Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2022, 11:59 AM

1,655 posts, read 776,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
You'd think so but there seem to be an awful lot of women(at least on the internet) who have looked around at the men at their level and decided those men aren't good enough for them so they'd rather be alone and have occasional hookups with higher tier men who are willing to go slumming every once in a while.
This is certainly what I feel is happening. I think in the age of quick hookups being arranged online, some of these women are lulled into thinking these higher tier men are obtainable if they wait for the right one that just goes a little farther with them emotionally. And in today’s society there isn’t much controversy about a woman having casual sex with many men as a single woman.

However, I’ve heard discussion about it actually being harder for women to develop and maintain a long term relationship as their number of partners increases.

Old 08-18-2022, 12:16 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,758,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I'd actually love to see the stats of how many regular women have dated or are actually holding out for some dude with a yacht. I live in flyover country. Yacht ownership is surprisingly low in these parts.
You would be amazed. I hear it all day at work. Every one of my female coworkers wants a rich man so they can stay home and eat themselves to death.

Old 08-18-2022, 12:17 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,758,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
That’s good isn’t it? Giselle may not want him because he doesn’t help with the kids enough, so now what does your theory prove?
That women are impossible to please even if you are Tom Brady.

Old 08-18-2022, 12:22 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,737,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Are the women these men are pursuing doing all of this as well?
I think women are more often told (by women and men) what they shouldn't do to attract a partner. Make the first move. Have sex before the Xth date. Be smarter, taller, or wealthier. Have a child. Dress in revealing ways. Have a sexual history. Have platonic male friends.

Etc. I can tell you the most difficult barrier I have faced in dating over the years is the fact that I am a college-educated professional with a successful career and a higher-than-average salary. I have literally been ghosted after a potential date viewed my LinkedIn profile. More than once.

Last edited by zentropa; 08-18-2022 at 12:46 PM..

Old 08-18-2022, 12:24 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,158,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
So...what I'm hearing is: "It's impossible for me to please women." Correct?

Old 08-18-2022, 12:34 PM

1,483 posts, read 685,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I think women are more often told what they shouldn't do to attract a partner. Make the first move. Have sex before the Xth date. Be smarter, taller, or wealthier. Dress in revealing ways. Have a sexual history. Have platonic male friends.

Etc. I can tell you the most difficult barrier I have faced in dating over the years is the fact that I am a college-educated professional with a successful career and a higher-than-average salary. I have literally been ghosted after a potential date viewed my LinkedIn profile. More than once.
1. Nope. Nothing wrong with that.
2. With me, since I have reversed the dynamic, *I* decide when *I* am ready for that.
3. Couldn't care less about any of it. More to come on it later.
4. Eh... not an issue... but if it's tasteless, then could be.
5. LOL... depends.
6. No.problem... as long as *they* know it's platonic. Most dudes try to 'wriggle' their way in through some 'back door' - not THAT sort, get your head outta the gutter.
That's easy. Most women *expect* 'their man' to do more, make more, etc. All about being a 'real man' and stuff. Toxic patriarchal 1950s BS.

Plenty of stuff out there about how women disrespect men who don't make as much as they make - go check it out. And even if the guy does all the 'domestic' stuff too.

Old 08-18-2022, 12:43 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,869,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Yes, it’s the quick-hook-up women again!
Different day same story.

Old 08-18-2022, 12:43 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,737,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euskalherria View Post
1. Nope. Nothing wrong with that.
2. With me, since I have reversed the dynamic, *I* decide when *I* am ready for that.
3. Couldn't care less about any of it. More to come on it later.
4. Eh... not an issue... but if it's tasteless, then could be.
5. LOL... depends.
6. No.problem... as long as *they* know it's platonic. Most dudes try to 'wriggle' their way in through some 'back door' - not THAT sort, get your head outta the gutter.
That's easy. Most women *expect* 'their man' to do more, make more, etc. All about being a 'real man' and stuff. Toxic patriarchal 1950s BS.

Plenty of stuff out there about how women disrespect men who don't make as much as they make - go check it out. And even if the guy does all the 'domestic' stuff too.

Really missed the point. But you found yet another way to make it all about you and engage in a little whataboutism so we know how how terrible you believe women are.

Old 08-18-2022, 12:53 PM

1,483 posts, read 685,045 times
Quote:

Really missed the point. But you found yet another way to make it all about you and engage in a little whataboutism so we know how how terrible you believe women are.
All right. Since you know better than everyone else, YOU make the point. The mic is yours, let's go.

And no one has said - or thought - that women are 'terrible'. I am in a relationship with a woman who, while not perched on your lofty level of haughtiness, is a wonderful person who is worth my time and love. Enough of your damn aspersions.

And enough of the "make it about you" BS. Everyone here brings their perspective into discussions, perspectives that are based on personal experience. BTW, you "made it about YOU" when you brought up being ghosted. Yeah, "ok for me but not for thee", huh?

Now, if that distresses you in any shape or form, you know what to do. Here's the door...

Old 08-18-2022, 01:06 PM

7,928 posts, read 3,475,901 times
Quote:
I think women are more often told (by women and men) what they shouldn't do to attract a partner. Make the first move. Have sex before the Xth date. Be smarter, taller, or wealthier. Have a child. Dress in revealing ways. Have a sexual history. Have platonic male friends.

I wonder if they figure you'll eventually want to "date up" and they know their career is not at a higher level than yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships