Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 11:48 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,411,434 times

Advertisements

I love dancing and I'm quite good at it, but I hate dancing on a dance floor so it's never been an issue for me. I'd much rather groove/feel the music on the sidelines. My girlfriends always had to get some liquid courage in me if they wanted me on the dance floor with them.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:47 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,063,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Amen. Dancing is totally retarded, I am glad I'll never understand why a human would want to waste energy pointlessly in an activity that doesn't even have a real goal, it's just sort of moving around like some mating dance that much-less-intelligent animals do. *yawns* Evolution hasn't come all that far yet after all. It's a work in progress.
No, YOU are retarded. Actually, when I compete, I DO have a "real goal" in mind. I compete in money categories, so I have a monetary goal in mind, in addition to being able to claim a particular title. Our dance competitions are much like a sporting event - in fact, what we do is called DanceSport! You might want to attend a real ballroom dance competition sometime to become enlightened - not this Dancing with the Stars stuff on TV.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:55 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,573,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
No, YOU are retarded. Actually, when I compete, I DO have a "real goal" in mind. I compete in money categories, so I have a monetary goal in mind, in addition to being able to claim a particular title. Our dance competitions are much like a sporting event - in fact, what we do is called DanceSport! You might want to attend a real ballroom dance competition sometime to become enlightened - not this Dancing with the Stars stuff on TV.

Well, at least he admits that he can't dance!

I wonder what makes him so "busy" to date a girl. First time I read that a guy is so it's very unusual. I doubt that any chick would date such a drone anyway.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:59 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,127,520 times
I like to dance and it's been my experience that if you have your heart set on getting on the dance floor then go out with your girlfriends. I have yet to be involved with a man that would dance unless I begged/pleaded/promised unmentionable acts.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:59 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,063,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
Well, at least he admits that he can't dance!

I wonder what makes him so "busy" to date a girl. First time I read that a guy is so it's very unusual. I doubt that any chick would date such a drone anyway.
Yeah, he and the other loser who hates dance ought to hook up.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I'd also like to add that for me, I prefer dancing to the music of my youth. Mostly the popular music from the '80's and earlier. Some songs from the early 90's too. So rock n roll, punk, new wave and disco. But the current music trends are not that appealing to me. Some of my boyfriend's friends are into emo, drums and bass, and trance, and that's not for me. I also don't dance stripper/sex type moves that the younger women now like to do. Even if I were 20 again, I still wouldn't do them.
(Janet Jackson's What Have You Done For Me Lately? playing)

I love 80's and early-mid 90's music too and punk, disco, and r&b!

I don't like that dance stripper sex-hype tunes garbage either.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:53 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,145,511 times
Default To dance, most definately!

Ladies, ladies, ladies, have I got a partner for you... me!

I'm the rare American male who approaches the dancefloor like a sports field, in that they are both just good fun (males of other cultures luv zi discotheque).

Back in the early 80s when punk and new wave music meant a somewhat alternative lifestyle, I was in the clubs of CT and NYC dancing to the music I loved. Still do but far less, sadly club dancing is mostly for the youngsters.

I've always been confident that dancing was not inherently feminine, and that feeling a beat and reflecting it on the floor was just a cool and fun thing to do. And the perfect complement to a night out drinking or whatnot. It's just so participatory (including at concerts).

Several times, a night of dancing has led to, um, the ultimate success with a woman. It is the only aphrodesiac that ever worked for me. So that schmoe w/ the OP missed a chance.

Dancing is very sexy from the angle of both genders. Gosh, back in the day a punky chick gracefully moving to say "Everyday is Halloween" or "Wood Beez" or "Situation" etal, just had me rapt.

Unfortunately, most dance clubs nowadays are too packed, people can't really do anything other than flail, smile, bounce, and talk. Although I'm sure there are still good scenes off the beaten path.

Anyway, question back to the ladies:

Given that you like watching a coordinated man on the dancefloor, why do you not kinda get turned on by watching a man playing soccer or basketball? I mean, we never see WAGs at our soccer matches!!

Old 11-04-2008, 02:10 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,049,385 times
Men who like to dance are not that rare. I dance frequently, a couple times a week, anything from salsa to swing, and almost always there are more men there to dance than women.

I've found the opposite to be true. Most of the men who dance are single and looking, while the women are taken but their boyfriend/husband doesn't dance so they dance with these guys but never hook up with them.

If you are a woman that likes to dance, you might reconsider the venue you are looking at. Don't go to a local meat market expecting to meet Fred Astaire, Fred will be at the salsa club or a swing dance lesson. Don't look for cavemen who will turn into rico suave at the snap of your fingers.

If you want to dance, go to dance events. It's pretty simple.

Old 11-04-2008, 02:13 PM

There's no rhythm!

Last edited by Saberai; 11-04-2008 at 02:14 PM.. Reason: for Back to NE

Old 11-04-2008, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
Men who like to dance are not that rare. I dance frequently, a couple times a week, anything from salsa to swing, and almost always there are more men there to dance than women.

I've found the opposite to be true. Most of the men who dance are single and looking, while the women are taken but their boyfriend/husband doesn't dance so they dance with these guys but never hook up with them.

If you are a woman that likes to dance, you might reconsider the venue you are looking at. Don't go to a local meat market expecting to meet Fred Astaire, Fred will be at the salsa club or a swing dance lesson. Don't look for cavemen who will turn into rico suave at the snap of your fingers.

If you want to dance, go to dance events. It's pretty simple.
Of course! That's one of my big points for the guy I would love to go out with!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.