Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2023, 11:19 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,577,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocialBeeSarah View Post
To my husband, I'm the combination of everything; assertive, committed, loyal, serious, loving, supportive, hardworker, etc. Being a virgin was basically the cherry on top. He thought it was rarer for me to still be a virgin at age 21.

It’s 2023 tho. Ppl who have relationship experience & have careers before they settle down have a better chance of finding a healthy relationship, IMO. They know what’s out there. They have learned what they want & don’t want. LOTS of ppl…most…who marry young get divorced because they grow up & apart. I know I’m not the same now as I was 10 yrs ago. I wouldn’t have dated my husband when I was 21 or early 20s & he wouldn’t have dated me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2023, 11:26 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,719,216 times
Op you sound VERY sheltered and young.

Old 06-07-2023, 11:34 AM

147 posts, read 112,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownBucks View Post
I'd be worried that your husband can confirm that the dating scene is getting worse. LOL.

I was going to say this. How does your husband confirms this . makes you wonder lol

Old 06-07-2023, 11:45 AM

104 posts, read 71,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
It’s 2023 tho. Ppl who have relationship experience & have careers before they settle down have a better chance of finding a healthy relationship, IMO. They know what’s out there. They have learned what they want & don’t want. LOTS of ppl…most…who marry young get divorced because they grow up & apart. I know I’m not the same now as I was 10 yrs ago. I wouldn’t have dated my husband when I was 21 or early 20s & he wouldn’t have dated me.
It's 2023 and things have changed but I don't have to follow the modern trend if I don't want to. Just because most people cohabitate and have multiple relationships before settling down in their 30's doesn't mean I wanted that lifestyle. I don't have to follow the herd if I don't want to. So if most people go to clubs to enjoy their youth, I have to do that too because after all it's 2023?? Nope.
I'm looking forward to conceiving soon and be on my 3rd (last) child by the time I'm in my early 30's. I'll be back to get my Master's afterwards.

Old 06-07-2023, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisnIvy View Post
I was going to say this. How does your husband confirms this . makes you wonder lol
He goes base on what his friends and cousins tell him. Plus, we've been reading horrible stories posted on reddit. He reads that and is disappointed. In his former HS, even two of his friends got cheated on.

Old 06-07-2023, 11:47 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Quote:
I'm looking forward to conceiving soon and be on my 3rd (last) child by the time I'm in my early 30's. I'll be back to get my Master's afterwards.
You have it all planned out. Bless your heart.

Old 06-07-2023, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Op you sound VERY sheltered and young.
So if someone isn't interested in copying the modern dating lifestyle and believes in life term commitment from a very early age, they're sheltered?

Old 06-07-2023, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
You have it all planned out. Bless your heart.
Thank you. I want to have a family right in my best years. Personally it doesn't make sense waiting till we're 30 to have kids. It gets harder by then. I've always known we have a biological clock. Furthering my education can wait and there is no age for that. Getting pregnant and having kids can't.

Old 06-07-2023, 12:04 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
You sound young and naive because you appear to have very little life experience. You're making a lot of assumptions about your future that frankly sound like a fairy tale. You assume you will be able to conceive easily and exactly when you want, that your children will all be healthy and not need you very much, that your husband will always be employed and able to support you, and that you will be able to breeze through a masters program (that your husband will be able to afford) while having three young kids at home.

As I said, "bless your heart."

May I suggest you don't assume so much, and be ready for things to not work out according to plan.

Old 06-07-2023, 12:06 PM

639 posts, read 378,714 times
Quote:
So if someone isn't interested in copying the modern dating lifestyle and believes in life term commitment from a very early age, they're sheltered?
I wouldn't say sheltered. I'd say naïve. To think in black and white terms, and then think we can just plan our lives and script them based on our values and desires. Yeah, that's pretty much the definition of naive. That's the nice way to put it.

I used to think more along those lines, then I grew up and life hit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships