Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 10:23 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,083,561 times

Advertisements

You throw something out there, and you don't like the responces
Hmffff
The people who disagree are all "meanies".
I see it all the time.
The suck-up people.
the disagree with anything people.
The i want sympathy people.
The I hate everybody people.

The world takes all kinds!

The you haven't read all 5800 posts by me so you don't know, people...lol
to those people I say....when do you have time to be in a relationship, or feed your kids? aybe you could afford your bills if you stopped paying internet and instead got a job?

We are such an enabling society. Most people can easily fix their problems with a little effort. But gosh we love to beat our own drum, don't we? How's that for harsh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 10:26 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
Because people don't want honesty. They want validation.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:35 AM

1,961 posts, read 4,384,252 times
PLus, the truth is really hard to swallow sometimes.

People don't want to believe that their life choices have affected their children.
People don't want to believe that they may be the problem, when they complain that EVERYONE else is dramatic, mean, overly emotional, rude, condescending to them.
People don't want to believe that it is THEM when every social interaction is bad, because everyone else has a suck-y personality.
People don't want to believe that the way they treat others, causes them to react poorly to them.

Of course, there are instances when it IS the other person.

Old 07-15-2008, 12:43 PM

1,882 posts, read 4,618,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Because people don't want honesty. They want validation.
BINGO!!! Very true. My problem is being too honest sometimes. Hey, if ya don't like it......pi$$ off. It's just an opinion.

To better ourselves we need honesty, and less validation.....makes us think. This "wishy-washy" crap doesn't cut it.

Old 07-15-2008, 12:55 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,869,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
Hmffff
I see it all the time.
The suck-up people.

to those people I say....when do you have time to be in a relationship, or feed your kids? aybe you could afford your bills if you stopped paying internet and instead got a job?

We are such an enabling society. Most people can easily fix their problems with a little effort. But gosh we love to beat our own drum, don't we? How's that for harsh?
Well, you'll get no argument from me. I get every inconsiderate moron coming on my threads bringing and enabling harassment. A thread can go peaceful, but then someone comes on and harasses me, which causes me to react badly, and then my thread is closed. I can't stand those people.

Old 07-15-2008, 01:01 PM

1,882 posts, read 4,618,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
Well, you'll get no argument from me. I get every inconsiderate moron coming on my threads bringing and enabling harassment. A thread can go peaceful, but then someone comes on and harasses me, which causes me to react badly, and then my thread is closed. I can't stand those people.
So it is our fault that you "react badly"? Maybe you can't handle the truth or your thin skined. Take the bottle outta your mouth and "suck it up Nancy".

Old 07-15-2008, 01:09 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,308,960 times
Quote:

What true words.

Old 07-15-2008, 01:53 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,440,043 times
Quote:
Hmffff
I see it all the time.
The suck-up people.

Maybe people just need to vent?

Old 07-15-2008, 04:56 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,340,034 times
Yep. We had someone post a thread in the NM forum and she didn't like the answers so she closed it.

Old 07-15-2008, 05:00 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,047,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
I hope you are being facetious
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships