Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 11:11 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,357,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anu2 View Post
I
1) "Traditional" Woman: Has your children, stays at home to take care of them, cooks well, keeps the house very clean, wears very feminine clothing and keeps herself made up/hair done, etc, has sex whenever the husband wants, does more listening than talking, keeps her opinions to herself.

2) "Modern" Woman: Has a full-time job, earns approximately half of the household income, if she has kids she goes back to work by the time each child is 2-3 years old, cooks and cleans but expects her husband to do half of the work, is fashionable but usually wears jeans as opposed to dresses, likes sex but she needs her needs met in bed, is very aware of the economy, politics, the world, etc. and always states her mind.
You know, (2) is actually the norm. The college educated woman who has some backbone is in demand. If they look and act like Jaime Lee Curtis, not as much.

Old 09-17-2008, 11:45 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,695,475 times
"Modern" Woman, PLEASE!!! any day of the week. My girlfriend is a modern woman and i couldn't find any other single modern women out there. I couldn't stand a traditional.

A modern woman also has morals, just like the traditional. It's just they are more aggressive towards finding their mate

Old 09-18-2008, 12:00 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
i am reading the posts. i am seeing those on the Modern woman" track are all dressed up with no place to go. you got it all figured out, but guys dont wana be part of your program. slavery was banned in 1862. he is not property. 42 million divorces since 1975, 75% filed by women. is he backing away? ladies is this working? how?

Old 09-18-2008, 12:04 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,178,585 times
Neither.........

I would like a non-americanized foreign gal.

Quote:
I got into a couple of interesting discussions today with women and we're starting to wonder what men these days are REALLY looking for. If you had the choice, which would you marry?

1) "Traditional" Woman: Has your children, stays at home to take care of them, cooks well, keeps the house very clean, wears very feminine clothing and keeps herself made up/hair done, etc, has sex whenever the husband wants, does more listening than talking, keeps her opinions to herself.

2) "Modern" Woman: Has a full-time job, earns approximately half of the household income, if she has kids she goes back to work by the time each child is 2-3 years old, cooks and cleans but expects her husband to do half of the work, is fashionable but usually wears jeans as opposed to dresses, likes sex but she needs her needs met in bed, is very aware of the economy, politics, the world, etc. and always states her mind.

Men--please choose which one you would marry and also mention your age and any other background about yourself.

Old 09-18-2008, 12:07 AM

4,500 posts, read 2,843,119 times
I am a traditional woman ,but I prefer to be a modern woman.
Traditional woman is very emotional in her life , she lives for her husband and her children and do all her effort to make them very successful.
modern woman is so practical and try to be successful .I like this type better.

Last edited by Mona Mee; 09-18-2008 at 12:21 AM..

Old 09-19-2008, 08:14 AM

523 posts, read 2,904,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
It may interest you to know that women actually do get married who don't have children. In fact 17 percent of the adult female population is childfree according to the latest statistics. It distresses me to think that when you speak in terms of a WIFE that you cannot separate that from the act of reproduction.

20yrsinBranson
Ha! It's funny that you equate me with someone who can't separate wife from reproduction. I don't want kids and have never wanted kids and I'm tired of explaining to people why I feel that way. I decided to leave that issue out of this poll, though. Most people want kids so I figured I would make the two options easier. I should have said, "IF there are kids, the woman would go back to work."

Old 09-19-2008, 08:38 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
Neither.........

I would like a non-americanized foreign gal.
Thats what I married. I like her eastern European values and mindset.

She's very well educated (was a college professor in Russia) in her 20s.
She loves the theater (dance, opera, classical music)
She loves art.
She works two jobs
She loves working and decorating the home
She cooks (although not well and its always nasty pelmini or borscht)
She's fashionable
She gives me pedicures
She has no hangups in bed
And the best part - her parents still live in Moscow so I dont have to see them.

Old 09-19-2008, 08:44 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,110,658 times
Quote:
Has your children, stays at home to take care of them, cooks , keeps the house clean, cooks and cleans but expects her husband to share some of the work, has sex whenever the husband wants likes sex but she needs her needs met in bed, is very aware of the economy, politics, the world, etc. and always states her mind. Wears whatever the hell she wants.
This fits me. A happy combination of both. Why does a woman have to be one way or another?

Old 09-19-2008, 12:01 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Thats what I married. I like her eastern European values and mindset.

She's very well educated (was a college professor in Russia) in her 20s.
She loves the theater (dance, opera, classical music)
She loves art.
She works two jobs
She loves working and decorating the home
She cooks (although not well and its always nasty pelmini or borscht)
She's fashionable
She gives me pedicures
She has no hangups in bed
And the best part - her parents still live in Moscow so I dont have to see them.
Eeeh, you can't win them all, DaBeez. Russia is not known for its cuisine... Having in-laws across the ocean and not being able to talk with them is priceless, though! I know how well my parents were getting along with my exes - happily smiling at each other... can't beat it! It's like communicating with a baby - innocent and sweet!

Old 09-19-2008, 12:24 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,917,912 times
I'll take both 1 and 2. She should have a full-time job making money during the day and then a full-time job making sex at night.

OK, if I can't have both then a combination of the 2. I don't know how I'd want it split, but definitely more slanted to option #2.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships