Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 08:52 AM

994 posts, read 1,682,182 times

Advertisements

You bring yourself and maybe a tissue if you have to blow your nose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2018, 07:45 AM

6 posts, read 2,897 times
I't always good to bring some small gift for a first date.
It can be flowers, chocolates or some thing else

Old 09-20-2018, 07:51 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Money.

Old 09-20-2018, 07:58 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
I’ve only ever brought flowers on a first date once with my NKY crush and since that didn't work out, I’m never doing that again for a FIRST date.

Old 09-20-2018, 08:03 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,877,553 times
If it's a first date off of Tinder et al., then just himself, a healthy mix of enthusiasm and caution, and enough money for his share of the date.

If it's a first date when you know each other socially, then a small box of chocolates (12 or less) doesn't hurt. It's inexpensive, less unwieldy than a flower bouquet, and he'll get to try one of them if she decides to open the box.

Old 09-20-2018, 08:23 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,324,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnord View Post
Sigh. I thought this type of thinking was only on television and in the movies. Perhaps I'm alone here.

If someone gave me flowers I'd be pissed because I think flowers are much more beautiful in their natural, living state. Picked flowers die within days. What a waste.

How about just showing up and acting like a real person? Why should you feel obligated to bring any sort of offering? The best gift is if you both hit it off and enjoy spending time together, no?
I think and believe everyone thinks differently and likes different things.

I believe more percentage of women/girls like flowers. Yes, the picked flowers don't last long; but the flowers from the florists can last long with taking good care of by changing water often and adding a little bit of the powder that usually comes with the flowers from flower shop.

I'm married. And I still prefer my husband giving me flowers over jewelries or fancy lingeries. Somebody else may prefer the opposite. Who knows? But the main thing is I'm happy when he treats me with gentleness, kindness and thoughtfulness.

Old 09-20-2018, 08:56 AM

2,949 posts, read 1,355,697 times
I always bring the guy something that he has mentioned in conversation that he likes, i.e., dark chocolate, specialty coffee, a gift card or the like. It's an expression of gratitude.

Old 09-22-2018, 03:21 PM

574 posts, read 377,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pointone4 View Post
The two comments above are not exactly helpful. I have a pretty good sense of humor, and it's great that others do to, but lets please leave the jokes for another post. This topic actually kinda matters to me.

Maybe the most important thing to bring on a first date is a sense of humor and no expectations.

Old 09-22-2018, 06:10 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,887,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I’ve only ever brought flowers on a first date once with my NKY crush and since that didn't work out, I’m never doing that again for a FIRST date.
Same. She was a dancer so I figured she would appreciate some for her performance. Nope. Being considerate is NOT appealing to the vast majority of Women in larger Liberal cities where gender roles are confused by neo Feminists. In fact she was insulted by the gesture and said I was imposing toxic masculinity upon her.

Old 09-22-2018, 06:44 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,563,075 times
Best thing that was ever given to me on a first date was a burned selection of CDs that contained the music that we'd listened to in my date's car to and from the museum and our dinner destination. It was different, thoughtful, and introduced me to music that I still love to this day. It was a also a great first date in general--good company, well-planned and not expensive in the least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships