Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 02:21 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,058,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS. Confused View Post
I know I am basically looking for everyone to tell me what I want to hear. That it will all work out, kids adjust. I know that very well may be bull, but I know alot of children of divorced couples who grow up happy and live productive happly lives. I really think that my husband does deserve better then me. I dont love him the way he loves me. Does that make me a monster? I really dont think so. I made a very grown up choice at a very young age. Do you really know what you want at 14, 15, 20? I screwed up. I am sorry for that. but I feel I deserve to be happy also
Kids are better off when they are rescued from an abusive marital relationship, but not when the parents are good loving people. You separated for selfish reasons not for good reason. Kids don't recover from that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 02:23 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,245,461 times
Fishing expedition...we have already been through this with her and she seems to have tunnel vision when it comes to reality...she admits she wants us to agree with her...waste of our time and energy...

Old 11-03-2008, 02:27 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,649,071 times
I think everything you post is just for shock value and I highly doubt in a two week period from your first thread of not knowing what you want. . then kissing some guy at work. . and now how "hubby moved out". . . I think everything you say here is a lie. I do not even believe your situation even exists, I think it started as a troll thread and continues as one. Some people may buy into it, I do not. Have fun in your fantasy.

Old 11-03-2008, 02:30 PM

305 posts, read 373,179 times
Mommyv I was planning to go to therepy with him and also for both of us to go alone, but we were going to see the same therapist. Do you think that is a bad idea?

Optiflex as far as him staying with my sister, he is there because that is where he feels most comfortable. See that makes me feel even worst. My family is more a family to him than his own. And no my family does not think I am crazy, they all feel that if I am that unhappy that this is what I need to do. They all said that I am the only one who really knows what I want. They all think this stems from getting involved too young

Old 11-03-2008, 02:34 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,932,418 times

Old 11-03-2008, 02:35 PM

305 posts, read 373,179 times
JeepGirl118- You believe what you want. I can say without a doubt that this is not made up. It is as real as it gets. I wish it was a joke. The thing is this did not happen in the span of two weeks. It has been going on probably for years. I think I was just so busy taking care of my children that I didnt notice how unhappy I was.

Old 11-03-2008, 02:36 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,649,071 times
Quote:
JeepGirl118- You believe what you want. I can say without a doubt that this is not made up. It is as real as it gets. I wish it was a joke. The thing is this did not happen in the span of two weeks. It has been going on probably for years. I think I was just so busy taking care of my children that I didnt notice how unhappy I was.
Yeah, OK, whatever you say. You got one thing right in all of what you've said, the only thing right. . . seek help.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:06 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,175,810 times
Quote:
Mommyv I was planning to go to therepy with him and also for both of us to go alone, but we were going to see the same therapist. Do you think that is a bad idea?
Not only is it not a good idea, professional ethics may prohibit the therapist from seeing you both. Have you asked the therapist?

Old 11-03-2008, 03:10 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,651,526 times
When someone loses a spouse from death they say the average is about a year to just adjust. Cut the poor sweet man a break. He can take as much time as he wants. It's his life and he has to adjust in his own time. You just can't control how he is supposed to feel. Hopefully his family is supporting him and he can spend time with his kids who are probably the best part of his life.
Don't give him your timetable!!!

Old 11-03-2008, 03:29 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
HI Its me again,

Update, He left on Wed of last week. It was very painful to say the least. The kids are on and off with their emotions, which I guess is normal. He is not doing so well though. He calls me and text me all time. He has not come to terms with it yet. Is that normal? How long is the average that is should take before he grasps that it is really over. This is just making it harder on our girls. His emotions are so up and down. ONe minute he is ok the next he is crying. My family says this is normal because it has only been a couple of days and beacause he is staying with my sister. They feel once he moves into his new place (DEC 1) he will start facing reality. But I am not so sure.
You really have no clue what distruction you have wrought, do you?

His emotions will be up and down for AT LEAST a year - most likely longer - deal with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships