Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are Women Just As Shallow As Men When It Comes To Looks?
Yes 40 86.96%
No 6 13.04%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 04:45 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,201,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaDave View Post
Of course! Its feminist propaganda that men are more shallow. How many women will date a guy shorter than them? Almost none! How many men will date a taller women? I don't know but most! I know I would!
Could you look into changing your moniker from BayAreaDave to BrokenRecordDave? You have been given a number of examples in many threads you've started where your hypothesis is incorrect, yet you still whine on about it. Don't highjack this thread with your 'short men' propaganda and insecurity - just go back and read your own posts and threads again as you apparently didn't get the message the first time.

Old 12-12-2013, 04:50 AM

620 posts, read 1,199,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Could you look into changing your moniker from BayAreaDave to BrokenRecordDave? You have been given a number of examples in many threads you've started where your hypothesis is incorrect, yet you still whine on about it. Don't highjack this thread with your 'short men' propaganda and insecurity - just go back and read your own posts and threads again as you apparently didn't get the message the first time.
I would be short....if I lived in the Netherlands lol.

Can you disagree with this post? Is this not shallow? Women also want to wear Prada because its popular. Brand obsessed for no reason. Like rings. Such useless things. A man proclaims his love with a ring lmao. Has anyone ever stopped to think how funny that is? Like what is the point of a ring haha.

Old 12-12-2013, 04:52 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,808,000 times
Quote:
Of course! Its feminist propaganda that men are more shallow. How many women will date a guy shorter than them? Almost none! How many men will date a taller women? I don't know but most! I know I would!
The only people who start these "propaganda" threads on this forum are men.

Quote:

Can you disagree with this post? Is this not shallow? Women also want to wear Prada because its popular. Brand obsessed for no reason. Like rings. Such useless things. A man proclaims his love with a ring lmao. Has anyone ever stopped to think how funny that is? Like what is the point of a ring haha.
And designer suits, spending hundreds a month for video game subscriptions, and souped up cars that men want to drive aren't useless things. Wait, not all men are into that? Gee all women aren't into the stuff you mentioned either. Wow, go figure and entire gender isn't alike!

Old 12-12-2013, 04:57 AM

Quote:

Why do you keep using the word "women" in that your hypothesis applies to an entire gender when it's almost painfully obvious you probably got burned once and are now like a dog and a fire hydrant - peeing on an entire gender for one person's behavior.

I dated a guy who wouldn't eat or drink a thing that wasn't name brand. So, get off the ol gender soapbox.

Old 12-12-2013, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
The only people who start these "propaganda" threads on this forum are men.

And designer suits, spending hundreds a month for video game subscriptions, and souped up cars that men want to drive aren't useless things. Wait, not all men are into that? Gee all women aren't into the stuff you mentioned either. Wow, go figure and entire gender isn't alike!
Fast cars are fun. Souped up cars are a bit extra but a car is a status symbol in society. The ratio of designer anything worn by women to men is like 8 to 1. What is the function of a ring? Don't you think it is a bit weird that a proclamation of "love" is shown by buying a ring? During marriage, rings are bought. This happens to every woman. Its funny to me! The most useless unpractical thing that is barley large enough to fit on a finger. Someone explain the ring phenomenon to me...

Old 12-12-2013, 05:01 AM

Quote:

I dated a guy who wouldn't eat or drink a thing that wasn't name brand. So, get off the ol gender soapbox.
We call these men, "feminized" men.

Old 12-12-2013, 05:05 AM

Quote:
We call these men, "feminized" men.
No, they are just PITAs.

Old 12-12-2013, 05:07 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,666,435 times
If you think the opposite gender is more shallow than yours then you have blinders on. Both genders are just as bad as the other. This is why they deserve each other.

Old 12-12-2013, 05:09 AM

Quote:
No, they are just PITAs.
What do you mean he wouldn't eat or drink anything not brand named? Like if he didn't recognize the brand of water (dasani, aquafina) he wouldn't drink it? Or he would never eat from a mom and pop burger joint? Please tell me this wasn't the case...

Old 12-12-2013, 05:13 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,724,515 times
I've noticed that the reasoning behind men's being less shallow is that some of them will have sex with anyone who says yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships