Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 12:08 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times

Advertisements

I hope that you can let go also. I was just telling my boyfriend about this thread. While he does see that your husband could have phrased it better, he didn't see the harm in what he said. Is it that wrong of him to remember your long hair fondly? Also, my boyfriend suspects that your husband has also forgotten the conversation and you will have to requote what he said back to him. My boyfriend says that women seem to way overthink things and I agree with him. I analyze and grind everything into a pulp. Also when I recount my daily adventures to my boyfriend, he is always amazed at all the details that I can remember. His stories are much simpler.

I think that it was it Freud that said "sometimes a banana is just a banana..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 12:18 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
Does anyone else think this was a "statement" about more than a hairstyle?
Today my husband said to me " Why don't you grow you hair out again, you were much sexier with longer hair "
That was 10 years, 30 lbs and 3 kids ago. I have been so mad at him today, it is our 14th anniversary on on the 9th, we have dinner plans but now I might just cancel the babysitter.
No need to throw the baby out with the bath water. Simply tell him that his comment was hurtful to you and that it made you feel that you weren't good enough the way you are today.

Insenstive? Honey I think it's called clueless. Don't assume anything with men, yes it was not a smart comment considering he may not even get any action on his anniversary!

Old 07-07-2008, 12:24 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
So we all agree men are stupid.

A little forgiveness.....

Old 07-07-2008, 12:36 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Quote:
Today my husband said to me " Why don't you grow you hair out again, you were much sexier with longer hair "
That was 10 years, 30 lbs and 3 kids ago. I have been so mad at him today, it is our 14th anniversary on on the 9th, we have dinner plans but now I might just cancel the babysitter.
If you have ever dated a long-haired rock musician you would know that one of THE most erotic feelings on the face of the Earth is having long hair brush against you gently when you are making love. I think your husband was offering a suggestion based upon his preferences. After all, unless you can read minds, this is the only way that he can COMMUNICATE with you about what he would like. I'd be thrilled to death that he took the time and the effort to do this. Now, if you would rather not, that is up to you (it's your hair), but I certainly would not throw my own insecurities about my appearance into the mix here, not when he was just being open and honest and communicative with you. That's a real good way of making him NOT WANT to tell you things in the future, y'know.

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-07-2008, 06:41 AM

2,358 posts, read 5,982,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
So we all agree men are stupid.

A little forgiveness.....
NO - I don't think anybody here actually said 'stupid.' Sometimes SOME men (and I'm sure some women) do not think about how their words might affect somebody. If it happens a lot in a relationship, like in mine, you tend to get used to it and know how to ask for clarification. If it comes out of the blue (which seems to have happened in this case,) it can be pretty shocking. Insensitivity, however, does not equal stupidity.

You're being too sensitive -- ok I'm kidding with that statement, but it seemed to fit here.

Old 07-07-2008, 07:28 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I have never understood what it is with mens obsession with long hair. My daughters Father was like that. I told him I would grow mine as long as he wanted it if he would take care of it for me.
It never occurred to him to consult ME on his hairstyle or whether or not he had facial hair but he seemed to feel he had the right to dictate to me about my hair. That didn't last of course.

I cut my blow shoulder length hair to a bob that was about chin level, I brought the hair home in a zip lock bag. I called him and told him to come through the door with his eyes closed because I had surprise for him. I put the bag of hair in his hands and told him to open his eyes. He was really mad. I got a kick out of it.

I felt the love.

Old 07-07-2008, 07:47 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times
Quote:
Long hair is sexy. It seems that the older a woman gets, the shorter her hair gets. My wife's hair was mid-back. Now it's slightly above shoulder level. She has no problem with this. I have no problem either. After all, people change. I gained 500 lbs. See? Change is good.

For some reason, she had a problem with it. Said I used to "look different." Said she found me sexier when I wasn't making Orca sounds and flopping from room to room in walrus mode. I said "Whatever" and kept eating nachos. I can't help that she won't accept me for who I am. I'm me. She fell in love with ME, right? That's what it's all about.

Love... Baby.

From what I've read, most men find long hair attractive. I've read that it is based on some sort of genetic stuff. Ah..here we go - "marker of genetic strength and overall health" & "an indication of reproductive fitness."

See below article :
Why do men prefer long hair

I just find it freaking hot. But that is the way I'm built to like it. It's genetic, see? If not, it's a great excuse...because long hair is freaking HOT HOT HOT.

I also like small Asian women. This might be because my mom was blessed with a serious amount of Native American genes and is about 5 foot tall. She also had long, mid-back hair when I was growing up.

Interestingly enough, my wife is Asian, 4'11', and had mid-back hair when we met. Coincidence? Maybe. I don't think so, though. I've heard men marry women who are like their mom. I've heard girls marry men who are just like - or directly opposite- what their Dad was like.

I'll let you know in about 15-25 years what my daughter chose...

Old 07-07-2008, 08:58 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
I personnally do not like really short hair on women. My wife's hair is down to her shoulder blades and I like it that way. I have asked her that if she cuts it, do not go above the shoulders, pretty please. She likes my hair short and me clean shaven so thats how I keep myself. I don't feel I am controlling her or she me. It's just how we like each other.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:05 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Believe me, from a man's perspective, it just means that he likes you with long hair. Doesnt mean that youre not sexy enough - men just dont think that way - women do. If my wife says something to me like "Why dont you ________, you were much sexier when you were ___________" I would be thrilled that she's telling me what she finds sexy and would just do it.

I think sometimes women just think too much and try to read into "inner meaning" of what we men say. Unfortunately, most of us men dont possess the mental capacity to give signs/hints etc. What we say NEVER has any other meaning other than what we say. Just take it as such that he likes long hair - THATS ITS.
I Agree

Old 07-07-2008, 09:07 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
I Agree
So, MLV, are you saying you'd have absolutely no problem with this exact sentence? Or do you think so because you’ve never heard it…?

Quote:
" Why don't you grow you hair out again, you were much sexier with longer hair "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships