Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2022, 01:23 PM

273 posts, read 155,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easilyjaded View Post
Jordan Peterson fans just **** on older women. Why would I watch him, and read his comments that’ll just make me feel worse about my situation?
I wasn't aware of that but you are listening to manosphere/red pill stuff?

Old 11-19-2022, 01:33 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,560,059 times
Quote:
Jordan Peterson fans just **** on older women. Why would I watch him, and read his comments that’ll just make me feel worse about my situation?
I just watched this piece; despite your opinion about Peterson in general, you might gain something from spending two minutes watching what CC posted.

Old 11-19-2022, 01:49 PM

3,644 posts, read 1,600,118 times
Tom Brady said his wife was his best friend.

Old 11-19-2022, 02:01 PM

19,620 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
It’s all I read in the manosphere/red pill/purple pill forums. A woman’s value comes from her looks, youth, and fertility. When a woman lacks one of those, she’s screwed in the dating world.

I’m in my early 30s (no longer young), fertile but shouldn’t have kids due to genetic conditions, consider myself attractive still but not as much as in my 20s. I really provide no value to men at this state.
who do you think reads and posts that stuff? Incels who can't get any woman.

You should consider some counseling you might need antidepressants. And stop reading that stupid manosphere stuff, it's so 2016.

Old 11-19-2022, 03:09 PM

8,658 posts, read 3,863,988 times
Quote:
It’s all I read in the manosphere/red pill/purple pill forums. A woman’s value comes from her looks, youth, and fertility. When a woman lacks one of those, she’s screwed in the dating world.
Why are you (wasting your time) reading such nonsense, yet alone taking it seriously? I’m certainly not going to deny physical attractiveness matters to most of us (I suspect to many women as well) - but not at the expense of a solid friendship. Many (including myself) consider our girlfriends/wives to be a best friend/confidant; it’s not as easy to be vulnerable about feelings and such with other guys as it can be with the right woman. In fact, I have several long-time male friends and colleagues with whom I’ve never discussed much of anything on a personal level.

Quote:
I’m in my early 30s (no longer young), fertile but shouldn’t have kids due to genetic conditions, consider myself attractive still but not as much as in my 20s. I really provide no value to men at this state.
I think this speaks to an issue of self-esteem and/or a lack in positive direction/attitude more so than it does to how any one man might potentially ‘value’ you (or not). The first step (relative to your thread) is valuing yourself sans speaking negatively about an entire gender.

Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-19-2022 at 11:05 PM..

Old 11-19-2022, 04:31 PM

318 posts, read 176,829 times
Do men like women? Of course you can't generalize. I would definitely have to separate men into categories though when it comes to liking women:

1) Men who like women in general and often seek out friendships with women moreso than men.

2) Men who have friendships with women and like them according to personality. These men also have a lot of male friends.

3) Men who like women who they are attracted to. They may be friends with women but mainly women they are attracted to who they would sleep with if the opportunity arose. These type of men often enjoy flirting or just being around women because they enjoy the attraction even if it's never going to lead to sex.

4) Men who like women as partners but do not typically have female friends unless they are the partner of their male friends because they are common acquaintances or they are relations like cousins.

5) Men who like women because of what she can give him physically--sex, cooking, keeping the house clean, being a mother for his children.

6) Men who do not like women because they don't like female energy. It's not that they hate women, but it's just that they aren't sexually attracted to them because they are either gay or asexual so they have no use for them or they are just uncomfortable around them because of shyness or not really being around women much.

7) Men who hate women because they haven't been able to find a woman to provide them with what they physically want--sex, cooking, housecleaning, mothering their children. These men are resentful and are often called incels.

8) Men who hate women because of previous heartbreak, multiple heartbreaks or rejection/abuse from their mother as a child.

Old 11-19-2022, 06:55 PM

1,713 posts, read 1,106,961 times
The obvious, yet flippant, answer is I don't know. I haven't met them all. There are some women I'm very fond of and others I don't like one little bit. Like everything in life, the only real way to evaluate people or situations is on a case by case basis. Are you a decent human? Do we enjoy each other's company? Can we spend time together socially with no expectations of romance or sex?

'Oh, you don't date and you're not looking for a partner? You must have a problem with (insert whatever gender we think you're into based on our assumptions).' Nope. My problem is with the game rather than the players. I also prefer to keep my distance from people so life can be as simple as possible. That doesn't mean I dislike them, but I only have so much in the tank.

Old 11-19-2022, 07:07 PM

4,232 posts, read 2,456,650 times
The division and animosity between the sexes is more or less irreconcilable at this point.

Old 11-19-2022, 07:16 PM

10,342 posts, read 5,864,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
The division and animosity between the sexes is more or less irreconcilable at this point.
I don’t see that IRL. Maybe the haters stay home or don’t speak up in mixed conversations. Kind of like political preferences, it’s suspected in a few, and eventually shows up.

Old 11-19-2022, 07:21 PM

4,232 posts, read 2,456,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I don’t see that IRL. Maybe the haters stay home or don’t speak up in mixed conversations. Kind of like political preferences, it’s suspected and eventually shows up.
I don't know... I rarely see men and women being affectionate with each other these days. To my mind, that is a reflection of the irreconcilable levels of conflict, combativeness, distrust, division, and animosity that currently exists between the sexes.

What goes on online is merely a reflection of what is happening in the "real world"- they are not two separate and unrelated entities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.