Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 02:07 PM

128 posts, read 355,077 times

Advertisements

can i just interject here and say i had sex with my husband on the first date. he says i seduced him. lol. its just that...well, when i first met him i knew it was forever. it felt so perfect! i knew what i wanted from him and i wasn't afraid or ashamed to get it. of course, we were careful...but i'm a mature woman who had been married before. i always say you know WHAT you want when you've learned what you DON'T want. lol.

Old 08-14-2008, 02:07 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,047,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
To all the guys out there who only think of one thing on the first date. If you had a teen-age daughter that you loved so much, would you want her to be doing things, she and her boyfriend should not be doing on the first date? I've always felt like the parent of the girl, how would her mother or father feel if I tried something inappropriate with her? If I'm out with a gal for the first date, or even after a while into the relationship, I will treat her in ways that will make me gain the respect of her parents, even if she's a mature woman, and I know the gal I'm seeing right now will tell you the same thing about our first date.
My daughter is only 9 so not technically a teenager yet, but I think by the time she's old enough to be in a bar that she'll be able to make a decision for herself.

You are the type of person who beleives in relationships before sex apparently, and I can sympathize and respect that, but not everyone feels that way guy or girl.

Except for rape, one night stands are not a case of the guy making a girl do something she doesn't want to do. If a girl has sex with a guy on the first date, she wanted to Fing F. Trying to paint the guy as some kind of villain is ridiculous, it takes two to tango.

Old 08-14-2008, 02:09 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Is your name Oprah?

Quote:
Okay, in plain and blunt English, if you had a daughter, how would you want her to be treated on the first date? How would you feel if the boyfriend tried to have sex with her on the first date?

Old 08-14-2008, 02:10 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
To all the guys out there who only think of one thing on the first date. If you had a teen-age daughter that you loved so much, would you want her to be doing things, she and her boyfriend should not be doing on the first date? I've always felt like the parent of the girl, how would her mother or father feel if I tried something inappropriate with her? If I'm out with a gal for the first date, or even after a while into the relationship, I will treat her in ways that will make me gain the respect of her parents, even if she's a mature woman, and I know the gal I'm seeing right now will tell you the same thing about our first date.
Mike, hate to break it to ya, but girls usually don't go for the guys their parents approve of or feel like their parents (even though looking like their father occasionally helps...)!

Old 08-14-2008, 02:11 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Ya da ladies usually go for guys that are into fascism ,heavy metal, and fast cars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Mike, hate to break it to ya, but girls usually don't go for the guys their parents approve of or feel like their parents (even though looking like their father occasionally helps...)!

Old 08-14-2008, 02:13 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,866,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Is your name Oprah?
Answer a question with another question to confuse matters.

No, and I'm not a fan of Oprah either.

Old 08-14-2008, 02:14 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
This thread is supposed to be about the nuts and bolts. We need real ideas that work folks! Not a bunch of moral broo-haha!

I've only had sex on the first date once, and the first date was preceeded by much chatting on the internet.

I like the beer and saying what they want to hear approach, it has promise and has been noted.

The huge amounts of cash suggestion isn't feasible.

OK, get cracking. Let those creative juices flow!
I'm not advocating doing the wild thing on the first date, but if that's your goal then

(1) You gotta make her laugh (with you, not at you);

(2) Invade her space slightly and she how she reacts. Try leaning in and saying something personal, but not too creepy, like "you smell really good" while you're making eye contact. (If she doesn't smell good, it's your chance to run away ). If she doesn't back off, you're on the right track;

(3) Otherwise act familiar with her and comfortable with her--as if you've known her for a long time--help her with her coat or say something like "I've always loved that about you" even though you just met her;

(4) Keep things moving. If things are winding down where you are--suggest another place--coffee, a walk outside, another bar;

(5) Whatever you do, don't scare her or pressure her. Let her be the one to suggest going to your place or hers.

Old 08-14-2008, 02:14 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,866,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowagirl1977 View Post
can i just interject here and say i had sex with my husband on the first date. he says i seduced him. lol. its just that...well, when i first met him i knew it was forever. it felt so perfect! i knew what i wanted from him and i wasn't afraid or ashamed to get it. of course, we were careful...but i'm a mature woman who had been married before. i always say you know WHAT you want when you've learned what you DON'T want. lol.
Consider yourself fortunate, because very few such relationships end up like yours.

Old 08-14-2008, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Ya da ladies usually go for guys that are into fascism ,heavy metal, and fast cars...
You of all people should know... My guess would be that you’re the girl. Or the parts get assigned down the line?

Old 08-14-2008, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Consider yourself fortunate, because very few such relationships end up like yours.
True.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships