Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 04:42 PM

25,157 posts, read 54,005,757 times

Advertisements

ya dude you always go with your intellect or mind. Your hormones are crazy like a teenagers....and a mature person doesn't act on the hormones.

Continue to use your BOB and possibly date around until you find a dude that will be committed in some respectable way and get him to pop ya one every now and again ...good luck Jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Whew, OK, thank you, I feel normal now. . . what I am about to say might change that though. . .

OK, how do I convey this properly without sounding like a total butthead.

Today I was loading up the dishwasher and cleaning up the kitchen, just thinking, you know how it goes. . . and like I have stated in recent threads I am not against two non-committed unmarried adults having consensual sex every now and then (not to be mistaken with being a hoochie and bed-notching), I have not had any one night stands or 'so-called' cheap flings. . . and in my state of mind of not wanting to date men. . .OMG, have I written off ever getting laid for a while?? - cause I still have a sex drive. . . I just cannot picture me picking up some guy to tap it. Not my style, even though my overall view is that it is anyone's right to do so being that it is safely done. Have I just committed myself to "BOB?"

If I had to put a visual with it, pretend for a second that both my mind and my hormones were two individual people standing facing one another. . . my mind is saying, "And that is that." The hormones are looking back going, "But...WTF?!?!"

I am more liberal in my views VS my own actual actions, if that makes sense.

So. . . how is this going to go now? LOL - this is such a DORK question, but I cannot help but ask.

And if anyone can tell me, I know its all of you! :P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 04:49 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,662,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
ya dude you always go with your intellect or mind. Your hormones are crazy like a teenagers....and a mature person doesn't act on the hormones.

Continue to use your BOB and possibly date around until you find a dude that will be committed in some respectable way and get him to pop ya one every now and again ...good luck Jeep
So continue to use BOB until I find that one friend with favors?

Is there a store to get one of these?

No seriously. I am serious about that but kinda not, but am. . .

Sex never becomes an issues until you are not getting any. Like, having an object taken away that you do not use often, yet, once it's gone, you miss it like you used it every day. . .

How do people who do not want to date handle the sex deal? There was a time I was so fed up with BOB that I wanted to throw him at the wall. The "oh, its YOU again" sort of deal. Haha. Oh dear, sadly, I am NOT joking.

I see how many liberals voted for Obama, so I would imagine I should get some advice. Do not go acting all Republican on me now. Help one out.

Old 11-08-2008, 04:52 PM

52,386 posts, read 52,853,492 times
Quote:
How do people who do not want to date handle the sex deal?
I guess they get real friendly with themselves....

Old 11-08-2008, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I guess they get real friendly with themselves....

That I can do. For how long, I dunno, in terms of however long, I mean....long-long. Ha! I can't believe I am talking about this.

Oh wait. It's me. Yes I do.

See ChessiesMom above? She said 7 years.

7 YEARS!

I need to know how she did those 7 years. . . .

Old 11-08-2008, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoodpoint View Post
I separated in 2002 and was gone for a year an a half. Long story made short, my mom was dying and I went up to help my dad and just didn't come home. I realized how happy I was by myself. I bought a little log cabin in the woods near Lake Erie....wow it was Heaven!!!! I did like being on my own.
All this started with me right after I bought an LCD HDTV for the wall in the family room, a purchase that usually my ex would take control of. Not sure why it was that exactly that triggered it. Because after I got rid of the Jeep and got a car that I always wanted, it did not give me this same feeling of appreciation for being "free." Who knows, maybe the TV symbolizes in some way, subconsciously, "a window of opportunity" or something.

Old 11-08-2008, 05:08 PM

52,386 posts, read 52,853,492 times
Quote:
That I can do. For how long, I dunno, in terms of however long, I mean....long-long. Ha! I can't believe I am talking about this.

Oh wait. It's me. Yes I do.

See ChessiesMom above? She said 7 years.

7 YEARS!

I need to know how she did those 7 years. . . .
She white knucked it I guess....

Old 11-08-2008, 05:09 PM

78,664 posts, read 60,867,104 times
Quote:
As the time increases that I am single and unattached to another, I am further LOVING it! I've made some major purchases lately that typically was a joint decision and selection when I was married. . .and I have this eerie, yet, very overly-serene and liberated SINGLE feeling of happiness and contentment over it!

I went through my stages in dating of "wouldn't it be nice..." into the current stage I am in of, "No way, Jose, you'd have more luck in catching an oiled pig."

In the past week, all of the sudden really, it literally happened overnight, I went through my phone book in my cell and deleted entries of those I had dated and had a slight interest in and vice-versa. Have had no interest in returning their calls or with any sort of explanation, being that nothing was serious to begin with anyway, no one should be whimpering or jerking crocodile tears. Just a total lost of interest into the negative. I still adore men, I just do not want to date any right now or be attached to one. As if lightning struck down from my ceiling, I feel 200% content in being single without any romantic attention from a man. Doing what I want, when I want, enjoying the time by myself and with my son, my female friends. . . preparing for the holiday. It feels a little self-absorbed, OK, a lot self-absorbed, but I am *loving* it.

Is this a stage that anyone else went through after they got divorced or split out of a long-term relationship? How long did it last? Was there a certain event that made you feel "No way, Jose.." (i.e. something you did that you never did on your own before, fed up with the BS of dating, etc.) from that point on - or did you just one day wake up with the feeling and mindset?
Good for you.

I am dating a woman like that right now....lucky for her that I come from the "i dont give a flip" school of wifey relationships. Within reason, I don't care what my wife spent, I didn't care when she took off for a week to london with her mom, I don't care if she wants a "weekend off" in florida with her girlfriends....<waves> have fun babe, see you when you get home.

Long term, don't rule out finding A TRUE PARTNER...but for now...all the best and have a BLAST.

Old 11-08-2008, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
She white knucked it I guess....
LOL....white knucked? Oh that's funny, very, very funny. . .

Old 11-08-2008, 05:35 PM

25,157 posts, read 54,005,757 times
Oh I see where you are at. You sound fed up and revolted with dating. Is that correct?

My best advice is if you are strong enough to handle one night stands or friends with benefits ..... focus on physical attraction, interview the persons like you would a job (make sure they aren't drug dealers or serial killers), and I'd suggest bars, nightclubs, and any other area where you run into men...but make sure the bars and areas are classy.......pretty much use common sense....

Quote:
So continue to use BOB until I find that one friend with favors?

Is there a store to get one of these?

No seriously. I am serious about that but kinda not, but am. . .

Sex never becomes an issues until you are not getting any. Like, having an object taken away that you do not use often, yet, once it's gone, you miss it like you used it every day. . .

How do people who do not want to date handle the sex deal? There was a time I was so fed up with BOB that I wanted to throw him at the wall. The "oh, its YOU again" sort of deal. Haha. Oh dear, sadly, I am NOT joking.

I see how many liberals voted for Obama, so I would imagine I should get some advice. Do not go acting all Republican on me now. Help one out.

Old 11-08-2008, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Oh I see where you are at. You sound fed up and revolted with dating. Is that correct?

My best advice is if you are strong enough to handle one night stands or friends with benefits ..... focus on physical attraction, interview the persons like you would a job (make sure they aren't drug dealers or serial killers), and I'd suggest bars, nightclubs, and any other area where you run into men...but make sure the bars and areas are classy.......pretty much use common sense....
No, you are incorrect. Not fed up with dating. Just not interested. Just woke up one day totally good without a man.

I do not do bars or nightclubs. Not huge on drinking or being in that sort of scene. I probably need too tie one on again soon, however, I am very selective where I do tie one on (i,e. will when I have people over playing pool and darts at my place, or at their gatherings). And then when and if I do go to a classier drinking establishment with friends maybe 1-2x a year MAX, drunk men turn me off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships