Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2022, 04:13 AM

2 posts, read 2,901 times

Advertisements

Me and my FWB started sleeping with each other again 9 weeks ago after not seeing each other for 4 years due to a bad parting and me getting in a relationship.
The first 7 weeks were great. Amazing sex and he was always affectionate with me like we’d never been apart.
I always stay the night in his bed. We’d always end up having sex before we fell asleep and he would always touch, kiss and cuddle me in the morning as we woke up.
The last two nights I have a slept there he hasn’t touched me when we’ve been in bed. No spoon during the night, no cuddles in the morning. Nothing! It’s all just stopped and he gets straight out of bed.
The affection has still been great before we get in bed however.
The first time I put it down to him having a bad nights sleep due to a leg injury and the second time he said he felt rough due to having a cold but I’m not convinced. Should I ask him about this as it really bugging me. Something is off.

Old 01-01-2022, 04:26 AM

127 posts, read 43,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anirtakwishes View Post
Me and my FWB started sleeping with each other again 9 weeks ago after not seeing each other for 4 years due to a bad parting and me getting in a relationship.
The first 7 weeks were great. Amazing sex and he was always affectionate with me like we’d never been apart.
I always stay the night in his bed. We’d always end up having sex before we fell asleep and he would always touch, kiss and cuddle me in the morning as we woke up.
The last two nights I have a slept there he hasn’t touched me when we’ve been in bed. No spoon during the night, no cuddles in the morning. Nothing! It’s all just stopped and he gets straight out of bed.
The affection has still been great before we get in bed however.
The first time I put it down to him having a bad nights sleep due to a leg injury and the second time he said he felt rough due to having a cold but I’m not convinced. Should I ask him about this as it really bugging me. Something is off.
Why should you care whether he cuddles or not since you guys are not in a proper relationship? Maybe he's beginning to realize that cuddling and all the other stuffs that you're requiring could lead to stronger emotional attachment between you two and since you both ain't ready for proper relationship, he'll be putting himself at a disadvantaged position by getting too emotionally attached to you. So you have to let him be. If you want something more from him other than the FWB you both currently have then you have to discuss it with him and see how it goes from there. But you shouldn'thave any expectations as you may be disappointed by his response

Old 01-01-2022, 05:32 AM

34,089 posts, read 82,964,986 times
Quote:
Me and my FWB ...
You don't understand what a FWB is.
Quote:
Something is off.
If you want a BF that might become more... then do that.
Don't mix up the two.

Old 01-01-2022, 05:53 AM

2 posts, read 2,901 times
I understand the mean of FWB but my concern is why was the cuddling so prevalent at the start and went without saying, to all the sudden nothing.
And he’ll cuddle me on the sofa but has stopped doing it in bed. That’s what’s confusing.

Old 01-01-2022, 07:37 AM

1,085 posts, read 692,338 times
Quote:
I understand the mean of FWB but my concern is why was the cuddling so prevalent at the start and went without saying, to all the sudden nothing.
And he’ll cuddle me on the sofa but has stopped doing it in bed. That’s what’s confusing.
Because he realized what he is to you and you’re likely going to bounce the minute you find something else.

Old 01-01-2022, 07:48 AM

34,089 posts, read 82,964,986 times
Quote:
I understand the mean of FWB...
Nope. You really don't. And BECAUSE of this you misinterpret what is happening.

In fairness... it seems that rather few under age X have the first clue of what a FWB really is.
But rather than having ME try to tell you... here's another, older source of the several definitions.
Do yourself a favor and actually read it. Absorb it. Live it.

Old 01-01-2022, 07:55 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadyclem View Post
Why should you care whether he cuddles or not since you guys are not in a proper relationship?
"proper relationship"? Any relationship, whether married FWB or whatever is authored by those in the relationship and no one else.

The best part of being with my FWB was cuddling. Sometimes after a night out partying that's all we would do and have the best night sleep. There are no rules here... just a couple people comfortable enough with each other... As with all relationships, FWB is a relationship, expectations and boundaries should be set. Even today years later, we are now platonic but we still occasionally cuddle and share the same bed after a long night. We both enjoy the night together and waking in the morning together.

Again though... what we have is between her and I. Not that it should be set the standard for anyone else.

Yes... the OP should care whether or not her needs are met as well as his. That's the expectation she has in this relationship. If she enjoyed the experience of foreplay, cuddling, kissing, touching etc... then yeh... its important to her. Unfortunately, some guys are just like that. Some people (women and men) are selfish in that once they get what they need out of the relationship they forget the needs/wants of the other. If he doesn't realize it you should talk to him... if the OP isn't getting what she wants out of this relationship she should consider moving on or evolving the relationship into simply a platonic one. That's the crux of these FWB relationships... it does take effort to establish and maintain boundaries and expectations....

At this point it seems that he is getting what he wants out of this and you are not. Communicate that and/or move on. There is no commitment here beyond that.

Old 01-01-2022, 11:00 AM

6,455 posts, read 3,977,052 times
Relationships change once the initial "high" wears off. The contact and such isn't as high as it was in the beginning. AFAIK, that's normal. One person is probably going to cool off a bit before the other does-- so of course the other one will notice it.

However, if you want an answer to your question, the person to ask is him, not us. We can speculate for you all you like, but it's not going to give you any real information about what's going on in your specific situation.

Old 01-01-2022, 11:45 AM

43,080 posts, read 18,252,401 times
FWB is physical only. You've gone further than that and got your emotions involved.

Old 01-01-2022, 11:55 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,449,916 times
So it’s just two nights? Try giving him a chance to miss you. If things don’t improve, talk then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.