Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2011, 09:44 PM

811 posts, read 550,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabirta View Post
another true story that i would like to share is about a guys who did abused me when i was 18 years old, a years after they find him dead alone in his house. he was coming back from a disco and had a heart attack. karma is real but we should not wished it to people. let the nature revenge you.
So you being abused at 18, that must be this "karma" nonsense you speak of too because obviously if karma was real and the "what goes around comes around" you must have had it coming right?

And so, if an elderly widow were to have a heart attack, that's karma too huh...

I lvoe how karma-believers always toss out the bad thing that happened to them out the wwindow, but when a bad happens to who did it to them its "karma" all of a sudden.

No,karma is not real. People live, people die, some are even killed, and not everyone has a perfect life. No nature involved.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:21 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,845,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
No,karma is not real. People live, people die, some are even killed, and not everyone has a perfect life. No nature involved.
One of my favorite quotes of all time that I've posted on this forum several times:

"People don't get what they deserve, they get what they get and there's nothing any of us can do about it." - Dr. Gregory House

Old 11-10-2011, 10:05 AM

3 posts, read 19,506 times
I was with someone for 1-1/2 yrs. Thought things were wonderful, was falling in love with him. Then he gives me the whole "I need space" BS and we break up. Not 3 weeks later he has a new girlfriend who is 75% tattooed and a trashy, Harley-riding ho, divorced twice with 3 kids living in the ghetto. Total opposite of me...and him for that matter. But he seemed to be really into her....and of course I was jealous of their relationship, not her!! But I guess she turned out to be an angry drunk, jealous, possessive, controlling, demanding *****, cuz he broke up with her (he said like 5 times, but she's also psycho) and is now calling me again!!! I talk to him but I have this permanent grin on my face every time he calls or texts and thinking, karma...told ya so!!!

Old 11-10-2011, 10:55 AM

31,016 posts, read 22,056,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
One of my favorite quotes of all time that I've posted on this forum several times:

"People don't get what they deserve, they get what they get and there's nothing any of us can do about it." - Dr. Gregory House
Good quote.

Karma, Hate to say it but there’s no such thing. If there was such a thing almost everyone would be crashing their car or have some other tragedy happening in their life because they left someone.

I have a couple of friends that were married for years and have a daughter together. They both wish each other ill will and blame the other for their break up. Both had affairs during the end and both blame the other for the split. From the outside, neither one of them is to blame, they just weren’t compatible in the first place.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:57 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,245,191 times
I think **** just happens. People break up. Why be bitter over it? Damn, life's too short to be sitting around waiting for someone to get their comeuppance.

Quit being a victim. That's what I say. Just be nice to one another. Karma isn't about people getting payback in kind... it's a way of the universe finding balance.

There IS karma... it's just not so black and white as this thread implies.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:30 AM

5,356 posts, read 18,540,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Damn, life's too short to be sitting around waiting for someone to get their comeuppance.

I agree that life is too short to wait around, but it certainly feels good when they end up getting what they deserve. I believe people's actions will eventually catch up to them. You may never know about it, but it will happen.

My story deals with a former supervisor who was a total "B." She would kiss up to higher ups and walk on everyone lower, taking credit for work they had done. Common thoughts were, who did she sleep with to get to where she was. I took it for a year before quitting.

Karma came about 3 years later. Her husband divorced her saying he didn't like her anymore and he ended up getting support and half her retirement. I ended up in a better job and can think she'll always be alone because of the "B" that she is. Actually, I never think about it except for threads like this. Just not worth my time.

Old 11-10-2011, 04:16 PM

1,786 posts, read 2,876,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
I think **** just happens. People break up. Why be bitter over it? Damn, life's too short to be sitting around waiting for someone to get their comeuppance.

Quit being a victim. That's what I say. Just be nice to one another. Karma isn't about people getting payback in kind... it's a way of the universe finding balance.

So very true... Karma is NOT black and white... was hard to explain in a few sentences. Nothing is obvious... if you don't believe in Karma.. how about just treating others the way you would like to be treated..

I don't spend my time worry about unfair things either and it is not for me to decide or to judge others. I have self esteem and good friends to help me through bad times... I get right back up and make it that much better with a good lesson under my belt...

if you can get through these you are doing just fine...
Respect for self, respect for others and taking responsibility for all your actions...

Old 11-10-2011, 05:40 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,854,315 times
Actually... funny you mention...

I get a message over Facebook from my ex fiance yesterday asking if we could talk over the phone.

I'm like... okay... six years since we broke up... it's not that she's pregnant. Did her dad die? What's going on?

Well, it turns out that after six years, the girl she left me for dumped her under similar circumstances as to how she dumped me. No explanation, lackadaisical delivery that indicated she was more annoyed that I was upset than she was concerned over my feelings. She texted me and said, "I just wanted to let you know that karma caught up with me."

I'm actually not bitter over the whole situation, and haven't wished any ill upon her. But hey.

Old 11-11-2011, 09:30 AM

78,350 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post

I respectfully disagree to some extent, Karma can be a very very real thing.

I've seen scumbags fall on hard times and NO ONE would help them out because of their reputation. Maybe karma didn't cause it but it certainly exacerbated it.

I know some really good people that have hit a rough spot and the outpouring of support was *immense*. (This concept was addressed in a Simpsons episode where Ned Flanders opened his own business selling stuff for left handed people.)

Now if you are talking about a meterorite plunging from the sky to smite some child molester then no.

P.S. If you like House, you should check out the Blackadder series he was in. He plays a goofball sidekick to Rowan Atkinson's character who is very much like House in personality.

Old 11-11-2011, 10:41 AM

936 posts, read 2,060,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
I agree that life is too short to wait around, but it certainly feels good when they end up getting what they deserve. I believe people's actions will eventually catch up to them. You may never know about it, but it will happen.

My story deals with a former supervisor who was a total "B." She would kiss up to higher ups and walk on everyone lower, taking credit for work they had done. Common thoughts were, who did she sleep with to get to where she was. I took it for a year before quitting.

Karma came about 3 years later. Her husband divorced her saying he didn't like her anymore and he ended up getting support and half her retirement. I ended up in a better job and can think she'll always be alone because of the "B" that she is. Actually, I never think about it except for threads like this. Just not worth my time.
It certainly can feel good, but that's not karma. Karma is about cause and effect, not reward and punishment. It's about how your thoughts and actions create the world you live in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships