Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 02:48 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,081,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
Men who like to dance are not that rare. I dance frequently, a couple times a week, anything from salsa to swing, and almost always there are more men there to dance than women.

I've found the opposite to be true. Most of the men who dance are single and looking, while the women are taken but their boyfriend/husband doesn't dance so they dance with these guys but never hook up with them.

If you are a woman that likes to dance, you might reconsider the venue you are looking at. Don't go to a local meat market expecting to meet Fred Astaire, Fred will be at the salsa club or a swing dance lesson. Don't look for cavemen who will turn into rico suave at the snap of your fingers.

If you want to dance, go to dance events. It's pretty simple.
I wanna go to the ballrooms/swing&salsa clubs you go to! The ones I go to have way more women than men, but I always manage to snag guys to dance with.

Old 11-04-2008, 02:49 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,679,859 times
love to dance. they say if they cant dance, they cant "you know what". so good rythm is helpful in the sack.

i love to dance! and i love to YOU KNOW WHAT!!!!

Old 11-04-2008, 03:28 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,716,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Yeah, he and the other loser who hates dance ought to hook up.
I didn't say I hated it. I said I couldn't dance, and don't understand the attraction to it. If you want to express a rhythm, do it IN the sack, not on the dancefloor. That's all I'm saying.

My wife liked to dance, I didn't, so she would dance with other guys, but come home with me. She got it out of her system...I'm fine with that.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:37 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,130,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
they say if they cant dance, they cant "you know what".
Absolutely a myth! My non-dancing caveman has all the right moves when it counts.

Old 11-04-2008, 04:10 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,050,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I wanna go to the ballrooms/swing&salsa clubs you go to! The ones I go to have way more women than men, but I always manage to snag guys to dance with.
Well, if I'm ever in your neck of the woods I'll have to send you a DM and find out which clubs to go to.

And if you're ever in my neck of the woods, just pick a club, there will ALWAYS be more men than women.

Old 11-04-2008, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
Well, if I'm ever in your neck of the woods I'll have to send you a DM and find out which clubs to go to.

And if you're ever in my neck of the woods, just pick a club, there will ALWAYS be more men than women.
Oh, I see - you're in Alaska and I'm in California. We have all the hot babes and you have all the hunky guys!!!

Old 11-04-2008, 05:34 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,654,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
Well, at least he admits that he can't dance!

I wonder what makes him so "busy" to date a girl. First time I read that a guy is so it's very unusual. I doubt that any chick would date such a drone anyway.
It's unusual to be too busy to date girls? What the hell planet do you live on? Some of us actually have goals more important than "grow up, get married, have kids, retire, die."

And I didn't say anything against performance art dancing, which is a whole different beast than what people do on dance floors. I'm not 65 like some of you people here, NOBODY who is young dances like that, dancing in any bar or club is freak dancing or flailing about like a retard with the music blaring. It has no purpose or rhythm it's just pointless gyrations from idiotic tools.

I can't understand the way people act, I don't care if you want to say I'm robotic for that, I take that as a compliment -- better than being "human, all too human," as Nietzsche would say. The way most people ask is barely a step above animals. People can be a lot more than that, but a lot of them just don't bother. They think it's ok to act like retards instead.

Old 11-04-2008, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
It's unusual to be too busy to date girls? What the hell planet do you live on? Some of us actually have goals more important than "grow up, get married, have kids, retire, die."

And I didn't say anything against performance art dancing, which is a whole different beast than what people do on dance floors. I'm not 65 like some of you people here, NOBODY who is young dances like that, dancing in any bar or club is freak dancing or flailing about like a retard with the music blaring. It has no purpose or rhythm it's just pointless gyrations from idiotic tools.

I can't understand the way people act, I don't care if you want to say I'm robotic for that, I take that as a compliment -- better than being "human, all too human," as Nietzsche would say. The way most people ask is barely a step above animals. People can be a lot more than that, but a lot of them just don't bother. They think it's ok to act like retards instead.
Are you suggesting that young people do not ballroom dance??? What planet are YOU from??? I am 44 and I have danced since I was 3 and started competing in ballroom when I was 8. I also teach ballroom dance. Both of my sons compete in ballroom - they are 14 and 23. The 23 year old is also a ballroom instructor in addition to being a personal fitness trainer. Both of my boys started dance at 3 and 4 years old. Do we flail and look like 'tards??? NO. I think you have some serious issues to deal with. No wonder you're "dateless and desperate".

Old 11-04-2008, 05:50 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,654,688 times
HAHAHA, I am anything but desperate, I could care less about dating, jesus where do you even live?

This is 2008, nobody ballroom dances, I haven't heard of one person I know doing that. I was forced to do that crap when I was 13, I got paid $10 per class by my parents and it was horrible. But everyone in our private school's parents forced us to do it, until finally most of us quit en masse because it was so retarded. Have you EVER been to a bar or club?! Did you SEE any ballroom dancing? It's not hip at all to do that, this isn't 1674.

Old 11-04-2008, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
HAHAHA, I am anything but desperate, I could care less about dating, jesus where do you even live?

This is 2008, nobody ballroom dances, I haven't heard of one person I know doing that. I was forced to do that crap when I was 13, I got paid $10 per class by my parents and it was horrible. But everyone in our private school's parents forced us to do it, until finally most of us quit en masse because it was so retarded. Have you EVER been to a bar or club?! Did you SEE any ballroom dancing? It's not hip at all to do that, this isn't 1674.
You are a clueless nitwit. Have you been to a ballroom lately? We're not doing the minuet. Yes, I have been out to bars and clubs and we do salsa, cha cha, west coast swing, night club two step and hustle. I live in beautiful, hip, sunny, Southern California. What po-dunk place do you live in???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships