Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2011, 11:07 AM

748 posts, read 1,313,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
Okay... not really related to "cheating" but a kharma issue nonetheless. Early in my Navy career, I dated woman also in the Navy. We went out for almost over a year, and one day I went back to the apartment we lived at, and everything of hers was gone, there was the key on the table, but no note or anything. About a month later, I ran into her again at the chow hall. When I finally had a chance to talk to her, she said she left me because I didn't "intellectually stimulate" her.

I took an honest look at myself (after picking up the 2.4 millions pieces of my heart from the floor). She was probably right, but there was a better way and time to say it, I'm sure. She was almost happy saying it. So... I took the initiative and started reading more books (and a variety other than what I normally read) started reading the newspaper and watching the news a lot more often.

About a year later, I ran into her at the enlisted club. She looked fantastic in her red dress; and, soon I found out she was at the club alone and we started dancing and talking. We still had an attraction for each other. Also, she mentioned that she had two tickets for the local symphony. I had just read that morning in the paper about the violinist that was going to be playing there, and you could tell that she was shocked I knew anything about it at all. I said since she had the symphony tickets, I would pick up dinner that night for us. Dinner was great. We talked about books, current events, everything. You could tell she was really turned on (not sexually) by my ability to talk to "her" level.

We finished dinner and went to the symphony. While there, we started "fooling around" and decided to leave early. All the way back to her place, we kept talking, but I realized that I not only caught up to "her" level of discussion, but could talk about more. When we got to her place, she was pretty ramped up and asked me to come in. And although I really wanted to go inside and be intimate with her, when I stated that I wasn't going in, she asked why. I simply said "you don't intellectually stimulate me." And she got out, slammed the door and went inside.
FABULOUS!!!! (is mean of me to LOVE this story so much... )

Old 11-11-2011, 05:25 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,540,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock1729 View Post
It certainly can feel good, but that's not karma. Karma is about cause and effect, not reward and punishment. It's about how your thoughts and actions create the world you live in.
No, it was karma. Her actions and behaviors on how she treated others was a factor in her divorce. Had she been a more pleasant and supportive of others (not just higher ups), there may have been another outcome.

Old 11-11-2011, 10:37 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,829,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific
I am going through a divorce- my husband left me to move in with his mistress and while I feel I have worked hard to stay upbeat and strong there are still days here and there I get very depressed.
I assume that you are over any pain you had over this idiot but i wanted to say i am sorry he did this to you.... You seem like a sweetheart and for anyone to do this is just evil

Old 11-11-2011, 10:38 PM

479 posts, read 835,516 times
I don't know much about karma? But I did hear of a man, whose wife knew about superglue.

Old 11-11-2011, 10:41 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,342,342 times
I don't like to revel too much in the desperately sad situations my stupid cheating exes have gotten themselves into. Some of it is their own fault. Some of it is just very bad luck. All of it makes me glad they cheated so I saw the light and moved on.

Old 11-12-2011, 04:26 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,468,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
I would love to indulge is stories of how people got karmic revenge on their cheating spouse or boyfriend/girlfriend.

So please take a few minutes to tell me of the inevitable event that happened to you or a friend, that brought a smile to your face and great satisfaction to your soul after bad karma reared it's ugly head!
I wasn't sure I was going to weigh-in on this one because I actually find it rather uncomfortable and unfortunate but if it serves as an object lesson or gives someone pause, perhaps some good will come of it.

First of all, no one gets karmic revenge. Karma is not something one visits on another. Karma is what someone brings upon themselves. None of what has occurred to the ex has brought a smile to my face. If nothing else, I would be inviting karma on myself by taking any joy or satisfaction in it.

We were married 25 years and had five children. In the end only two young, minor daughters were left at home. The rest were grown and out leading their own lives. Over the last half of the marriage we drifted apart with plenty of blame on both sides. One day, while I was at work, she left, wiped out the house, emptied the bank accounts, gathered up the girls and the pets and was gone.

She filed for legal separation but also filed a trumped-up domestic violence restraining order against me to keep me away from my daughters. I had the court rescind it but by that time the damage was done. Meanwhile I counter-filed for divorce. I had discovered that she'd already had someone else in the wings and shortly after we parted, long before the divorce was final and while I was still trying to affect reconciliation, she moved her boyfriend in with herself and my daughters. She also started on a relentless, 11 year campaign to severely alienate me from the girls. When I figured that out, which didn't take long, I thought that there was a special plan and a special place for someone who would do that without cause to the other parent.

Finally, after two years of her stalling, the divorce was final and before the ink was dry on the final decree, she married her live-in boyfriend. You can decide if what happened next was karma or just really bad luck.

Three years later her new husband was killed in an automobile accident. She had already run through the money she received from our divorce and it didn't take too long for her to run through what money she received as a result of her death. Shortly thereafter she was scrounging at the bottom of the barrel and living almost solely on the four-figure child support I sent every month without fail for children I never saw and who professed to hate me.

A number of years later the girls contacted me and begged me to get custody away from the ex. She was treating them like slaves, making them do everything and by then they were working and also supporting her. I reopened the family court case and did, in fact, get them away from her. Due to the estrangement I permitted them to get their own place together and while I had no further legal requirement to do so, continued to provide child support but to them.

The ex, without any income left, moved away and took a menial job until one of our sons in another state took pity on her and moved her there with him and his family. She had to find work, however and one day, while walking to catch the bus she was run over by a car, severely injured and left somewhat disabled. After costing our son and his older brother 10s of thousands of dollars for her care, she totally stiffed them when she received a settlement and was put out on her own.

As had been her former pattern, she blew through the settlement but for a small monthly stipend and holed up in a small apartment alone with none of the children wanting anything to do with her.

But wait! There's more. One day our middle daughter, still in the original state, received a call from the ex's landlord informing her of bizarre behavior and unpaid rent. With my wife's and my help, she and her partner flew back to see what was going on. Getting doctors and an elderlaw attorney involved, they had the ex placed in a care home under our daughter's guardianship. At age 55 the woman was totally in the grasp of dementia. She's since been moved back where my three daughters live and is in a secured facility for dementia and Alzheimer's patients where she'll likely live out her days. Generally she doesn't recognize anyone.

So there it is. Karma? You decide. Whatever it is, most of it she brought on herself in many ways and despite the agony of the alienation I never wished anything bad on her. I don't care for her at all. I do, however, care about her, as does my wife. She is, after all, for good or for ill, the mother of my children and I've known her since I was six.

Old 11-12-2011, 04:47 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,991,145 times
The best one?

She got pregnant, and from her mouth, she F'd up a lot and wishes to god she didn't stray. Wh*re.

Old 11-14-2011, 09:08 AM

31,016 posts, read 22,056,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
I wasn't sure I was going to weigh-in on this one because I actually find it rather uncomfortable and unfortunate but if it serves as an object lesson or gives someone pause, perhaps some good will come of it.

First of all, no one gets karmic revenge. Karma is not something one visits on another. Karma is what someone brings upon themselves. None of what has occurred to the ex has brought a smile to my face. If nothing else, I would be inviting karma on myself by taking any joy or satisfaction in it.
six.
Anybody that is that wacked out is mentally Ill. Hopefully your children all ended up alright!

Old 11-14-2011, 09:12 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,468,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Anybody that is that wacked out is mentally Ill. Hopefully your children all ended up alright!
No doubt, and I should have recognized it sooner than I did. So far, so good where the children are concerned although to a great degree, two of my three daughters have some of their mother's personality traits. They're both drama queens.

Old 11-14-2011, 09:29 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,381,008 times
I seriously wish I knew. After I discovered that my 8 year ex boyfriend had a girlfriend for the past 2 years and we confronted him, he then moved on to a new girl (the paster's daughter) and the last I heard married her the following year.

We never spoke again nor am I in touch with any of his friends or relatives so I know nothing about his life since. I hope it remains that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships