Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 11:00 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,161,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Youre right. I am ever so humbled. I shall be ever so greatful that you have taken the time to chat with this oh so lowly Democrat!
PS-And I know HOT when I see it!!!!!!!!!!
your mean....i'm not like that at all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 11:02 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
don't tempt me

hahaha I kid.....me? lola? I'm harmless
that's just another reason you're so luvable.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
they're probably used to people gawking at them all the time and they're probably used to people rubbing them the wrong way when the attractive person doesn't "notice" or look at regular looking folks some of those normal people take offense to it and think "oh they are stuck up or oh they think they're better than me" when in reality those good looking people don't have time to stop and engage or glance at every one who checks them out. in one way, ugly people have it good...they don't have to deal with people gawking at them or expecting something from them all of the time. i'm sure good looking people would love to be able to walk from Point A to Point B without feeling like they are on display for everyone to look at.
Nah. We love it the way it is.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
maybe it's just me but when im walking the streets of chicago, looking at other men isn't a priority or even a thought! i never get why strangers, who are men, look for approval or something like that from other men who are strangers. one thing is on my mind when im checking people out on the streets...and it's always women who i check out, obviously.
Yeah.......I don't ever check out men. Even if I were the type of guy who was into that, where I come from (lots of places, including Chicago), that would get me into some serious beef...........so to speak.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:05 AM

1,031 posts, read 2,708,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I think a lot of women find that most men misinterpret their kindness as being a sign of interest. As result, women will carry themselves with a more serious and direct manner so as not to mislead anyone.
You hit the nail right on the head. Everytime I do try to smile the guy thinks that is an invitation to start a conversation. I hate when they do that especially when I am trying to go somewhere. I'm just being nice!

Old 11-12-2008, 11:06 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
I think b/c attractive people have been all their lives taken advantage of and hurt, lied to, just so those that have hurt them could use them and get close to them....they have been the brunt of much abuse and ridicule...sometimes, other women, are very mean to attractive women..., it's hard for a woman who is extremely attractive...and the nice men, are afraid to ask an attractive woman out...so, unfortunately all the jerks gravitate toward them...and she is left with very little to pick from.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:07 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
But this leads to the severe lack of community most people feel nowadays. If these people have such a right to be left alone, perhaps strangers should look the other way if they get hit by a bus or get mugged on the street? No?
I'm all for a sense of community with people that I see on a regular basis in my daily travels, however I get the feeling that the O.P. is in a large city and this is more about him as a single man hoping to interact with the very attractive random females that he sees daily. And that's a totally different matter. I think that it's dangerous and foolish for attractive women to be pleasant and inviting to every strange man that comes up to them to flirt. Don't you? If you disagree with me, then I guess you don't have any family members that are young pretty women.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:17 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
your mean....i'm not like that at all
AH! Lola. Dont be mad at the Capt. He's just pulling your leg dontcha know! I have often wondered though if pretty girls like you ever get used to being checked out all the time. It bothered one of my daughters alot.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:21 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,030,188 times
lola's too hot to be upset. pretty girls always smile.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:23 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,135,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I'm all for a sense of community with people that I see on a regular basis in my daily travels, however I get the feeling that the O.P. is in a large city and this is more about him as a single man hoping to interact with the very attractive random females that he sees daily. And that's a totally different matter. I think that it's dangerous and foolish for attractive women to be pleasant and inviting to every strange man that comes up to them to flirt. Don't you? If you disagree with me, then I guess you don't have any family members that are young pretty women.
I re-read the OP's post, it does not talk about 'flirting' nor was it about pretty women, it was also about good looking men being unfriendly. Granted this is a relationships forum but that doesn't mean all the world's a meat-market.

My neice is a pretty young woman, and I wouldn't recommend her being "inviting to every strange man that comes up to her." But I would be dissappointed in her if she is uninviting and unpleasant to strangers she would meet in say the city of her first career job. If she keeps that up, she might very well end up single and childless at 40 (not that there's anything wrong with that). My little Annie is smart and spunky enough to mix with strangers of all types and stripes. I seriously doubt the Oprahs and Hilarys and Pelosis got to where they are by being buttoned-down, scared and aloof.

And a PS for a worse case scenario... stats show that most rape victims knew their attacker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships