Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 10:51 AM

36,672 posts, read 30,977,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
That's what I plan to do in a few years.

Why wait and why keep whinning about some woman is going to ruin your plans. Im sure many of the CD members would chip in if you cant afford it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 10:52 AM

1,875 posts, read 2,874,623 times
I didn't call you anti-human. Misanthope means people who dislikes most things about the human race!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
Enjoying the show or basing an entire gender on it? Any idiot who goes on those shows is not representative of the entire human race and any idiot who thinks so deserves to be as miserable as you let on.

Ok...my mistake. When you said you went to "college," I thought you meant REAL college, as in an ACADEMIC institution. IMO, "trade school" doesn't qualify.

I find it quite amusing that you call me "anti-human," but you're the misanthrope. You may have looked up the definition, but are not comprehending its meaning. Here it is, in simple terms so you can understand better. misanthrope - definition of misanthrope by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:55 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,248,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
When you said you went to "college," I thought you meant REAL college, as in an ACADEMIC institution.
That would be a scary thought, wouldn't it... I believed all along colleges couldn't have possibly become THAT indiscriminating.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post

Why wait and why keep whinning about some woman is going to ruin your plans. Im sure many of the CD members would chip in if you cant afford it.
Well, if I was with a girl and found out she wanted kids and I don't, she would break up over something that really isn't important. If people do the unthinkable and accidents happen, then I see kids as a punishment. Most people who are young need to realize that having kids is a crime. And too many doctors are so hung on age.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:02 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,148,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I dont know if that is necessarily true. I know as many women that dont want kids as that do. My first was not planned, the second was due to persuasion from my dh. I knew I did'nt want more so I got sterilized. (and I worked when I was married). If you dont want kids dont have any, get snipped, but dont call mothers gold diggers.

Just curious, do you refer to your mother as a gold digger?
You know as many women who don't want kids as do? for real? Then maybe I need to move to Cumberland Cty, TN. It's easy for them to say, but put them in a relationship and things change abruptly.

As for mom? She would tell you she felt enormous pressure to have kids after marriage in the early 60s. For her generation I think she was progressive on this issue, so, no, I wouldn't call her a gold digger.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:06 AM

2,397 posts, read 6,463,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wclac View Post
And I go to a trade school. I know what it MEANS, anti-human!
Quote:
I didn't call you anti-human. Misanthope means people who dislikes most things about the human race!
According to what you wrote above, you gave the impression that you were calling me an anti-human. A misplaced comma will often give a different meaning to a sentence. Maybe you should've listened up in high school, then you'd know that.

Wrong again! Misanthrope does NOT mean someone who dislikes most things about the human race. Didn't you read the definition? Where do you see "most?"

[SIZE=3]mis·an·thrope[/SIZE] (msn-thrp, mz-) also mis·an·thro·pist (ms-nthr-pst, mz-)
n. One who hates or mistrusts humankind

Sweetie, you really should stay away from big words.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:07 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,228,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
His staff gets him the dregs of society to appear on his show.
and they get the dregs of society to watch it too it seems.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:08 AM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,385,196 times
Quote:
Alright, there's one of the two types of women I can't stand the most = gold diggers. I hate gold diggers. I've heard about some men who lived successful lives, but then women came into their lives and the men's lives got all messed up.

From watching movies to reading articles, I've heard a lot of successful men's lives were ruined because of these dogs. When I hear about women being gold diggers, they make me want to resent them as a whole.

How can one identify if their partner is a gold digger or not? Because I have a lot of opportunities ahead of me and I don't want those plans ruined because of a gold digger. Is that all women want in relationships = money?
Although SanAntoQT has responded to my question with some good points, YOU have still not answered my question. Have you had an intimate relationship with a woman who is not a goldigger? I am asking you so that you can reflect on the positives of such a relationship. If so, it will answer your question, because there is a clear contrast between most woman and goldiggers.

If you have not yet had such a relationship, and you can overcome your prejudice and fear of having one, you will need to change your perception of woman as "dogs", "subhumans", and "animals". With no disrespect to your Father, he was wrong in teaching you that you can only get an attractive woman with money. This is not "old school". It is simply a cynical and incorrect approach to life.

PS Put down the remote control and slowly back away from the TV. Life is not a television show!

Old 07-25-2008, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
Although SanAntoQT has responded to my question with some good points, YOU have still not answered my question. Have you had an intimate relationship with a woman who is not a goldigger? I am asking you so that you can reflect on the positives of such a relationship. If so, it will answer your question, because there is a clear contrast between most woman and goldiggers.

If you have not yet had such a relationship, and you can overcome your prejudice and fear of having one, you will need to change your perception of woman as "dogs", "subhumans", and "animals". With no disrespect to your Father, he was wrong in teaching you that you can only get an attractive woman with money. This is not "old school". It is simply a cynical and incorrect approach to life.

PS Put down the remote control and slowly back away from the TV. Life is not a television show!
Well somebody answered that question for you. I was in a casual relationship once, not intimate. I thought she was my age until she brought up and and wanted something I can't stand the most. Then she broke up with me over that. But no, she wasn't a gold digger. I've never approached any girls. I don't take chances to easily.

I could hardly stand my dad sometimes. He wants grandchildren to pass on the name. Screw that! I'm thinking of changing my name to my nickname, but I know he would have a fit. I could hear his mouth now. That's old school.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:22 AM

2,397 posts, read 6,463,441 times
Quote:
Well somebody answered that question for you. I was in a casual relationship once, not intimate. I thought she was my age until she brought up and and wanted something I can't stand the most. Then she broke up with me over that. But no, she wasn't a gold digger. I've never approached any girls. I don't take chances to easily.

A woman in a casual relationship doesn't bring up having kids. Something tells me you were bit more involved than you're willing to admit. She broke your heart. That's the reason you won't approach women. The rejection is too much for you.

You should follow the suggestion of having a vasectomy. This way you can never be "tricked" into becoming a father and you'll save the world from your gene pool.

Quote:
I could hardly stand my dad sometimes. He wants grandchildren to pass on the name. Screw that! I'm thinking of changing my name to my nickname, but I know he would have a fit. I could hear his mouth now. That's old school.
And, so what, if he has a fit? You can't stand him anyway, but, I'm sure you're living in HIS house, eating HIS groceries, using HIS utilities, aren't you, junior?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships