Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2023, 05:19 PM

22,563 posts, read 47,614,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbeagles View Post
What are you talking about? She could have had her first kid at the age of 16 (for example), and he would be 21 years old today. She is 37 years old now. Do the math.
Wrong math.
A typical 12 year old is in 7th grade.
High school starts in 9th grade.
They are not in the same building in my area (jr high and sr high). Not even on the same bus.

So it begs the question how the older kids know about the OP's sex life at all... who told them the details?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2023, 05:34 PM

728 posts, read 463,804 times
I didn’t see that her son was 12 years old, so I just now checked her original post and found it there. However, in my area 8th grade is in the same building with the rest of high school. I thought her son was in the eighth grade, sorry. Also, in our area, the junior high and high school buildings are connected. So the kids from both buildings can see each other and do take the same bus.

Old 12-17-2023, 06:06 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,925,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
So it begs the question how the older kids know about the OP's sex life at all... who told them the details?
Very good question.

Old 12-17-2023, 06:20 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargamnagda View Post
You are absolutely right.

I have been separated and practically divorced.

And my current boyfriend has come to drop off / pick up my kid to school many times and people know about us.
"People"? What people? People who already knew you before this relationship? Or strangers? Presumably friends and relatives wouldn't gossip about you behind your back. And how would anyone know his age exactly, anyway? Or yours, unless they already knew you well? For all "people" know, he's in his late 20's, and you're in your early-to-mid 30's, a possible age difference of about 5-6 years. Heck even with a 10-11-year age difference, it's not that big a deal. A woman going with someone 10 years younger is not a "cougar". That's not what a "cougar" is.

This whole story doesn't make sense.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 12-17-2023 at 06:33 PM..

Old 12-17-2023, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargamnagda View Post
The high school bullies just asked if the guy who comes along with me to drop my son off is his dad , and when my son said no , they just started bullying him.
Why do both of you go to drop your son off? Does it require two to accomplish this task? In your earlier post, you said "he" was dropping off your son. You didn't say "we".

Old 12-17-2023, 06:26 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,925,188 times
This story has more holes than Swiss cheese.

Old 12-17-2023, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbeagles View Post
I didn’t see that her son was 12 years old, so I just now checked her original post and found it there. However, in my area 8th grade is in the same building with the rest of high school. I thought her son was in the eighth grade, sorry. Also, in our area, the junior high and high school buildings are connected. So the kids from both buildings can see each other and do take the same bus.
But the OP's kid isn't taking the bus. So, still, how would HS kids know who some random middle-school kid's mom is dating? And how would they know the mom's age and her bf's age? IDK about the OP, but I've known a number of mid-to-late 30's women who got mistaken for college students at that age.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 12-17-2023 at 06:35 PM..

Old 12-17-2023, 06:31 PM

22,563 posts, read 47,614,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
But the OP's kid isn't taking the bus. So, still, how would HS kids know who some random middle-school kid's mom is dating?
Not just dating!

As per the OP:
The other day some High school bullies from my son's school bullied my son by **** shaming me. My 12 year old son was scarred and I was shocked when he told me what all he had heard from the High school kids.
I feel no one has the right to point out whom I date or am sexually active with as long as I am not breaking the law.

soooo.....
How do these high school kids know she is sleeping around (while still married to boot)???
Who told them she is sexually active?

Old 12-17-2023, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Not just dating!

As per the OP:
The other day some High school bullies from my son's school bullied my son by **** shaming me. My 12 year old son was scarred and I was shocked when he told me what all he had heard from the High school kids.
I feel no one has the right to point out whom I date or am sexually active with as long as I am not breaking the law.

soooo.....
How do these high school kids know she is sleeping around (while still married to boot)???
Who told them she is sexually active?
Hmmm.... Maybe it's a really small town? But still, even if the adults in town "know about" the OP & company, how would kids know?

Old 12-17-2023, 07:10 PM

728 posts, read 463,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Hmmm.... Maybe it's a really small town? But still, even if the adults in town "know about" the OP & company, how would kids know?
I was just going to point that out, don’t any of you live in a small town? Everybody knows everyone else’s business and kids hear everything! That’s nothing new. I know a couple in my small town and the guy is in his twenties and the woman is in her forties.He is single, never been married and no kids. She has been divorced, has adult children, and has grandchildren too. Everyone in town is talking about it, and you can’t tell me the kids don’t eavesdrop on the adults conversations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships