Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 01:40 AM

271 posts, read 1,072,273 times

Advertisements

I kinow that some guys like a virgin lady (I think). Well I am a 22 yr. old male virgin. Do girls find this weird? I am not un-attractive, I am 6-3 180. So that is not it. I just have not felt like I 'needed' to 'lose' it. Would girls be more attracted to that fact, or would it be a 'Holy cow stay away from that guy' kind of feeling. Also, I am MORE than willing to wait until I am married until I actually 'complete' the act. Ladies, what say you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2008, 01:59 AM

2,383 posts, read 6,056,542 times
I think it's sweet that you are a virgin and want to wait. I know several young women that would be into that portion of your life. I do however think that the older you get, the more awkward being a virgin becomes. Take the move the Forty Year Old Virgin. It was funny because it was quirky and the idea of being a virgin that late in life is unheard for the majority of people out there.
For myself, because I have kids and have been married, I would not necessarily want you because you are a virgin, just the same as you would probably not want me for not being a virgin and having two kids.
I think that if you truly are a virgin at 22 that you should hold onto to your virginity until you are ready to get married.

Old 12-01-2008, 04:13 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,328,631 times
I think women see virgin males as a prize. Just the pure thought of having to un-virginize a guy surely will raise their reasons for wanting to take him home and fondle him.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:12 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,085,436 times
I think there are pluses and minuses to it. On one hand, there are benefits to being with a partner who is experienced and knows what to do. There is also the worry that once his first sexual relationship matures, he may be curious to try things out with a new partner. On the other hand, with a virgin, you don't have to worry about disease, and hopefully he will be eager to learn how to please, and he won't have any unpleasant sexual baggage from past partners.
I would not consider it a deal breaker by any means, and if you are happy with it, then that's all that matters.

Old 12-01-2008, 11:14 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,395,137 times
At your age, I don't think it's a negative, but if you were 40 and a virgin, I might question "why?" you were still one.

Old 12-01-2008, 11:17 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,030,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
At your age, I don't think it's a negative, but if you were 40 and a virgin, I might question "why?" you were still one.
is 40 the cut off line? because a 30 year old virgin would be very odd as well...

Old 12-01-2008, 11:20 AM

591 posts, read 1,415,336 times
No I think it's great but on a dif aspect. My 16 year old wants to wait til she is married before she has sex and it's nice knowing there are guys out there that are doing the same. So I guess i'm looking at this as a mom point of view..Wait you won't regret it lol..

On a woman level..I have no desire to be someones first due to the fact that I am not a virgin, obviously lol..the last thing I'd want to do is have someone in my bed that is pure in that area while I am not.

Old 12-01-2008, 11:21 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,395,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
is 40 the cut off line? because a 30 year old virgin would be very odd as well...
I just pulled 40 out of my butt to use as an example. I'd probably find 30 odd too.

Old 12-01-2008, 11:23 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,030,188 times
I have a 26 year old friend, male as this thread is about, who is a virgin. although he's gotten head a lot, at least from what he's said and from what i've seen going on at parties. but you'd be amazed at the # of female friends of ours that want to do him. it's like a challenge for all the hotties to get him to succumb to their feminine prowess.

Old 12-01-2008, 11:28 AM

640 posts, read 1,731,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unsmicck View Post
I kinow that some guys like a virgin lady (I think). Well I am a 22 yr. old male virgin. Do girls find this weird? I am not un-attractive, I am 6-3 180. So that is not it. I just have not felt like I 'needed' to 'lose' it. Would girls be more attracted to that fact, or would it be a 'Holy cow stay away from that guy' kind of feeling. Also, I am MORE than willing to wait until I am married until I actually 'complete' the act. Ladies, what say you?
Girls (at least me) would NOT feel that "holy cow he's a creeper" feeling at all. It sounds like whenever you do select who you want to sleep with, she will most likely be very understanding and happy to do the job! In fact, I'm the first girl my last boyfriend slept with and he was almost 20. The only thing is that it would be better if you were upfront about your virginity, then lying about it like my boyfriend did lol. I got over it, though, because I understand that some guys may feel ashamed (?) about it.
Here's another thing, even if YOU wait, the girl of your dreams may NOT. Don't hold that against her. She may not expect to actually meet someone like you so soon. Something to think about
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships