Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 06:45 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,175,783 times

Advertisements

Did I tell you guys I have many leather bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany?? I have a VERY difficult time finding anyone who measures up to my capabilities and intelligence….oh woe is me…..what shall I do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2008, 07:16 AM

918 posts, read 1,645,362 times
I think my big strong IQ has made her weak wimpy IQ scared, so she disappeared.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfish34ren View Post
A big and strong IQ? Love it when you speak nerd rrrrrrrrrr
lol

Old 12-03-2008, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
A big and strong IQ? Love it when you speak nerd rrrrrrrrrr
lol
lol.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:56 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,248,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djfish34ren View Post
LOL, the day starts well!

Old 12-03-2008, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraaz View Post
lol, the day starts well!:d:d:d
:d

Old 12-03-2008, 10:54 AM

9,724 posts, read 21,264,711 times
She-Was,
In reading many of your posts I almost get the feeling that you consider genius to be an affliction. Do you? Would you prefer to be less intelligent? If you had children, would you prefer that they were of average intelligence? Just curious.

My late wife, the one with a similar IQ to yours, felt blessed to have high intelligence. I think her greatest fear was losing it in her old age. ("If ever I forget my birth date, please leave a roller skate at the top of the stairs for me.")

Hours after a blood vessel burst in her amazing brain, while she was on life support but before all the test results were available, her doctor told me that if she lived she'd never be the same. My first question was, "What's that mean? Will she not be even as smart as I am?" (I wasn't sure she'd want to live, even with "normal" intelligence.)

I think most people wish they were smarter. I know I do. So how about you?

One more question just popped into my little brain:

I think you've suggested that you have a hard time relating with/understanding "normal" people. Correct? Yet I believe you mentioned that high IQ also brings with it a higher level of sensitivity. (Forgive me; I'm not going back in search of quotes.)

The reason I ask is because my late wife was very sensitive to others. She captured "best friends" like honey attracts bears. I was somewhat startled by the number of "casual acquaintances" who told me, after her death, that they considered her their best friend. She had that effect on people. She had a seemingly unlimited capacity for loving those closest to her, but she also cared for everyone she met, and she could sense what others felt -- like she could step into their shoes and feel their emotions.

So which is it for you? Are you sensitive and empathetic to "normal" folks? Do you have a gift for understanding others' feelings, or do you find it difficult?

Last edited by WyoNewk; 12-03-2008 at 11:02 AM..

Old 12-03-2008, 10:59 AM

I have found that a huge part of being intelligent is allowing yourself to relate to others on a personal level and not necessarily an intellectual level, sometimes that can be much more important. But you know what they say, those with high IQ's tend not to have that same luxury regarding common sense lol.

Just sayin'...........

Old 12-03-2008, 11:01 AM

61,286 posts, read 87,533,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
I have found that a huge part of being intelligent is allowing yourself to relate to others on a personal level and not necessarily an intellectual level, sometimes that can be much more important. But you know what they say, those with high IQ's tend not to have the same luxury regarding common sense lol.

Just sayin'...........
true wisdom - meekness
what is sad is people get on CDF and blindly attack others without a clue,you dont know me at all.
true geniuses, several of whom i have known, do not do this.
nor do they practice rudeness, a weak mans imitation of courage.
self proclaimed geniuses, do this.
its not enough to be a genius and let it go at that, you have to be a genius at something--- certainly not rudeness or hurting others, qualities which certainly do not attract others. some of the meekest people i have ever know were genius. and they were not very popular with the girls. mr right is just plain boring, mr wrong is often exciting and fun.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 12-03-2008 at 11:13 AM..

Old 12-03-2008, 11:27 AM

104 posts, read 136,623 times
TO ALL:

Ok, guys, looks like it is time to migrate to a thread where we can discuss the broader issue of intelligence.

So, I have moved! I will be responding to your questions, debates, conversations and insults on THIS thread instead:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/commu...ml#post6406979

Apparently we are busted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
I fail to see the whole purpose of this conversation. Where are we going with this?

Remember the OP's question?
Anyone here that is real bright, well informed and successful have a hard time finding an equal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships