Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2022, 11:04 AM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
Do men actually like women?

Men? Women? We can't even DEFINE what a man or women is anymore. Can we? So doesn't the question become meaningless?
LOL, yeah a little weird these days.

I'll call a person whatever they want to be called and I'll be respectful, but I still know what a man or a woman is. You can put lipstick and dress on a linebacker, and we can all agree to call her a woman, but we all still know that's it's a linebacker in a dress.

Old 11-21-2022, 11:09 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, yeah a little weird these days.

I'll call a person whatever they want to be called and I'll be respectful, but I still know what a man or a woman is. You can put lipstick and dress on a linebacker, and we can all agree to call her a woman, but we all still know that's it's a linebacker in a dress.
I haven't dated linebacker. I have dated a QB. She looked good in a dress and I had no problem telling she was a woman. She also had a gun of an arm.

I don't find anything wierd about it.

Old 11-21-2022, 11:16 AM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I haven't dated linebacker. I have dated a QB. She looked good in a dress and I had no problem telling she was a woman. She also had a gun of an arm.

I don't find anything wierd about it.
Virtue signal acknowledged.

Old 11-21-2022, 11:18 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Virtue signal acknowledged.
What signal was there? Acknowleging women can play sports?

Yeah, that's amazing. So new. Cutting edge. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that would be a revelation on a far right forum.

I probably should have "put her in her place" and confined her to the kitchen. Then do some grunting while I dragged my knuckles.

Last edited by timberline742; 11-21-2022 at 12:19 PM..

Old 11-21-2022, 12:11 PM

11,015 posts, read 6,870,183 times
I love it when a thread provides comedic relief!

Old 11-21-2022, 12:36 PM

972 posts, read 542,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
The OP may be wondering whether all of those different types of men are just pretending, but at the end of the day all think the same.

It is a legitimate question.
That misses my point. With all the different kinds of men, how likely is it that they all boil down to one sentiment about women? And who here would be able to give an authoritative answer about all men's feelings? If all or most men did ultimately dislike women, it would take a social scientist who spent a lot of time researching that to give a reliable answer.

Old 11-21-2022, 06:01 PM

3,264 posts, read 1,745,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
........Then do some grunting while I dragged my knuckles.
Hey! Some of us resemble that remark !

Old 11-21-2022, 11:06 PM

58 posts, read 35,518 times
A pretty face and fertility, yea that about sums it up. Most times that is the description used when a guy don’t run to the first available woman and he just stays single, they pin that label on him because he is probably looking for something better to come along which could be true, or he could have just decided a cocker spaniel was easier to live with.

Old 11-22-2022, 03:10 AM

1,713 posts, read 1,106,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokiePokie View Post
A pretty face and fertility, yea that about sums it up. Most times that is the description used when a guy don’t run to the first available woman and he just stays single, they pin that label on him because he is probably looking for something better to come along which could be true, or he could have just decided a cocker spaniel was easier to live with.
The 'first available' syndrome is a big part of the problem. When I grew up, it was expected that people would pair off with the first one who showed any interest, pop out a kid or two, sign up for a mortgage and spend the next however many years finding out how much they hated each other. I wasn't having it, and I made sure no one got to know me well enough to develop any kind of interest. It's been my MO since puberty hit in the late 80s and nothing has changed at 46. If someone took a shine to me then or now, I'd assume they weren't quite right in the head. Sure, me being part of a couple might turn out well, but it's far more likely to crash and burn.

Old 11-22-2022, 05:19 AM

19,620 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbles76 View Post
The 'first available' syndrome is a big part of the problem. When I grew up, it was expected that people would pair off with the first one who showed any interest, pop out a kid or two, sign up for a mortgage and spend the next however many years finding out how much they hated each other. I wasn't having it, and I made sure no one got to know me well enough to develop any kind of interest. It's been my MO since puberty hit in the late 80s and nothing has changed at 46. If someone took a shine to me then or now, I'd assume they weren't quite right in the head. Sure, me being part of a couple might turn out well, but it's far more likely to crash and burn.
Did you grow up in a religious environment or very small town? It just sounds like very old school thinking for the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships