Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2008, 10:01 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,478,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Maybe you could take a few courses at local community college...there may be some "hot chicks" in Estonia!
Eh hem...just between you & me...where's Estonia?

Old 10-05-2008, 10:02 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,259,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
Was wondering the same thing

Old 10-05-2008, 10:03 PM

24 posts, read 75,030 times
Quote:
In estonia we are be near latvia and country of russia federation. My city tallinn near sea and finland.

Old 10-05-2008, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donica2k View Post
In estonia we are be near latvia and country of russia federation. My city tallinn near sea and finland.
I thought you were in Eastern Europe, but was not quite sure. Thank you for clarifying!

Old 10-05-2008, 10:08 PM

Cool,I've got some Polish in my family...that's about as close to Russia as I get Hey but I helped a friend of mine with a girl he married from Slovakia!
(Again I'm not sure the relation of these places,I'm just throwing out any experiences with Europe I know)

Old 10-05-2008, 10:35 PM

Op,I think someone likes nerds...

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...-nerd-man.html

Old 10-05-2008, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Op,I think someone likes nerds...

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...-nerd-man.html
Ooooh, maybe there is love in the air on CD...

Old 10-06-2008, 07:41 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,167,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
How can YOU help? I see you posted your picture. Great advertising, by the way. I've done a helluva lot living more than you have and find that my profiling/prejudging is about 90% right. It's called street smarts. We need to be efficient.

First, thanks for the slight on "previous rejection" and what that could mean. Psych major at ASU? But low GPA, right? Meaning you don't look that smart...2.7 at best, right? A lot of guys "degeek" over a 10-year period from 17 to 27. The acne is all gone, we get taller, we have to go into the working world and support ourselves, can get in front of a group of clients/people and speak...all that stuff. That was MY story...and biologically, guys grow into themselves later. So thanks for the "below the belt" hit.

Somewhere along the line, I've tangled with you and a couple of other people (my repulsion over strippers and pierced labia got the hand-on-the-hip "how dare you?" from some and let me know whose wavelength I'm not on).

I've got you somewhat pegged, or so I think. You're in that league that have to have to whole male population attracted to you. I've known 2 other women over a dozen or so years who become downright acid if everybody doesn't adulate them, even if they're not interested. In fact, you indicate you suggest/recommend things to your husband...$hit under a different name still smells the same...it's called nagging and it's obvious you have control tendencies. Well, lola, let's see how long your marriage holds up.

Back to hot chicks: I've seen a lot of guys invest in trying to pick one up, after work at the "fern bar" (brass railing chain-operated restaurant's watering holes) and they are jubilant when they get their number. This really hot chick then turns out to be a user, or a door knob, or both. These guys, some from college/some from the work world, then repeat the pattern all over again. Some grow up and look for attractive but more highly functioning women. I think it's more about the conquest, because the person being chased doesn't have anything else to offer beyond their external veneer. There is enough written in the field of psychology that, in today's society, people with a very high attractiveness factor aren't as developed in intelligence and good personality traits...with a few exceptions here and there.

Case in point: How Howard K. Stern (ultra-nerdy but rich Jewish lawyer) was such a sycophant to Anna Nicole Smith....and I know this is an EXTREME example...but she was HOT, in that very cheap way...but she knew that's ALL she had going for her, so it must have been depressing. Also, the still-nerdy-at-40 Stern proclaimed "proud papa" on the Larry King Show. Yeah, right. I don't think she let him "in there," unless she was wasted. Same with OJ...he spun out of control when he lost the attributes that kept his trophy wife in check...this week, he was found guilty for the LV crimes (that was awesome...throw away the key).

So, yeah Lola, you are HOT in looks, but probably not much else. And I don't take advice or need help from insignificant 20-somethings with "cowboy hat + cowboy boots + a bumpersticker." I hang with people my age and respect their advice considerably more.
Woah there killer....didn't read the whole book you wrote there....my time is more valuable than that but I did get the general gist.....you have absolutely no idea.....you think you know but you don't....obviously. I have nothing to prove to you at all....You can't upset me or get me angry because i'm confident in who I am.......how imature and just plain cold are you to attack my marriage??? And you make yourself seem so "above it all" lol.....well I guess I should thank you for proving my point apparently some don't have looks or personality . I feel for you....I really do.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:51 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,085,744 times
Quote:
I was painfully reminded of something as I was responding to an ad I saw for a dating site,where of course there was a picture of a hot chick advertising the site implying that's what you were going to find there...

So I took the test and once again,as many years ago I got like 3 matches and (no offense) they were no where near what was on the front page!
As a matter of fact these were the same types I have always attracted for the most part. I can't figure it out,I'm not bad looking. As a matter of fact I'm kinda good looking...for a 37 yr old now Although even when I was younger I still got the same kind of results.

My theory,from watching the guys who do attract hot chicks, is that I am 1)Not cool or trendy and 2) Not rich(which is a fallback if you're not young and trendy)

So my basic question is can a boring,kind of quirky guy ever get a 'hot chick'?
As a guy who married the head cheerleader my advice is... DON'T!

Lets do this like they do in the beginning of supernatural....

THEN...

She still is very eye appealing. She gets a $85 dye job every two weeks, but that's just the touch up on the roots. She works out 4 times a week. She can easily, happily spend 2-3 hours a night in front of a mirror. She seems to enjoy sex, as long as its not sweaty or messes up her hair! She complained to her former BFF that sex with me was great but took too long, she much prefers her new boyfriend because it's over quick. Except now he's the brunt of much complaining behind his back but doesn't know it. She secretly hates everybody and talks about everybody as soon as they're out of earshot. She is sickenly sweet to everyones face and tells them she loves them a lot. AND BELIEVE IT OR NOT I MOURNED THE LOSS OF THIS! My friends would say "well, you loved her so we didn't say anything."

NOW..\

I'm happily in an age catagory where they outnumber us 10-1, that is, if I stayed dating solely in my age catagory! I'm relaxed and of the opinion if the right one for me is out there she'll emerge as the front runner sorta like secrateriate took off. But in the meantime there are thousands of contestants! And as Paul Newman said in the color of money "Heyy...I'm back!

Old 10-06-2008, 08:56 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,384,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
Woah there killer....didn't read the whole book you wrote there....my time is more valuable than that but I did get the general gist.....you have absolutely no idea.....you think you know but you don't....obviously. I have nothing to prove to you at all....You can't upset me or get me angry because i'm confident in who I am.......how imature and just plain cold are you to attack my marriage??? And you make yourself seem so "above it all" lol.....well I guess I should thank you for proving my point apparently some don't have looks or personality . I feel for you....I really do.
You must have read it. You read about your marriage, you know, the one in which you nag your husband. Also, is your confidence only derived from your looks. Think hard: is that your only asset? Enjoy the attention -- I guarantee you it won't last.

I think you began this by making assumptions about me and the other men on the site who viewed this topic a certain way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.