Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2008, 05:00 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Yeah... I'm particularly thrilled to go home to another night of toothache, too. Looks like the antibiotic isn't gonna help and the dentist I decided to go with (should the pills not work) is not gonna be available till Oct 6. Already had quite a few sleepless nights and I'm cranky... and I'm gonna take it out on somebody here and chew them up and spit them out!
May I give you a list of posters you can target?? Or MIL's??

Old 09-26-2008, 06:02 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,071,214 times
When I was on my way home from the store, I saw this little old lady walking and carrying grocery bags. I turned around to give her a ride. She had to walk almost another 1.5 miles carrying groceries in the heat. She thanked me for the ride.

Old 09-26-2008, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
When I was on my way home from the store, I saw this little old lady walking and carrying grocery bags. I turned around to give her a ride. She had to walk almost another 1.5 miles carrying groceries in the heat. She thanked me for the ride.
That is one of the nicest things I have heard in a long time!

Old 09-26-2008, 07:02 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,545,902 times
Those of you who have read any of my comments know I'll do anything for my wife. Thsi week is no exception. We had planned on a trip to east Tn to visit family and then go to the Smoky Mountains for a few days. We planned this for October when the leaves really begin to change. Well, our schedules didn't work out right so we're in Gatlinburg, Tn this weekend. We've been here since Wednesday! When we got here I told her this trip was for her. Whatever she wanted to do is what we're doing. I just scheduled one thing. We packed a lunch and went up in the Smokies to the main river running through the park and had a nice picnic down by the water. We have been all over Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. For those of you who know about Gatlinburg know how much walking that is! lol We were ready to go home until she heard her favorite painter, Thomas Kinkade, is going to be here Saturday night. We talked to the manager of his gallery here and he is going to get us seats in the VIP section with a "meet and greet" with the painter. She is so far past happy! And making her happy makes me happy!

Old 09-26-2008, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
Those of you who have read any of my comments know I'll do anything for my wife. Thsi week is no exception. We had planned on a trip to east Tn to visit family and then go to the Smoky Mountains for a few days. We planned this for October when the leaves really begin to change. Well, our schedules didn't work out right so we're in Gatlinburg, Tn this weekend. We've been here since Wednesday! When we got here I told her this trip was for her. Whatever she wanted to do is what we're doing. I just scheduled one thing. We packed a lunch and went up in the Smokies to the main river running through the park and had a nice picnic down by the water. We have been all over Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. For those of you who know about Gatlinburg know how much walking that is! lol We were ready to go home until she heard her favorite painter, Thomas Kinkade, is going to be here Saturday night. We talked to the manager of his gallery here and he is going to get us seats in the VIP section with a "meet and greet" with the painter. She is so far past happy! And making her happy makes me happy!
You get hubby of the year!! I know she appreciates your thoughtfulness very much!

Old 09-26-2008, 08:27 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,831,329 times
I really love this thread. So positive. It proves happiness is a choice and attitude! I went swimming at he pool and sat in a chair facing the river and park and enjoyed the warm breeze. I noticed a beautiful bird with a yellow chest sitting on a tree.

Old 09-26-2008, 10:50 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,545,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
You get hubby of the year!! I know she appreciates your thoughtfulness very much!
You know what I tease her about on this trip? For her birthday in August she wanted a new camera. Found a nice digital Kodak at Best Buy. I am SOOOOO glad you don't have to buy film or get these pictures developed. We're both retired but would probably have to get a job just to pay for developing! lol Since we left home Monday she has taken over one THOUSAND pictures! On our second night, we go out on a boat with some family to watch a sunset on the lake. Those were some great pictures! Since we've been here in the mountains, I'm suprised the camera hasn't thrown out the white flag of surrender! lol

Old 09-26-2008, 11:03 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
I love swimming too. I really need to start doing that again. I'm just sensitive to pool stench. lol...also that is so cute how you noticed a yellow bird......I tend to like nature too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
I really love this thread. So positive. It proves happiness is a choice and attitude! I went swimming at he pool and sat in a chair facing the river and park and enjoyed the warm breeze. I noticed a beautiful bird with a yellow chest sitting on a tree.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:27 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post

I say you, kygman, are the best argument I've heard for cloning

Old 09-27-2008, 12:00 AM

431 posts, read 1,310,901 times
Hugged my daughter. That's about it. Got home at 7am, Slept 4-5 hours and had to come back to work for the presidential debates. Then I'll be home again at 7:30am. But luckily I have a 3 day weekend(RARE) to relax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships