Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 09:26 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
You are neithe ugly or mean! I think you are Hot and nice! Awesome personality too.
that Lola......always fishing for a compliment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 09:26 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,487,747 times
I dont know. You'll have to ask LOLA!

Old 11-12-2008, 09:29 AM

9,589 posts, read 27,811,439 times
My last post helped me realize what I meant to say:

Regular people often give "zero" or "almost-zero" attention to most strangers here.
Very-attractive young adults seem to tend to give "zero" exclusively.

Guys like this make obvious efforts to ignore me too,
and all I want to do is kill the silence, pass some time and make small talk
and they're often "all ice too"
I'm not gay or bi-curious, what's up with that?
I'm obviously not trying to flirt with them.

Or maybe in Toronto, opening your mouth counts as flirting.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:36 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
My last post helped me realize what I meant to say:

Regular people often give "zero" or "almost-zero" attention to most strangers here.
Very-attractive young adults seem to tend to give "zero" exclusively.

Guys like this make obvious efforts to ignore me too,
and all I want to do is kill the silence, pass some time and make small talk
and they're often "all ice too"
I'm not gay or bi-curious, what's up with that?
I'm obviously not trying to flirt with them.

Or maybe in Toronto, opening your mouth counts as flirting.
I knew what you meant, people have a hard time seeing things through other peoples' perspectives. I know how the people, especially the women are over there. There is nothing wrong with wanting women to be receptive to your verbal game. Or just in general people just being friendly in general.

People have problems these days, you would not catch me living in Toronto. You have enough to deal with in terms of the cold weather. People keep on giving women excuses for acting like b*tch** always blaming the man. I expect women to act like grown a** women, if they show me respect, I show them respect. Simple. This goes for interactions with males too. If a cat does not show you respect, then he gets no respect.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:42 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
People keep on giving women excuses for acting like b*tch** always blaming the man. I expect women to act like grown a** women, if they show me respect, I show them respect. Simple. This goes for interactions with males too. If a cat does not show you respect, then he gets no respect.
If someone is acting unfriendly, it's there way of putting up a mental wall or forcefield up around themselves. They are letting the people around them know that they aren't at all interested in meeting or talking to them.

How about you show some respect for them and just leave those unfriendly people alone? They just aren't interested in meeting you. Respect their personal space and walk away. Go meet people that are interested in meeting you, stop trying to force your company on those who obviously don't want it.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:51 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
If someone is acting unfriendly, it's there way of putting up a mental wall or forcefield up around themselves. They are letting the people around them know that they aren't at all interested in meeting or talking to them.

How about you show some respect for them and just leave those unfriendly people alone? They just aren't interested in meeting you. Respect their personal space and walk away. Go meet people that are interested in meeting you, stop trying to force your company on those who obviously don't want it.
You get offended because you are exactly the type of person(woman) that I was describing. Why are you always so damn angry on these forums? I doubt it if I would find you to be a warm person.

I do not think the original poster is wanting EVERY person to give him smiling faces and high fives but he sees that a big majority seems "cold". I know what he is talking about in reference to people in Toronto, ESPECIALLY the women. That is why I told him of other better places, so that like you said he could RESPECT those who would not talk to him and find other people who are interested in talking to him.

I agree with you that if a person does not want to talk, then you should give them their space. First thing I have agreed with you on but there is no reason for so many people to act that way. Compare Toronto to Houston and it is like night and day in regards to outward friendliness.

I still love you miu.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:54 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
They all do that.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:59 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
I think a lot of women find that most men misinterpret their kindness as being a sign of interest. As result, women will carry themselves with a more serious and direct manner so as not to mislead anyone.

Old 11-12-2008, 10:01 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,165,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
hey hey hey now I don't "fish".......no fishing necissary...just stand by the river and hold open a net lol they jump right in hahaha I KID!!! No really.....wasn't looking for any sort of compliment....maybe the other day when I was........umm... "frustrated" I was but not typically.....simply making a point

your lucky I luv ya!

Old 11-12-2008, 10:02 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,165,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
I dont know. You'll have to ask LOLA!
ask me what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships