Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2022, 05:44 PM

5,660 posts, read 3,169,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffinpuncher View Post
Yes men like and love women ! It’s women that hate other women.
I've seen that said here before. Maybe from you...maybe someone else. But what do you base that on?

Old 12-07-2022, 06:13 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,884,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I bit my tongue on this one, wrote a whole thing and then changed my mind. He and I have argued before and he has never shifted from his manosphere saturated opinions, and it's been years. He's already acknowledged that between baggage from his family of origin, the way a couple of guy friends abandoned him (he believes because of their tyrant wives) and all of the sitcoms he's watched, he will forever insist that women are "Hitler in heels on God Mode" out to subjugate and ruin men.
Well, today, I hold a more balanced view: I don't blame the wives entirely. I say the husbands are as much to blame. They knowingly FedEx'ed their cojones (sp?), via Next Day Air at their own expense, to the Wife Power Association of America. If they had only put their foot down, my threads from the days of yore wouldn't exist. But the damage's been done; today, I pretty much have a "Christmas card" friendship with those men. Most of my current friends are ones I met through a right-wing group in spring of 2020. Many of them aren't even single, and half of them are women. Who I very much like having in my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
False accusations of rape do ruin careers/reputations; hence there are several actions one can take from a legal standpoint, depending upon applicability.
According to one source, whose name currently escapes my memory, 50% to 75% of all accusations/charges are false. Sex-related charges are all state crimes, unless they involve crossing the state lines in some capacity. The only reason they're being allowed is that they bring massive revenue to state court systems, entirely on men's backs, especially to corrupt, bankrupt states like Hellinois.

Last edited by MillennialUrbanist; 12-07-2022 at 06:22 PM..

Old 12-07-2022, 07:06 PM

3,421 posts, read 5,225,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
When you read forums like this one you'd get the impression that women are not very fond of men either, or at least have some form of contempt for them. Yet out in the real world men and women get along just fine for the most part.
If women don't like men, it's typically a response to constant abuse, mistreatment and disrespect.

I am a woman. I used to love men. But after enduring nothing but abuse, disrespect and mistreatment from them, I came to realize that men are misogynistic and would not have anything to do with most women if it weren't for sex. I came to this realization years ago.I've stopped dating, chosen celibacy and I feel much happier and much more at peace with myself. I realize that no longer involving myself with men was best for my mental health and self esteem.

I'd like to believe I'm still open to having platonic friendships with men if I meet men who are genuinely capable of this, but being involved with men in a romantic or sexual sense, I'm done with it. It's always been a horrible experience.

If you look on social media like tiktok there a thousands of videos of men expressing an utter disdain for women. One that stands out in particular in reference to this particular conversation, a guy that's talking about how he just doesn't find women interesting at all. Okay fine, go date other men then.

Men these days are getting on social media and podcasts making it abundantly clear that they don't like women, and that they see women as property while simultaneously demanding that women have sex with them, marry them, have their children and cook and clean for them. They are quite vocal about this

Last edited by Atlanta_BD; 12-07-2022 at 07:18 PM..

Old 12-07-2022, 07:42 PM

7,945 posts, read 3,490,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
If women don't like men, it's typically a response to constant abuse, mistreatment and disrespect.
Of course. It's OK when women don't like men but it's not OK when men don't like women. This is so tiresome. If it's ok for one gender to not like the other, then the reverse is also true, in which case...what is the point of this thread? Who cares if men don't like women, since women apparently don't like men? Why do you even want people you have such contempt for to like you?

Last edited by Toxic Waltz; 12-07-2022 at 08:10 PM..

Old 12-07-2022, 08:28 PM

5,660 posts, read 3,169,883 times
You know...it IS tiresome. It's tiresome...almost boring. And it cuts both ways.

Old 12-07-2022, 08:38 PM

2,983 posts, read 1,656,363 times
The male of most species is generally more of what humans call "aggressive" or "violent" and it's true of humans too. Generally the female is less so, but not always.

That doesn't mean male capacity for what humans call "evil" is greater than the female. Far from it, both are capable of bad behavior. Women's is often not violent bc of their strength limitations. But women prey on people of lesser strength, like murdering their own children or other people's children in the role of health care providers. Or while caring for the elderly. Or poisoning people. Women are humans, therefore they have all the traits humans possess, "good" and "bad."

There is no "toxic masculinity" but there is toxic behavior and toxic thinking and both men and women are capable of it.

Those women who choose to see all men as intrinsically "bad" are free to do so. How that enhances or adds joy to their lives is known only to them. It wouldn't to mine.

How would it help my life to suspect all men (half the population of the world) of being fatally irredeemably flawed based on my poor choice of a first husband or some of the obviously questionable men I chose to date?

I am responsible for my choices in life and the company I sometimes chose to keep and no one else is. I accept that responsibility as an adult, as a grownup. If some women want to see themselves as victims, have at it. But I never will. The things that have happened to me are the result of my choices.

I've mentioned in various threads how blessed I've been to have had wonderful women friends over the years. Strong brave fearless women. All of them made me a stronger better person bc of their friendship. None of them would dream of cowering in a corner as a victim and blaming men for it. Most had long-term marriages (some of us after not so great first marriages). They stood toe to toe with men as equals and gave as good as they got, they didn't blame all men for the actions of a few. That's the kind of woman I admire.

Old 12-07-2022, 08:49 PM

52,307 posts, read 52,771,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyandPearl View Post
The male of most species is generally more of what humans call "aggressive" or "violent" and it's true of humans too. Generally the female is less so, but not always.

That doesn't mean male capacity for what humans call "evil" is greater than the female. Far from it, both are capable of bad behavior. Women's is often not violent bc of their strength limitations. But women prey on people of lesser strength, like murdering their own children or other people's children in the role of health care providers. Or while caring for the elderly. Or poisoning people. Women are humans, therefore they have all the traits humans possess, "good" and "bad."

There is no "toxic masculinity" but there is toxic behavior and toxic thinking and both men and women are capable of it.

Those women who choose to see all men as intrinsically "bad" are free to do so. How that enhances or adds joy to their lives is known only to them. It wouldn't to mine.

How would it help my life to suspect all men (half the population of the world) of being fatally irredeemably flawed based on my poor choice of a first husband or some of the obviously questionable men I chose to date?

I am responsible for my choices in life and the company I sometimes chose to keep and no one else is. I accept that responsibility as an adult, as a grownup. If some women want to see themselves as victims, have at it. But I never will. The things that have happened to me are the result of my choices.

I've mentioned in various threads how blessed I've been to have had wonderful women friends over the years. Strong brave fearless women. All of them made me a stronger better person bc of their friendship. None of them would dream of cowering in a corner as a victim and blaming men for it. Most had long-term marriages (some of us after not so great first marriages). They stood toe to toe with men as equals and gave as good as they got, they didn't blame all men for the actions of a few. That's the kind of woman I admire.
Good post from someone that has some wisdom under the belt and a sense of fair play.

Wounded people can sometimes generalize a little too much.

Old 12-07-2022, 08:54 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,402,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post

‘Always crying’ is ‘balance’ in your mind, lol? You’ve missed the point entirely i.e. it doesn’t matter whether you stated ‘men are always crying’ rather than ‘all men are always crying’. The statement/implication/motivation is clear, particularly relative to this thread. Do you (even) personally know one man (yet alone more than that) who ‘always cries’ relative to such? If so, I’d suggest you find yourself some new friends/personal relationships.

That said, the vast majority of us don’t cry (or even think) about such. We’ve never been in the situation.
So unless I know at least several men always saying it then it's not a thing? But if I DO know anyone personally saying it then I need to find better friends? Damned if I do and damned if I don't...typical.

I'll say the same to you - just because you don't personally know men saying such things doesn't mean they don't exist. I certainly see/hear a lot of mentions in a variety of forums just on c-d alone. I'm not saying they are representative of the population in general but it's out there. And the extent of their verbosity and fierceness increases their influence. I'm glad you don't exist around such men - but they exist...and they find similar men to reinforce those beliefs further.

Might I say there's a lot of "good" men who think that because they are good then there really aren't THAT many BAD men. I honestly don't care how good you are! Are you stopping other men from their bad behavior? No, not likely. So...I'm glad you're not "bad" but that doesn't change the fact that they exist. Thanks for telling me how good a guy YOU are - keep yelling it from the rooftops You may even be in the majority but that does nothing to excuse the others. That's the part I don't think you get - you've "missed the point entirely".

Old 12-07-2022, 09:04 PM

5,061 posts, read 7,510,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post

I am a woman. I used to love men. But after enduring nothing but abuse, disrespect and mistreatment from them, I came to realize that men are misogynistic and would not have anything to do with most women if it weren't for sex. I came to this realization years ago.I've stopped dating, chosen celibacy and I feel much happier and much more at peace with myself. I realize that no longer involving myself with men was best for my mental health and self esteem.

I'd like to believe I'm still open to having platonic friendships with men if I meet men who are genuinely capable of this, but being involved with men in a romantic or sexual sense, I'm done with it. It's always been a horrible experience.

If you look on social media like tiktok there a thousands of videos of men expressing an utter disdain for women. One that stands out in particular in reference to this particular conversation, a guy that's talking about how he just doesn't find women interesting at all. Okay fine, go date other men then.

Men these days are getting on social media and podcasts making it abundantly clear that they don't like women, and that they see women as property while simultaneously demanding that women have sex with them, marry them, have their children and cook and clean for them. They are quite vocal about this
As bad as I feel for you, you are assigning the behaviour of a few, to half the worlds population. Nobody told you, you must date these men, you chose to.

You complain of men expressing an utter disdain for women on ticktock and social media etc, and yet here you are doing pretty much exactly that on City Data - which is also social media.

My farther passed away 3 weeks ago, he had been happily married to my mum for 50 years, and worked his guts out for all of those 50 years to support her, he never set a hand on her, my mum me and my brother were all by his side, holding his hand crying our eyes out watching him die.

As society we seem to be completely forgetting that men like my father are far more normal than the violent and abusive one.

Old 12-07-2022, 09:20 PM

2,983 posts, read 1,656,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
So unless I know at least several men always saying it then it's not a thing? But if I DO know anyone personally saying it then I need to find better friends? Damned if I do and damned if I don't...typical.

I'll say the same to you - just because you don't personally know men saying such things doesn't mean they don't exist. I certainly see/hear a lot of mentions in a variety of forums just on c-d alone. I'm not saying they are representative of the population in general but it's out there. And the extent of their verbosity and fierceness increases their influence. I'm glad you don't exist around such men - but they exist...and they find similar men to reinforce those beliefs further.

Might I say there's a lot of "good" men who think that because they are good then there really aren't THAT many BAD men. I honestly don't care how good you are! Are you stopping other men from their bad behavior? No, not likely. So...I'm glad you're not "bad" but that doesn't change the fact that they exist. Thanks for telling me how good a guy YOU are - keep yelling it from the rooftops You may even be in the majority but that does nothing to excuse the others. That's the part I don't think you get - you've "missed the point entirely".
1. How do you know it's not likely?

2. What are you doing to prevent women's bad behavior?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships