Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2022, 08:48 AM

318 posts, read 176,889 times

Advertisements

I think many women want the cuddling just as much as sex in a FWB "relationship". I know that's something I want. Due to my busy life with kids/work I don't really have time for a relationship but I still crave a certain level of intimacy. The last guy I was with, the reason I quit getting together with him is because after sex he would just get up and go to his livingroom to watch tv so I'd leave. I'd always drive home feeling unsatisfied. While the sex was good, it felt incomplete with the cuddling afterwards. If the OP is feeling unsatisfied because of the lack of cuddles or conversation I think it's time to quit him. He's not giving you what you want

Old 01-06-2022, 10:46 AM

2,100 posts, read 1,043,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anirtakwishes View Post
Me and my FWB started sleeping with each other again 9 weeks ago after not seeing each other for 4 years due to a bad parting and me getting in a relationship.
The first 7 weeks were great. Amazing sex and he was always affectionate with me like we’d never been apart.
I always stay the night in his bed. We’d always end up having sex before we fell asleep and he would always touch, kiss and cuddle me in the morning as we woke up.
The last two nights I have a slept there he hasn’t touched me when we’ve been in bed. No spoon during the night, no cuddles in the morning. Nothing! It’s all just stopped and he gets straight out of bed.
The affection has still been great before we get in bed however.
The first time I put it down to him having a bad nights sleep due to a leg injury and the second time he said he felt rough due to having a cold but I’m not convinced. Should I ask him about this as it really bugging me. Something is off.
Why would it be important to you for him to cuddle with you or otherwise act "caring" when you have entered into the most uncaring relationship known to man?

Could it be that the old FWB has raised it's ugly head and maybe someone is going to get hurt? If you agree to NSA sex only then you should not expect even a kiss. Also, you don't deserve a kiss, nor do you deserve anything other than what you got. Sex.

Old 01-06-2022, 11:03 AM

12,773 posts, read 14,978,563 times
Quote:
I understand the mean of FWB but my concern is why was the cuddling so prevalent at the start and went without saying, to all the sudden nothing.
And he’ll cuddle me on the sofa but has stopped doing it in bed. That’s what’s confusing.

Because w/ FWBs, there are NO rules, nothing has to be consistent, & it's just sex...as both parties in the arrangement should have known from day 1. The 2 people involved can be as generous or stingy as they want w/ affection they give & all that. I'm personally NOT for FWBs AT ALL. I don't like them 1 bit.

That's the risks you take when you enter into this kind of arrangement.

Old 01-06-2022, 03:05 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,720,329 times
Sigh....

Just stop. If you're this confused already especially over something this basic....it's a fail. Take the L and move on.

Old 01-06-2022, 03:54 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,233,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassionateNortherner View Post
I think many women want the cuddling just as much as sex in a FWB "relationship". I know that's something I want. Due to my busy life with kids/work I don't really have time for a relationship but I still crave a certain level of intimacy. The last guy I was with, the reason I quit getting together with him is because after sex he would just get up and go to his livingroom to watch tv so I'd leave. I'd always drive home feeling unsatisfied. While the sex was good, it felt incomplete with the cuddling afterwards. If the OP is feeling unsatisfied because of the lack of cuddles or conversation I think it's time to quit him.
Nop, cuddling after sex has no place in a FWB relationship. It works as a preamble before sex but after the act, each person must stop and go on their own. If you are not satisfied, find a boyfriend.

Old 01-06-2022, 04:55 PM

2,975 posts, read 1,644,194 times
Who decides these "rules"? Is there a FWB guide book?

I had a longtime FWB between my marriages. It wasn't a relationship but it was very romantic. It was warm and loving, not cold and clinical. Sleeping through the night together, spending time together during the day, etc.

But if we got into relationships we'd stop seeing each other for the duration.

And in the OP's case, her friend did cuddle but no longer does. Why the change?

It could be that someone has caught his eye and he's slowly drifting away from OP.

It could also be that he's losing interest. Only he knows for sure.

OP could cuddle him and sweetly tell him she misses their cuddling. See how he reacts, what he says.

Personally speaking, without affection there would be no "benefits."

Old 01-06-2022, 06:29 PM

6,866 posts, read 4,863,645 times
Quote:
Me and my FWB started sleeping with each other again 9 weeks ago after not seeing each other for 4 years due to a bad parting and me getting in a relationship.
The first 7 weeks were great. Amazing sex and he was always affectionate with me like we’d never been apart.
I always stay the night in his bed. We’d always end up having sex before we fell asleep and he would always touch, kiss and cuddle me in the morning as we woke up.
The last two nights I have a slept there he hasn’t touched me when we’ve been in bed. No spoon during the night, no cuddles in the morning. Nothing! It’s all just stopped and he gets straight out of bed.
The affection has still been great before we get in bed however.
The first time I put it down to him having a bad nights sleep due to a leg injury and the second time he said he felt rough due to having a cold but I’m not convinced. Should I ask him about this as it really bugging me. Something is off.
He is just a fwb, so it's not really important, is it?

Old 01-06-2022, 08:18 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorChip View Post
Nop, cuddling after sex has no place in a FWB relationship. It works as a preamble before sex but after the act, each person must stop and go on their own. If you are not satisfied, find a boyfriend.
Nope... Only those in the relationship, whatever it is, decides what is or is not.

One of the best nights sleep was next to FWBs even if there was no sex involved. Even today, we are still friends long after we have decided to be platonic. We both understood and respect each other's boundaries.

Old 01-06-2022, 11:24 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,950,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Because w/ FWBs, there are NO rules, nothing has to be consistent, & it's just sex...as both parties in the arrangement should have known from day 1. The 2 people involved can be as generous or stingy as they want w/ affection they give & all that. I'm personally NOT for FWBs AT ALL. I don't like them 1 bit.

That's the risks you take when you enter into this kind of arrangement.
There absolutely are parameters involved with FWB.

And my FWB and I are FRIENDS outside of the bedroom as well. We don't even go to bed every single time we get together. He was over last night to my place and we just sat on my couch listening to music, talking (and not talking at times), and drinking breakfast shots from 8:00 pm until he went home after 1:00 AM. No intimacy whatsoever. And that's ok, too.

Old 01-07-2022, 12:00 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,950,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorChip View Post
It does in mine. Before, during and after.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships