Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 06:20 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,996,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
I don't WANT to know anything about dancing! It's a waste of time and energy, freakin' idiots go out and dance, I'm sorry, end of story. Dancing is for tards.

I'm done posting about it because even thinking that humans could do something as stupid as dancing in 2008 makes me want to vomit.

Disclaimer: Performance dance in front of big audiences is a different story. I recognize the skills and athleticism. The rest can kiss my butt.
You just call me a tard and an idiot?

Dude! I went to a party the other day and had a great time dancing. We were learning these crazy line dances. It was fun even when I would mess up. Before, the only line dancing I did was on the side of the highway with a police officer. Joking.

It was a blast. Plus if you are a single person the chicks love seeing guys dance.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:35 AM

1,559 posts, read 690,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
You just call me a tard and an idiot?

Dude! I went to a party the other day and had a great time dancing. We were learning these crazy line dances. It was fun even when I would mess up. Before, the only line dancing I did was on the side of the highway with a police officer. Joking.

It was a blast. Plus if you are a single person the chicks love seeing guys dance.

I agree. My hubby doesn't dance, so when a guy is out there dancing, learning, having fun with the rest of us...hes got hope.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:06 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,576,011 times
Jonny-boy needs to get out his cave...his house, especially since he thinks he's all that because he's rich!

Pa-leease....

You don't have to have a lot of money to have a personality. Too bad that's the only thing he still can't afford. I'm surprised he dosen't noticed that there are dance studios everywhere in this country! Oh yeah, that "club-humping and grinding stuff" is not dancing at all for me. That's just dry humping which I NEVER do being a 24 year old.

Remember that song from Destiny's Child?

"I don't think you're ready, or just jealous.."

"Dancing's for tards." Soul-less drone.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:25 AM

1,559 posts, read 690,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
Jonny-boy needs to get out his cave...his house, especially since he thinks he's all that because he's rich!

Pa-leease....

You don't have to have a lot of money to have a personality. Too bad that's the only thing he still can't afford. I'm surprised he dosen't noticed that there are dance studios everywhere in this country! Oh yeah, that "club-humping and grinding stuff" is not dancing at all for me. That's just dry humping which I NEVER do being a 24 year old.

Remember that song from Destiny's Child?

"I don't think you're ready, or just jealous.."

"Dancing's for tards." Soul-less drone.
OH! Thats so funny.....Soul-less Drone! Its also appropiate!

Old 11-06-2008, 09:35 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,576,011 times
Another thing: Dancing is great exercise and good for your well-being. It actually makes your muscles stronger and gives you a good posture that is hard to break.

Teh, "dancing is a waste of time and energy" there's a reason why people call someone like him an a$$face. It's been up there for a while that's why!

Old 11-06-2008, 10:54 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,100,369 times
Oh come on you guys, cut little Jonny some slack - he's RICH!!!!! Plus he golfs. Oh, and he lives in a REAL place - he lives in Los Angeles (where most of us have escaped from, I might add), but wait - doesn't the LB at the end of his name mean he actually lives in Long Beach??? Oh, I don't care where he really lives --- He's my hero!!!

Old 11-06-2008, 11:38 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,485,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Oh come on you guys, cut little Jonny some slack - he's RICH!!!!! Plus he golfs. Oh, and he lives in a REAL place - he lives in Los Angeles (where most of us have escaped from, I might add), but wait - doesn't the LB at the end of his name mean he actually lives in Long Beach??? Oh, I don't care where he really lives --- He's my hero!!!
Dancing just seems basic to life, so much that every culture in the world always has some kind of dancing as an important part of their rituals and celebrations, even mating.
Quote:
I don't WANT to know anything about dancing! It's a waste of time and energy, freakin' idiots go out and dance, I'm sorry, end of story. Dancing is for tards.
So if our so-called "rich" friend here is already that tight-*ssed about shakin' it on the dance floor, we can only imagine what that says about his inhibitions and skills in some "other" areas...!

Old 11-06-2008, 12:54 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,685,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Absolutely a myth! My non-dancing caveman has all the right moves when it counts.
well just imagine how much better it would be if he actually had some rythm outside the bedroom!!! maybe he does have that rythm just doesnt show it off on the dance floor. it could be the difference.

but being able to boogie down does help with stamina, heart motion, passion and "moves" in the bedroom.

its having rythm that counts. there are plenty of people who go out and dance, but dont know how to. its those people that do know how to dance that also have the complimentary moves while doing "you know what"

but there are always exceptions. except i havent found any.

Old 11-06-2008, 01:07 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,051,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie713 View Post
I agree. My hubby doesn't dance, so when a guy is out there dancing, learning, having fun with the rest of us...hes got hope.
Notice how it's the married women who fawn over the guys that dance lol

It's like Huckleberry said on page 2, women like to dance with guys, but that doesn't mean they want to hook up with guys who dance.

Dance if you enjoy doing it, but don't expect it to improve your chances with women.

Old 11-06-2008, 01:11 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,685,912 times
saying your "rich" is not what rich people do. and even if you are rich, money does not equate class.

people who have to say they are rich have some serious issues. i also wonder how much of these "riches" are actually yours(and not mommys). i and other people cringe when folks talk about money. or how expensive things are. especially when its in a flaunting manner. that is not acceptable. its a social no-no. thats the first way to put people off and it automatically puts you in the "yeah right" category. your rich, you play golf ooooohhhhhhh!!!

anyhow. if you step outside of high school dances and such you will see that there are people who do dance in various styles through out los angeles. there are swing clubs as mentioned. there are salsa clubs as mentioned. there are western/line dancing clubs. there are get your freak on clubs also. LOS ANGELES IS A BIG PLACE!!!! it offers many many dancing venues for all styles. and every style does have its nuances. its not just a bucnh of arm flailing. its hip action. arm movement. leg motion. there is rhythm to it.

if you dont want to dance, or think its for "tards" thas fine, but thats just another social grace you lack.

reevaluate that. your social graces. people with class and grace do not talk about how rich they are. and they accept the reality that dance forms are more than just bumping and grinding, even in 2008.

so in summation... DANCE!!!!
Quote:
I live in Los Angeles, a REAL city, not Palm Desert or wherever the F you are from. There are no places like you describe here, you'd be stabbed probably if you pulled that crap in a bar or club here. Nobody does that. Dancing is dancing up against someone else, shaking your ass, etc. It's not old-style dancing. I agree that ballroom dancing is way better than that crap, and at least it has some actual "rules," not just mindless shaking about, but it's still incredibly lame. It's just something rich people used to do back in the day, it's not something any young people do now.

Move to a real city. Palm Desert is just where the rich go to party and play golf. I know, I'm rich, I play golf.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships