Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 05:45 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,661,100 times

Advertisements

And be a great pal....to assure that they never do get back together. Start showing him the time of his life with other women so he will never want to look back her direction.

Hehe. Just a weensie lil thought to protect your hind for forever and ever. ;-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 06:03 PM

288 posts, read 656,928 times
You probably shouldn't have went over there in the first place. You're loyalty should lie with your friend.

In one case, if nothing happened then maybe it's best not to say anything, but in another case...It might make him have a different point of view about her. It might help him move on.

I agree with one of the posters....Take him out, show him a good time!

Old 09-06-2008, 11:48 PM

7,004 posts, read 21,360,389 times
Tap that a$$ boy!!

Old 09-07-2008, 05:52 PM

33 posts, read 96,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Tap that a$$ boy!!
Oh my now that would just solve more problems than it would create!

Old 09-07-2008, 05:59 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,317 posts, read 8,667,793 times
Yeah Knock her boots off....

Old 09-07-2008, 06:19 PM

28 posts, read 69,768 times
She's a piece of crap really for doing that. A big piece of crap and you shouldn't befriend anyone for doing it at all. Have some respect for yourself, now you can do what the others above me say and just wam bam thank you mam and use her for what she's worth but you will be giving her ammo to use later that could destroy any friendship you have with your friend which seems pretty close. Don't chance it and stop talking to her completely.

Old 09-07-2008, 06:46 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,996,866 times
Why do you care? Stay out of it, like any smart guy would do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanstartedthefire View Post
Long story but I'll try and make it as brief as possible. A friend of mine ended his long self destructive relationship months ago. Not as much ended it, it was more like the dying star finally collapsed onto itself. His ex started calling me to "talk" after it happened and I was hesitant but listened because I legitimately felt bad for her. I felt like I was doing something wrong and was uneasy. This accumulated until one night she asked me to come over. I knew I shouldn't have but I did anyway. I suspected she had ulterior reasons and called many friends and family members wondering if I was panicking and had just watched "too much tv". We didn't do anything, but she tried. She made many sexy suggestive comments to me and I ignored them and played dumb until the whole "Well anyway It's getting late I should be going" came up. I have had minimal to no contact with her since. I am now wondering if I should tell my friend. He is still reeling from the relationship and is still somewhat in love with her, but most bridges are burned. I've been silent about it to him for a while, but we are VERY close and have had many heart to hearts (mostly about his feelings for her lately). I am not sure if this goes along the lines of "what he doesn't know won't hurt him" or if I should respect our close (albeit odd) friendship and reveal the truth to him. I've gone back and fourth on this so I suppose the logical thing for me to do is to ask a bunch of strangers online (although with the amount of FL people on here, odds are I know at least one of you...heck I hope one of you isn't the players in the story I mentioned!).

Old 09-07-2008, 06:47 PM

Terrible advice. You should never use anybody. Don't you have feelings of guilt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoowahman View Post
She's a piece of crap really for doing that. A big piece of crap and you shouldn't befriend anyone for doing it at all. Have some respect for yourself, now you can do what the others above me say and just wam bam thank you mam and use her for what she's worth but you will be giving her ammo to use later that could destroy any friendship you have with your friend which seems pretty close. Don't chance it and stop talking to her completely.

Old 09-07-2008, 06:50 PM

What sort of friend rejects another for making a small mistake? That is very lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
I know a guy who just went through this here in Tampa! His friend went to go see his ex a couple months after the breakup - and he and his friend are no longer speaking. He said that he will no longer speak to him because he felt his buddy betrayed him by just placing his presence at his ex-GF's house without calling him first to bounce it off him. On top of that, withheld it from him for whatever amount of short time. A respect and loyalty issue. He says that his friend should have kept his lip zipped and not tattled on himself - because if his ex said his friend was over at her house, he would have not believed her under any circumstance.

My advice, based on the above situation of my friend and because you said nothing happened with her - if you want to not stir matters of the heart, keep silent. Silence is not a lie. If she uses it as a weapon toward him in the future, deny, deny, deny.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:16 PM

123 posts, read 295,754 times
what purpose would it serve to tell him? how would that be beneficial to all involved?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships