Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2022, 07:56 PM

8,658 posts, read 3,863,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
What I've run into, having lived in San Francisco for many years (though no longer) is that there are many hetero men who love women, and many hetero men who don't like women. I've known many gay men, some of them are real women haters, and some absolutely love women.
I live in SF as well, and I’m a straight male. I don’t know of any colleagues or friends who hate women - including a few associates who are gay. From my perspective, one must be psychologically unwell in order to hate women (or men), as a whole.

Old 11-16-2022, 08:23 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,221,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
I live in SF as well, and I’m a straight male. I don’t know of any colleagues or friends who hate women - including a few associates who are gay. From my perspective, one must be psychologically unwell in order to hate women (or men), as a whole.
I don't know about that. People can be angry with women or men and a lot of time people view that anger as hatred.

Old 11-16-2022, 08:36 PM

4,640 posts, read 1,790,608 times
Quote:
I think that the title of this thread has more to do with whether men like women...for ANYTHING MORE THAN SEX. As friends...confidants...someone who's a shoulder to lean on, without sex getting in the way.

Life ain't ONLY about 'logic'. There's beauty...which has no logic. Two plus two may equal four, but it doesn't equate to the scent of a flower...or a child crying in the street because she lost her parents in some non-sensical war.

I think it was Ghandi who said (in an interview from years ago) that men should become more like women..for if they did, we wouldn't have the wars we have.

I've heard men complain about how women "should" be.

You guys don't get yet that that women would be the way they "should" be...

...If only MEN would be the way that THEY 'should' be.

Want us to 'follow' you? BE someone worth following! Don't depend on your gender to get us to follow you! Just because *you're* a man, doesn't mean a woman should automatically follow you.

Some men may hate women. But does it occur to them, that some women may hate them too?

Old 11-16-2022, 09:42 PM

1,713 posts, read 1,106,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
I think that the title of this thread has more to do with whether men like women...for ANYTHING MORE THAN SEX. As friends...confidants...someone who's a shoulder to lean on, without sex getting in the way.
I do, because I don't have enough interest in sex to allow it to get in the way. Binary thinking is a huge problem, and my recently late father was notorious for that. Someone of the (apparently) preferred gender in roughly the same age group appears to care for you and shows genuine concern. Therefore she must be into you and you should marry her yesterday. No, no, no and no. Whole worlds of no.

Old 11-16-2022, 09:56 PM

8,658 posts, read 3,863,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankrigby View Post
I don't know about that. People can be angry with women or men and a lot of time people view that anger as hatred.
Obviously, we can be angry with certain women; and we may not like, be attracted to, or respect some of them as well. However, that’s all very different than not liking an entire gender, per the thread. How can the latter be anything but psychological unwellness when one applies their anger/hatred/illogical thought process to half the population?

Quote:
It need not be either/or. Sex is a natural part of a heterosexual relationship and so is trust/emotionally leaning on each other. That said, I have many platonic friends who are women as well. However, when/if the subject of sex is brought up within the context of a friendship, why do you assume it’s the man’s fault for not seeing the woman any other way and/or we must not like women (for any other reason) - particularly relative to an established friendship. Women are just as likely to want or initiate sex with us.

Quote:
Want us to 'follow' you? BE someone worth following! Don't depend on your gender to get us to follow you! Just because *you're* a man, doesn't mean a woman should automatically follow you.
Follow us to where, lol? It’s not about gender or following anyone. At the end of the day, particularly relative to this forum, it’s about you and your individual choices re: friends and relationships - not (anger toward) men, as a whole.

Quote:
You guys don't get yet that that women would be the way they "should" be...
Women ‘should’ be what they want to be; if they are happy, confident and psychologically well, they will not dislike men, as a whole. They would simply do their own thing with the right type of man (or woman) for them.

Quote:
...If only MEN would be the way that THEY 'should' be.
I am exactly the man I want to be.

Old 11-16-2022, 10:40 PM

868 posts, read 458,178 times
Haaa, glad you had the patience to bother with all that, cheers.
But a few things made me chuckle, every woman friend l've ever had too, was the one that brought up sexual stuff which ruined the friendship in the end. l've given up. But eh so yeah, l dunno who wants who only for sex.
And can't be bothered checking back if it was yours or another post but yeah, all these so called successful women complaining and what this intimidation total bs , again ?
There's a helluva lot more successful men out there anyway so why do they always seem to be complaining about guys under them , can't they get someone on what they see as their level then ? God knows they have plenty to choose from- the problem is her not her success. As l just finished bothering to say yet again somewhere else today, l know quite a few successful or wealthy and happily married women who've had no problem whatsoever.

Anywayyyy, rah rah rah, same old.

Last edited by randomx; 11-16-2022 at 10:56 PM..

Old 11-16-2022, 11:06 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,221,791 times
Quote:
Obviously, we can be angry with certain women; and we may not like, be attracted to, or respect some of them as well. However, that’s all very different than not liking an entire gender, per the thread. How can the latter be anything but psychological unwellness when one applies their anger/hatred/illogical thought process to half the population?
You can also be angry at all men or all women about something you can be distrustful of all men or all women based on something I'm not saying it's rational I'm just saying that it happens. It doesn't mean there's anything psychologically wrong with you it just means you're angry at the moment or for the time.

Old 11-17-2022, 06:26 AM

19,620 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
Maybe so. In her area, there are a lot of women who look like her. Competition, whether you like the idea or not. Men have their pick, and often because women are desperate. She is not.

I also said upthread that she does not have physical custody of her children. Her ex does (he remarried, has another child and a stay at home wife). It made sense for him to have primary custody.

I think she will find someone when she least expects it. May have happened already. We have lost touch because it was too painful for her to stay in touch, and I understand.
The truth is a lot of "marrying type" guys would see this as her choosing to give up her children for career by not having custody. They would see a red flag. Moms almost always have custody and fight hard for it if need be. The guys ok with it probably aren't marrying type.

Old 11-17-2022, 06:42 AM

3,198 posts, read 1,665,647 times
Quote:
But it hasn't been just a couple of generations. The change has been going on since the Industrial Revolution of the late 1800's.

I think the reason my son's ex g/f can't find a husband is because she's very successful, makes a lot of money, and is gorgeous. Also already has 2 children. A lot of men are intimidated by that. She told me "no one wants to get married anymore." I think she's comfortable with a slightly more patriarchal relationship, too.
That's not true at all. Her standards are too high or she's looking for men at the wrong places. For example, I've met women that are good looking, successful, and have had some children with them. I've had some good relationships with some but I find them unattractive in the long run because they don't appear vulnerable to men. They want to be the one controlling the relationship on their terms.

For example, one woman who is pretty well off and I enjoyed being with. But she had terms that were too difficult, I felt like I was in her servitude rather than her equal partner. While she could be protective of herself because of her wealth or career. It makes it difficult to bond with. She will most likely seek a man with even higher wealth than her in order for her.

Another woman I dated, has a good job. Director of some healthcare org and very nice and caring but we tried to bond together but her obligations and devotion to her job is just too much. A lot of women in position of authority just take their jobs too seriously.

I hate to be a sexist but I think women should sacrifice their careers in order for their happiness. Women can't just take on jobs with high authority and obligations without alienating men. I just felt every time we were planning on dates it was cut short or could not plan around her job obligations. Usually women who have these obligations are married so they don't need to go on dates frequently.

Men are much more resourceful when it comes to finding time to make dates. We prioritize mating over work. While women don't seem to prioritize mating and which they should! That is the major difference.

Old 11-17-2022, 08:02 AM

11,015 posts, read 6,870,183 times
Quote:
Right and there are people who are psychologically unwell, including San Francisco. Mind you, it wasn't a lot of people. Just a few. It is out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.