Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 02:54 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,875,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Somebody please enlighten me! Are women called submarines or something in certain circles? Or does it stand for submissive perhaps...?
More like subhumans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 02:56 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,522,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wclac View Post
More like subhumans.
Ouch!!!! What'd we do to deserve that?!

Old 07-24-2008, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Martha View Post

Ouch!!!! What'd we do to deserve that?!
These days, women are getting away with too much such as domestic violence, hitting a man, and lying to the cops making false accusations. And too many are childed, making my dating opportunities very low.

Old 07-24-2008, 03:02 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,050,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I believe that the more you dwell on the negative aspects of women, the less likely you will ever be in a happy relationship with one.
Nice, he brings up a valid point and your response is to shame him. Yeah buddy! women might beat men and get away with it, but you're never getting laid so take that! great response
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
And back on topic, if you ever have a girlfriend that tries to hit you, just run away from her as fast as you can. Don't try to defend yourself, just leave the situation and cut her out of your life. No one needs a girlfriend (or boyfriend) or drama like that in their lives, no matter how hot looking they are. But it's also further proof that no should never rush into having a relationship with someone until they really get to know them. And if they aren't worthy of being platonic friend material, then you sure as hell don't want them for a s/o.
That's true, but it also goes for abused women. It's not always easy to leave. A man can be emotionally attached, waiting for someone to change just as easily as a woman. It's not easy to walk away... and the man might be manipulated to stay just like abused women are

I think it's disgusting that so many people make fun of men who suffer abuse at the hands of a lover... even more disgusting that it's usually other men making fun of them. And anyone who brings it up is likely to be shamed as well as we can see in this thread.

I don't care what wclacs reputation is around here, he wasn't hating on women with this post and his question is valid

Old 07-24-2008, 03:07 PM

Quote:
More like subhumans.
damn dude, I wish I would have read further before making my last post. You really either need to go gay, or learn not to hate women

Old 07-24-2008, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
damn dude, I wish I would have read further before making my last post. You really either need to go gay, or learn not to hate women
I'm not into homosexuality. I try not to hate women, but they bring it on themselves.

Old 07-24-2008, 03:13 PM

I see. Get back to me on that whole "victimization" thing. I hope it works out for you but personally I like to be responsible for my own actions/reactions. It's empowering.

Old 07-24-2008, 03:15 PM

Quote:
I see. Get back to me on that whole "victimization" thing. I hope it works out for you but personally I like to be responsible for my own actions/reactions. It's empowering.
I had a friend back in college who told me of his situation. He has a girlfriend who threw things and physically attacked him. When he striked back, she called the cops. He was arrested, but she wasn't. And I think that's messed up. She started it, and she should have been arrested too.

Old 07-24-2008, 03:20 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,522,476 times
Quote:
These days, women are getting away with too much such as domestic violence, hitting a man, and lying to the cops making false accusations. And too many are childed, making my dating opportunities very low.
You make it sound like that's the norm. Women are usually not like that. Maybe you should stop looking where you are looking to find a woman. Stay away from junkies and crazy chicks.

There are a lot of wonderful well rounded women out there. You just have to look in the right places, you can't look in the sewer and expect to find a treasure.

The best thing you can do is to cultivate your own mind, focus on yourself and become the best person you can be. The rest will follow. Oh and also, I'm really sorry if you were battered by someone you cared about. I've never been through it myself, but I assume it'd be tough.

Old 07-24-2008, 03:37 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,262,086 times
Quote:
I figured you haven't read. Otherwise I'd be disappointed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships