Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2014, 06:13 AM

1 posts, read 5,149 times

Advertisements

My ex wife left me three years ago. I occasionally still think of her such as tonight and this is why I found this post. We do not have any children together so we do not keep contact. She moved a coworker into our old bedroom which I felt bad about about 6 months after she left me. A mutual friend told me she now drinks a lot and had gained a lot of weight.
I did feel bad to hear that. Love just doesn't magically disappear instantly so it takes time. I guess instead of hoping for bad karma for her I wish for good karma for me.
Lets be honest when it's a bad breakup one tends to always blame the other person because they are hurt but if one also focuses on ones faults then they can reach happiness. I myself will admit that I needed to give her more attention, and let her know she was appreciated.
I have learned and grown from this and have become a better man and I wish her the best. Karma helps those that help themselves.

Old 10-20-2014, 10:14 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,105,447 times
My ex married and is still married to the person he cheated on me with. I don't know if he's happy. For a long time I was focused on him getting what he deserved and so bitter that he ruined my life (for a time) and just moved on to be happy with someone else while I was left alone and devastated. I don't really believe in karma anymore. Why did I ever do that I deserved to have that happen to me? I have a friend who passed from cancer a few weeks ago who was one of the nicest and most genuine people I've ever known. People don't always get what is fair or what they deserve whether they deserve good or bad.

Old 10-20-2014, 10:23 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,202,675 times
I would never ever have the heart to think this way . I'd hate on people for the moment, but quickly forget about them.

As a devoted Hindu, let me tell you how Karma works in context. It states that if you do the wrong thing, you will pay for it. It operates at an individual level.

Don't think of karma which others deserve, that's basically overstepping the bounds.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 10-20-2014 at 10:33 AM..

Old 10-20-2014, 10:45 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,303,481 times
My ex cheated on me with a regular customer at her job. She got pregnant by him and I heard he dumped her once she told him. Karma is something right?

Old 10-20-2014, 11:01 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,009,775 times
Well I was not going around my ex was. he made a woman pregnant while we were married. And he remarried another woman with 7 kids from 3 different marriages. I have no clue if karma do something or not because I am not conscious about him or what happened to him what ever happens if karma did something does not matter to me. But I live much happier healthier than I was with him,

Old 10-20-2014, 12:19 PM

31,013 posts, read 22,056,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeurich View Post
Well I was not going around my ex was. he made a woman pregnant while we were married. And he remarried another woman with 7 kids from 3 different marriages. I have no clue if karma do something or not because I am not conscious about him or what happened to him what ever happens if karma did something does not matter to me. But I live much happier healthier than I was with him,
"That begs the question "What did he see in you?"
The wish for Karma to be true is just a human response for the need of vengence.

"But I live much happier healthier than I was with him"
By comparison, I'm sure he is living a stress free life

Old 10-20-2014, 01:19 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,488,320 times
Seven kids from three different marriages? Man that's a lot of child support!

Old 10-24-2014, 11:05 AM

39,216 posts, read 27,586,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
I would love to indulge is stories of how people got karmic revenge on their cheating spouse or boyfriend/girlfriend. I am going through a divorce- my husband left me to move in with his mistress and while I feel I have worked hard to stay upbeat and strong there are still days here and there I get very depressed.

I know things are this way for a reason, and when I am a divorcee I'll have a new lease on life to begin again with my eyes open and stop accepting lies and cheating as a part of a successful marriage. Even knowing that there are still 'gray days'.

So please take a few minutes to tell me of the inevitable event that happened to you or a friend, that brought a smile to your face and great satisfaction to your soul after bad karma reared it's ugly head!
My sister has been repeatedly cheated on by her very ugly ex husband. They finally divorced and he immediately got on facebook bashing my sister. In his eyes, my sister is this ugly, unattractive, prudish, lying, manipulative, abusive, controlling and jealous *****. He is the ultimate victim. I don't hate many people, but I really do hate him. He is a great father, I will give him that, other than that, I think he is really a piece of dirt on the floor.

My sister went on several dates after the divorce. Not all of them are good. She told me she didn't want to get in another relationship so soon because she had such low self esteem. I gave her a total make over and bought her a lot of new cloth. I set her up with couple of my guy friends and I even talked to my ex boyfriend and ask him if he can set my sister up with one of his coworkers.

She is now dating my ex's coworker!! A very nice Jewish software engineer. He is cute, nice, and a very good person. He is also financially well off. He loves my two nephews!!!!!! Both my brothers and I are crazy about him. I really do hope he can be my new brother in law someday. Wishful thinking, but I can always dream.

My sister is finally happy for once! I would say divorce is one of the best thing has ever happened to her. I really do thank my ex brother in law, if he never filed for divorce, my sister would never believe how attractive she really is. She is a happy woman for once, and I just wish her happiness can last a life time!!

Old 10-25-2014, 10:48 AM

2,948 posts, read 7,018,708 times
I have done nothing to my ex since he took off with his mistress 2 yrs ago.

He's done everything in his power to make my life hell via the court system. We're divorced, but he won't leave well enough alone and we still have court dates pending.

I am rebuilding my life. My self esteem is pretty low, I am busy being a parent and holding down a career. I live 600+ miles away from him and even that doesn't seem like it is enough. My contact with him is minimal.

However, it appears his life is never ending drama. There is always a problem. Always issues. The world is always out against him and he is, of course, the victim. Some he's brought onto himself. Some he did not.

More power to him. Good riddance. My life is otherwise pretty quiet.

Old 10-25-2014, 02:40 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,357,367 times
Wishing bad karma on others that did you wrong is like wallowing in self-pity. Just move on...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships