Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2022, 06:39 PM

211 posts, read 140,753 times

Advertisements

Dang, you're further along then I'll ever be. I can't even get up to the plate, much less reach first base.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2022, 08:50 PM

632 posts, read 300,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeAnonymous View Post
Hello, I am a somewhat older male having a situation that I've not experienced before, and I'm wondering if anyone has feedback (especially females that may have been in the situation of the girl I'm dating, that maybe can tell me what was going through your mind).

I have been on 4 dates with a girl I really like, and they all go amazingly well and we hit it off every time. She openly uses "future talk", as in "we should go there sometime," or "maybe we can try that place". That's all well and good, but in between dates (which are about a week apart so far), she almost never texts or calls. If I text her, she does not move the conversation forward - she keeps it to short answers that really don't call for any reply...and if I do reply, I feel like I'm looking needy since it doesn't seem like she is looking for a reply.

I won't go into her personal life, but she is an extremely busy person, much busier than I am and I would say busier than most people...and so I understand that can be part of it for sure. However, I have always been under the impression that if you're really into someone, you will make time to at least reach out and say "thinking of you", or "how's your day?", or at least make some sort of an effort. To add to the confusion, I have yet to get any type of major flirting on in person dates, and zero on calls or texts. Yes, there have been some very short kisses/pecks, handholding, etc. - but not much.

SO here's the question - I'm pretty positive she's interested at this point, especially since she keeps suggesting places to go. I'm 90% certain she isn't dating anyone else (but not 100%). I don't think she would have time, and on top of that, as far as I know I have hung out with her on every free day or at least we've tried to make plans on every free day. So, why is she so distant/hesitant to show any type of affection or positive feedback?
It sounds like she just does not want to become involved too quickly. She wants to play it cool, if it happens, it happens, if it doesn't, it doesn't. She doesn't want to put much energy into it right away.

Far as it working out long term, only she knows. She might decide she just does not feel that spark or maybe she does. All you can do is wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships