Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2018, 01:06 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,574,676 times

Advertisements

I like a woman that's a mixture of traditional & modern, such as my fiancee.

Old 12-02-2018, 01:41 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,803,672 times
I prefer modern, especially one ho doesn't expect me to be the primary bread winner.

Old 12-02-2018, 01:43 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,568,722 times
Op's definition of traditional is a mix of a maid and a sex worker.... Fantasy women rock, they got no flaws

Old 12-02-2018, 01:53 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,091,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I like them barefoot and preggers and completely dependent on me.

Your smart! People need kids so there will be someone working to cover the cost of their Social Security checks when they get old.

Old 12-03-2018, 12:46 PM

1,630 posts, read 2,364,704 times
Modern, hands down.

Makes for a more interesting/eclectic personality.

Old 12-03-2018, 02:05 PM

9,385 posts, read 7,013,385 times
Modern with traditional values... I value an equal partnership from both of us but both focused on the long term well being of our immediate family unit and not individual ideals.

Old 12-03-2018, 02:55 PM

651 posts, read 408,950 times
This is a very categorical post. This reality is that its a continuum with the two options you described being the extremes. With that said, I would prefer to be somewhere on the traditional side of things at the end of the day.

In evolutionary terms, the "traditional" woman is really more of the norm than the so called "modern". Just because the humanity has undergone some recent cultural mega changes does not mean that the genetic groundwork that is basically hardwired can simply be dismissed as irrelevant. Our brains do not evolve as quick as our culture and to think otherwise is probably a mistake.

Old 12-03-2018, 03:59 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,590,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anu2 View Post
I got into a couple of interesting discussions today with women and we're starting to wonder what men these days are REALLY looking for. If you had the choice, which would you marry?

1) "Traditional" Woman: Has your children, stays at home to take care of them, cooks well, keeps the house very clean, wears very feminine clothing and keeps herself made up/hair done, etc, has sex whenever the husband wants, does more listening than talking, keeps her opinions to herself.

2) "Modern" Woman: Has a full-time job, earns approximately half of the household income, if she has kids she goes back to work by the time each child is 2-3 years old, cooks and cleans but expects her husband to do half of the work, is fashionable but usually wears jeans as opposed to dresses, likes sex but she needs her needs met in bed, is very aware of the economy, politics, the world, etc. and always states her mind.

Men--please choose which one you would marry and also mention your age and any other background about yourself.
Age 29

I would normally categorize what I want as someone more traditional, but in the way these options are stated I would chose "modern".

The OP will have to excuse me but I find the way these two types are stated here as baiting into the sort of feminist type view on the traditional woman as a sort of semi-slave or oppression victim rather than a partnership with a mutually beneficial differentiation of roles that complement one-another.

Old 12-03-2018, 10:11 PM

5,065 posts, read 7,522,121 times
Aged 42 from Australia

My wife earns about 60% of the household income, goes back to work within 6 months of having the kids (shes on leave with our 2 month old at the moment), and cant cook at all.

So under the critera modern.

I love cooking and looking after the kids, and was a stay at home dad for 18 months, with our daughter. It was the least stressful 18 months of my life.

Old 12-04-2018, 04:09 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,606,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anu2 View Post
I got into a couple of interesting discussions today with women and we're starting to wonder what men these days are REALLY looking for. If you had the choice, which would you marry?

1) "Traditional" Woman: Has your children, stays at home to take care of them, cooks well, keeps the house very clean, wears very feminine clothing and keeps herself made up/hair done, etc, has sex whenever the husband wants, does more listening than talking, keeps her opinions to herself.

2) "Modern" Woman: Has a full-time job, earns approximately half of the household income, if she has kids she goes back to work by the time each child is 2-3 years old, cooks and cleans but expects her husband to do half of the work, is fashionable but usually wears jeans as opposed to dresses, likes sex but she needs her needs met in bed, is very aware of the economy, politics, the world, etc. and always states her mind.

Men--please choose which one you would marry and also mention your age and any other background about yourself.
Does ANY woman actually do that?

Not that I'm complaining - my wife does it because she wants to, and we both enjoy it, and it happens enough that I'm not complaining.

I guess I never really believed that a notable percentage of women ever really did #1...at least not since the '50s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships