Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 08:03 PM

40,956 posts, read 49,260,682 times

Advertisements

Are you saying if 3 adults in their 40's wanted to form a committed relationship, that should be a criminal act ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2008, 08:59 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,933,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
And who inherits the estate? Do they share social security benefits and retirement benefits? Can you imagine being a widow living on 1/3 of your husband's estate and 1/3 of his pension and 1/3 of his social security? It's hard enough with 100% of those things.

Now, if I had three husbands supporting me, I'd get three times the benefits That could work. I could divorce them all and collect alimony and child support from three men at once. Oh wait, I could just sleep around, have lots of kids and go on Maury to find out who's the daddy and do that too,
LOL, you'd have to fight w/ the other widows for his benefits.

I also agree w/ what Chow said. Many husbands complain about being married. So by having 3 times as many wives, they're asking for thrice the pain. Masochists, I tell ya!

Old 07-21-2008, 06:37 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,653,115 times
Speaking of multiple wives, so why is it okay for men to do this but a woman can't take on multiple husbands? Sounds like a double standard to me. I think women, if we want should be able to take multiple husbands!! LOL

Old 07-21-2008, 07:38 AM

9,904 posts, read 13,910,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
Speaking of multiple wives, so why is it okay for men to do this but a woman can't take on multiple husbands? Sounds like a double standard to me. I think women, if we want should be able to take multiple husbands!! LOL
Would you really want more than one?

Old 07-21-2008, 08:45 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,572,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Would you really want more than one?
No. Then they'd each have a live in golf partner and I'd always be alone on weekends when the weather is nice.

I also couldn't imagine sleeping with two men at the same time. But pregnancies would be interesting. We could have a "Who's the daddy" party after the baby was born and read the paternity results

Old 07-21-2008, 08:52 AM

40,956 posts, read 49,260,682 times
Quote:
No. Then they'd each have a live in golf partner and I'd always be alone on weekends when the weather is nice.

I also couldn't imagine sleeping with two men at the same time. But pregnancies would be interesting. We could have a "Who's the daddy" party after the baby was born and read the paternity results
I'd call that Baby Roulette. Everybody gives it a shot & 9 months later we see who's the winner.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:04 AM

2,412 posts, read 7,182,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
As we get older and there are more women then men, what would be wrong with a man taking additional wives if he can afford it and all parties agree?
Anti-polygamy laws have a rational basis that is grounded in two factual observations:
1) that polygamous relationships are inherently discriminatory toward women
2) that a bilateral relationship is the most intimate and powerful relationship in the human experience.

Marriage is the legal recognition and codification of an intimate bilateral relationship; it confers legitimacy and is registered by the state. Our country, via the democratic process, has determined that polygamous relationships should not be granted legal legitimacy or codified for the two reasons listed above above.

Want multiple sex partners? Go ahead, you're free to do so. But the state is not obliged to recognize the legitimacy of, or codify, such relationships. Such relationships may be consensual but they will not be formally sanctioned or registered by the state.

You may believe that you have the right to multiple wives but you cannot ACT upon those beliefs The law makes a distinction between BELIEF and ACTION -- you can believe that the sun requires human sacrifice every spring but you cannot act upon those beliefs.

Think this is all wrong? Write your Member of Congress and try to change the law. Gay rights activists have been rightly fighting for marriage rights because the denial of their marriage rights means that the state does not recognize the legitimacy of their relationships, and the refusal to recognize such bilateral relationships is based solely upon gender and NOT a rational basis. It is inherently, therefore, arbitrary and unreasonable gender discrimination.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:21 AM

13,607 posts, read 21,412,061 times
I don't want multiple wives I just want a harem.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:22 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,572,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I don't want multiple wives I just want a harem.
But can you handle a harem?

Old 07-21-2008, 09:23 AM

13,607 posts, read 21,412,061 times
Quote:
But can you handle a harem?
would like to find out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships