Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2022, 10:07 AM

8,658 posts, read 3,863,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankrigby View Post
Anger is an emotion and emotions are irrational you're not psychologically damaged or have psychological problems because you have emotions.
If someone is angry and dislikes an entire gender, as per the various man-bashing threads (or this one), then it’s not rocket science to determine said person is not dealing with anger/rage in a healthy/functional manner i.e. their relationships/life will be impaired as a result. Naturally, it’s not the anger in and of itself; it’s that one dislikes an entire gender and continually expresses such. Clearly, it’s an ongoing issue.

Obviously, I’m not a psychologist or therapist of any sort; but I never claimed to be. It’s just my personal observation (and common sense).

Quote:
I've lived around humans in my entire life and this is a very common thing it's not rational because it is an emotion and emotions aren't rational if you expect them to be you have no idea what you're talking about.
I think your posts are (bizarrely) defensive; at the end of the day, it’s just my opinion relative to the type of women I like (or don’t). That said, I do not think it’s ‘a very common thing’ for women (or men) to dislike or be angry with an entire gender, per the thread.

Quote:
from my perspective you have absolutely zero experience with humanity whatsoever. Have you not ever encountered somebody who was angry about something and snapped at you and you weren't involved at all?
Absolutely, as evidenced by your posts. :-) However, this isn’t relevant to my point as it’s not comparable to disliking an entire gender/half the population relative to one’s (unresolved) anger.

Old 11-19-2022, 11:14 AM

63 posts, read 52,130 times
So far I’ve confirmed my belief that men don’t want an infertile or post wall woman. We don’t provide any value beyond our fertility. If we never have kids, we’ll be miserable beyond 40years old. A woman is a failure if she cannot reproduce. We offer no other value.

Old 11-19-2022, 11:18 AM

273 posts, read 155,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easilyjaded View Post
So far I’ve confirmed my belief that men don’t want an infertile or post wall woman. We don’t provide any value beyond our fertility. If we never have kids, we’ll be miserable beyond 40years old. A woman is a failure if she cannot reproduce. We offer no other value.
Not so. I've never wanted kids so I actually prefer infertile or post menopausal women.

Not sure what qualifies as post-wall but I am 42 and actively pursuing women in their late 40's and even early 50's. Also looks are not my primary criteria. I am physically attracted to almost all women so it is more about the person and lifestyle compatibility for me. However, I freely admit I am not like most men but believe there to be plenty out there like myself.

Last edited by CyclingChemist; 11-19-2022 at 12:02 PM..

Old 11-19-2022, 11:56 AM

8,658 posts, read 3,863,988 times
Quote:
We don’t provide any value beyond our fertility.
Quote:
A woman is a failure if she cannot reproduce.
Quote:
We offer no other value.
I agree you’re (easily) jaded. I don’t know what men you’ve encountered but, I can emphatically state as a man, this isn’t true. Some want children; others do not (women and men). Could it be you’re confusing the physical attractiveness of a younger woman with the notion it’s somehow relative to (an interest in a woman’s) fertility?

Actually, more of us lean in the direction of not wanting kids and/or not placing much importance on it either way - unless, of course, we are (about to commit to or are) in a serious relationship with a woman who wants a child down-the-road. I always assumed I would have kids, although that’s a bit different than actively wanting/planning for them. However, as the years have gone by, the less likely it is to happen (and I don’t think about it); many women don’t want children anyway. It certainly doesn’t mean I have no use for a relationship i.e. it’s about her compassion, honesty, humor, ability to communicate and so on - not her fertility.

Last edited by CorporateCowboy; 11-19-2022 at 12:11 PM.. Reason: punctuation typo

Old 11-19-2022, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
I agree you’re (easily) jaded. I don’t know what men you’ve encountered but, I can emphatically state as a man, this isn’t true. Some want children; others do not (women and men). Could it be you’re confusing the physical attractiveness of a younger woman with the notion it’s somehow relative to (an interest in a woman’s) fertility?

Actually, more of us lean in the direction of not wanting kids and/or not placing much importance on it either way - unless, of course, we are (about to commit to or are) in a serious relationship with a woman who wants a child down-the-road. I always assumed I would have kids; obviously, the longer it goes, the less likely it is to happen, particularly since I’m in my forties, and many women don’t want children anyway. It certainly doesn’t mean I have no use for a relationship i.e. it’s about her compassion, honesty, humor, ability to communicate and so on - not her fertility.

It’s all I read in the manosphere/red pill/purple pill forums. A woman’s value comes from her looks, youth, and fertility. When a woman lacks one of those, she’s screwed in the dating world.

I’m in my early 30s (no longer young), fertile but shouldn’t have kids due to genetic conditions, consider myself attractive still but not as much as in my 20s. I really provide no value to men at this state.

Old 11-19-2022, 12:12 PM

29,742 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
It’s all I read in the manosphere/red pill/purple pill forums. A woman’s value comes from her looks, youth, and fertility. When a woman lacks one of those, she’s screwed in the dating world.

I’m in my early 30s (no longer young), fertile but shouldn’t have kids due to genetic conditions, consider myself attractive still but not as much as in my 20s. I really provide no value to men at this state.
Men who post in manosphere forums on Reddit are generally not a reliable source of information on real, functional, respectful relationships. What you're doing is like poking yourself in the eye and complaining that your eye hurts.

Old 11-19-2022, 12:24 PM

Men who post in those forums have often been traumatized by relationships and are rather jaded towards women. There are similarly women who have been traumatized by their relationships with men and make similar derogatory claims about men. To be fair there are a fair number of them in both genders but neither are correct. Any blanket statements about half the population are wrong.

Old 11-19-2022, 01:01 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uTMPwFlf9I

Old 11-19-2022, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclingChemist View Post
Jordan Peterson fans just **** on older women. Why would I watch him, and read his comments that’ll just make me feel worse about my situation?

Old 11-19-2022, 01:20 PM

4,027 posts, read 3,305,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclingChemist View Post
I don't believe I am coming on too strong or needy. We chat talk about ourselves and situation I don't even bring up sex unless the woman does first which usually doesn't happen very early on. If they are all paranoid that I am only out to hump and dump them I really don't know what to do about that. I make it very clear I am looking for a LTR.

After a few days or a week of chatting It's like we've exhausted the medium if we want to move things forward we have to meet in person at least for a coffee/sandwich.

No i do not enjoy dating at all. I wouldn't be doing it if I wasn't on a mission. I honestly don't understand why men just want hookups, put all this effort just for some sex then run off and start from scratch again. Dating is a means to an end. I want a long term relationship or heck to find the woman I want to spend the rest of my life then delete all these forking apps of my phone forever.
I agree that you aren't just looking for sex, but are you going through the dating motions too much? Sometimes as guys, we can get too focused on outcomes, we get too focused on will she write me back, am I going to get ghosted yet again, what should I write to her to get her to write me back, that we kind of lose track of the forest for all of the trees.

If you think about the dates that you have had that were good versus the bad dates that you had, the good dates generally were all pretty fun. People talk about that you need to find someone you have chemistry with, but what is that chemistry specifically? I would say a big chunk of the chemistry is just finding someone you can playfully banter with. If you are getting a woman to laugh with you and to exchange stories with, generally those women are going to want to meet up with you.

So I think that is why it is important to come up with someway of meeting women where you are enjoying yourself and you are able to have fun. Because if you aren't having fun while dating, it is hard for you to seem like fun as a person.

Second, I would say that we are looking for someone that we can emotionally connect with, we want to find someone who we think really wants to listen to us and is trying to understand us and that is the other area where I think you don't want to be going through the dating motions. Your conversations should move at some point from small talk to also include some big talk. You want to give women an opportunity to connect with you emotionally. Your interactions with women don't have to be all this, but they should include some of this.

This will give you a flavor of what I am getting at.
https://www.makebigtalk.com/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.