Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2024, 08:05 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,833,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
If I was in that girl's shoes and the OP contacted me after finding my name or contact information that way, I'd be paranoid for years to come!
Yep, creepy is creepy. If a person does those kinds of things what else might they do.
Dont they say women are attractive to assertive men, ones who are man enough to speak to your face, not sneaky, weak, desperate men who must resort to spying and duplicity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2024, 11:00 AM

867 posts, read 721,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
It really depends on how he looks. Attractive men are rarely "creepy". The rules are just not the same. Just the way it is. However if he is attractive just by looking at him , he can find 10 more girls just like her. If he is the more typical man that requires getting to know him , she will think she already knows him enough in a bad way. So either way, pointless.

I have known enough "creepy" good-looking guys to be a bit wary of handsome men.

Old 03-29-2024, 11:05 AM

708 posts, read 757,407 times
Quote:
It really depends on how he looks. Attractive men are rarely "creepy". The rules are just not the same. Just the way it is. However if he is attractive just by looking at him , he can find 10 more girls just like her. If he is the more typical man that requires getting to know him , she will think she already knows him enough in a bad way. So either way, pointless.

Most attractive men will just move on if they missed an opportunity and don't usually have to resort to this type of "move".

Old 03-29-2024, 11:07 AM

22,568 posts, read 47,624,621 times
Quote:
It really depends on how he looks.
No, it does not.
Creepy is creepy.

Old 03-29-2024, 11:09 AM

102,192 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
It really depends on how he looks. Attractive men are rarely "creepy".
Oh, yes, some definitely are. They know they're good-looking, and believe as you said, that the rules don't apply to them, so they'll tend to push the envelope. They'll be inappropriate in some way, thinking they can get away with it. They won't observe the usual good boundaries in some way, and will cross into the "creep" zone. This puts women off, unless they themselves don't have good boundaries, being needy of attention without the ability to spot red flags.

Old 03-29-2024, 11:21 AM

8,303 posts, read 13,437,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
No, it does not.
Creepy is creepy.
You must be someone who looks people in the eye, at least at a certain point to get a feel for them?
As they say, eyes are windows to a person's soul and it is very hard for someone to disguise this.

If they have the shark eyes, a blank stare or uncomfortably intense look, I can sense it very easily and often warrants attention or even a red flag.
There is also a certain body language and energy that they diffuse.

Most guys typically lose it there when they approach a female with any sexual desires pouring out of their eye sockets.
They don't realize it but like a gazelle sensing an approaching predator, aware/cautious women can.

Old 03-29-2024, 12:11 PM

867 posts, read 721,639 times
My father was a Hollywood-handsome man. But he was also a sociopath, and, once you got past his veneer of charm, very creepy.

Old 03-29-2024, 12:13 PM

22,568 posts, read 47,624,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
You must be someone who looks people in the eye, at least at a certain point to get a feel for them?
As they say, eyes are windows to a person's soul and it is very hard for someone to disguise this.

If they have the shark eyes, a blank stare or uncomfortably intense look, I can sense it very easily and often warrants attention or even a red flag.
There is also a certain body language and energy that they diffuse.

Yep.

Eyes and body language say a lot about the person.
And the first impressions, that feeling in your gut, are quite accurate!

Old 03-29-2024, 03:14 PM

3,084 posts, read 5,236,354 times
More precisely perhaps, handsome men are less likely than unattractive men to be cast as creepy given similar behavior.

Old 03-30-2024, 03:41 PM

6,451 posts, read 3,969,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew1e View Post
Hello,
Long story short - today I've travelled by a train after really long time. I was sitting next to a pretty girl but she was working on her laptop with headphones on. I wanted to talk to her but at the same time I didn't want to disturb her - I didn't know how to break the ice without sounding weird. I looked at her laptop few times and I found out her name.

After some time I had to take other seat at different table because it wasn't my seat. Basically we were sitting opposite of each other. Our eyes met few times.

Now I'm just really unsure if I should even write her or forget about that girl and move on.. What's your opinion ?
Yes, forget about her and move on. What are your other options? Stalking her?

If you see her on the train again, and she isn't busy, you might say hi. (And then take the hint if she doesn't seem interested in talking.)

But yes, not bothering someone who is busy and clearly not looking to chat with others is the right course of action (in fact, it's probably best to not assume other people want to talk unless they're obviously telegraphing that they do). As is not dwelling on someone who you saw for a few moments and took a fancy to based only on their looks, and will probably never see again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
If you smiled at her in a sincere way, did she smile back at you?
No? Move on as there is a good chance she was not even "that" into you to begin with!
And even then, she likely smiled back to be polite, because that's "what you do." Many is the time the eyes of I and another total stranger have accidentally met when we're in some public place, and they smile at me because the situation is awkward and uncomfortable and they don't know what else to do and are trying to not be rude, and I smile back because the situation is awkward and uncomfortable and I'll look like a jerk if I don't smile back even if I don't want to because I have no clue who this person is, but I find the whole "interaction" weird and have absolutely no interest in the person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Yep.

Eyes and body language say a lot about the person.
And the first impressions, that feeling in your gut, are quite accurate!
Never mind eyes or body language... their actual actions speak loudly. I don't need a "gut feeling" about a guy if he's being creepy and stalkerish. No matter how good he looks, if he looked at my private laptop over my shoulder, noted my name, and then looked me up and contacted me later... that's creepy AF and I don't need to see his eyes to know it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships