Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2023, 09:41 AM

28 posts, read 13,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masamune View Post
Regardless of whether the age gap between an older woman and younger man should concern anybody else, we know that people will still gossip. In some cultures, the age gap would be seen as a little weird. In other cultures, it would be flat-out scandalous. You know how it is in your culture. The bottom line is that you won't stop the gossiping and probably not the bullying. So the question is, should your son have to endure the bullying? Is the issue that your son needs to toughen up? Or is it that your relationship puts unfair repercussions on your son?
You are absolutely right since I can't stop the gossip.

My priority will be the mental health of my son and additionally I always make sure that he shares whatever is on his mind anytime with me.

I have known kids who continue to get bullied and don's tell their parents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2023, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartM1 View Post
You can't be serious. I couldn't disagree with you more.

If this is not a trolling thread, i believe the key issue here is the shameless lack of discretion on the part of the OP, and its VERY harmful effects on a 12 year old child.

Why is it shamless to have a life ?

Is it wrong that I am finally feeling happy with some one I love and that he respects me in return for who I am.

I just wish that I have a partner and a companion so that my son can experience the family and have a male to bond with at home.

Old 12-21-2023, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
It sounds like the problem is the kids 'bullying" your son. Why do the remarks scare him or has he been physically bullied? If he is actually scared I would take it up with the school administrators.

He is going to have to deal with the "bullying" if it is just verbal. Ignore them or act as though it does not bother him. I would think he would be proud that he has such a hot momma that can attract a younger man.

Explain to your son that you are doing nothing wrong and your personal life is no ones business but your own.

When the older boys saw me and my boyfriend together the boys started lewd comments in front of my son and when my son told me what they said I was concerned about my son. It was all verbal and not physical.

I have explained to my son that I am doing nothing wrong and my personal life is no ones business but my own. Also I have told him that nothing can come between us and that I love him and he will always be my priority as a son.

Also I have told him that he can share anything anytime and never hide if he gets bullied.

As you mentioned I have asked him to Ignore them or act as though it does not bother him. Eventually they will stop if he does not respond.

Old 12-21-2023, 10:40 AM

36,495 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargamnagda View Post
I have tried to get divorce but it turned messy as he does not want to pay the alimony.

I am not at all interested in his money and my only concern is to raise my son in a healthy environment and away from any fights or negativity between me and my ex husband.
It took 1 1/2 years for my divorce to become final.
I have a family member who left her husband at least 7 years ago. Her kids are grown now. He is such a butt that she dosen't want to deal with him or keep fighting him on the divorce so she has just let it go. Out of sight, out of mind kind of thing.

Old 12-21-2023, 11:51 AM

20,757 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
It took 1 1/2 years for my divorce to become final.
I have a family member who left her husband at least 7 years ago. Her kids are grown now. He is such a butt that she dosen't want to deal with him or keep fighting him on the divorce so she has just let it go. Out of sight, out of mind kind of thing.
I was separated for 7 years until we got divorced. Who gives a crap about a piece of paper?

Old 12-21-2023, 12:31 PM

36,495 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I was separated for 7 years until we got divorced. Who gives a crap about a piece of paper?
As far as dating, no one should, but the courts might.

I worry that my niece might get held responsible for her "husbands" debts. Also, her parents are getting on and they have not included her in the will because her "husband" would have claim to any inheritance. Things to think about.

Old 12-21-2023, 12:34 PM

Quote:
As far as dating, no one should, but the courts might.

I worry that my niece might get held responsible for her "husbands" debts. Also, her parents are getting on and they have not included her in the will because her "husband" would have claim to any inheritance. Things to think about.
oh for sure. I mean when it comes to dating someone new. If they are separated - that should be enough.
It can be expensive to get divorced, some stay married for a long time to avoid the costs. I don't see it as cheating if they date someone new.

Old 12-21-2023, 12:39 PM

219 posts, read 114,963 times
I find the responses by the OP, Rabbit and Mares to be reprehensible. This is a very telling thread if it is not all a trolling hoax on the rest of us. My favorite recent posts... / sarc

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit33 View Post
Well, I've got news for you:

1) They're both adults, past the age of discretion;
2) Grownups don't plan their romantic lives according to what their children's classmates might or might not think about them;
3) 12 year olds are hardly innocent little waifs;
4) Kids have to learn to stand up to nasty people. Just wait till the son finds himself in the Army.
There is no age afterwhich Discretion is optional. Discretion is a lifelong virtue -IF, IF you have it. Many people do not.

Quote:
I agree. There is nothing wrong with dating. It does seem weird that the OP has been separated 7 years and counting, but IMO, that is long enough to be dating.

Kids get bullied at school for all sorts of stupid things, parent dating, how much money your family has, where you live, who you are related to, body shaming, etc. etc. If it is not one thing, it is something else.

Kids have to toughen up and deal with adversity and nasty remarks from others.
If it is physical bullying or becomes too emotional/psychological issue for them then parents, teachers and administrators need to get involved.
He's 12. He's being harassed by highschool age kids. Should we wait for a physical attack and injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargamnagda View Post
Thanks for the response and sharing your dating experience.

I don't prefer hiding anything from my son , and I prefer that if my son is comfortable around my Boyfriend , they will both gel well with each other.
So the 12 year old and your boyfriend are still only just getting to know each other?

Quote:
It's not that OP is dating or how soon after the previous relationships. It's HOW she's going about it (Decorum, Reserved, Mannerly, Sensitive to children, etc.) and HOW it is affecting a 12 year old.

TLDR for newcomers. BEHOLD the Anything Goes Modern Western Woman and her Enablers!

Old 12-21-2023, 01:06 PM

7,906 posts, read 3,450,203 times
Quote:
Who gives a crap about a piece of paper?
Not commenting on anyone's individual situation but that kind of reasoning could be a contributing factor in why there are so many divorces to begin with. Marriage is a piece of paper.

Old 12-21-2023, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Not commenting on anyone's individual situation but that kind of reasoning could be a contributing factor in why there are so many divorces to begin with. Marriage is a piece of paper.
okay, nice how you turned that around. This is NOT what I meant to say and NOT what I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships