Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 05:48 PM

43 posts, read 69,321 times

Advertisements

How can I get a date? I am very lonely in a big city and I know nobody.
life is passing me by and I don't meet any guys..
I am a bit sad and don't know what to do.
is 36 too old to start dating ? I think I look older because I am overweight. what are my chances to get dates?

I welcome any ideas and/or critics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2011, 07:47 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,642,213 times
1st) DUMP John Legend
2nd) Post a Picture
3rd) Man (well, umm woman) up - The only way to START dating is to START going out there!
(sitting home, bitching about not being able to date is the first issue) Go to a show, go to a library, go out in the wild, there are a lot of single men out there (I'm one) start finding things that interest you, then find people with the same interest!
4th) Being overweight doesn't make you unattractive it just gives you an excuse.
5th) My train of thought just derailed..

Jonathan

Old 05-01-2011, 10:29 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,928,735 times
do you meet any girls/guys as friends?? have you had relationships/dates in the past??

Old 05-01-2011, 10:29 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,902,532 times
i'll second the advice given. also, if you're not confident about the way you look, why don't you work on changing it? being overweight is more certainly something you can change, and it's healthier in the long run too.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:50 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,476,977 times
First things first, do you like the way you look? If you're not confident in your appearance, then do something about it. Go to Curves, rent exercise tapes, etc. Go on a diet. Spend some time on working on you first. Also have hobbies so that you can be around people that like what you are interested in. Volunteer. Join Book Clubs. Get yourself out there to meet people.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:13 AM

12,671 posts, read 23,817,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
First things first, do you like the way you look? If you're not confident in your appearance, then do something about it. Go to Curves, rent exercise tapes, etc. Go on a diet. Spend some time on working on you first. Also have hobbies so that you can be around people that like what you are interested in. Volunteer. Join Book Clubs. Get yourself out there to meet people.
This can apply to guys too.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:15 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,476,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
This can apply to guys too.
Absolutely!

Old 05-02-2011, 06:08 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,060,431 times
I know women that some consider to be beautiful who are very unhappy and have trouble in relationships; and I know women that some consider not physically attractive who are very happy and have wonderful relationships.

I like the suggestions offered about volunteering, or finding clubs/groups in your town that share your interests.

Liking and respecting ourselves is key to reaching out to others and fostering healthy relationships. How you carry yourself...and how you feel about yourself sends the message to others as to how approachable you are. If people don't feel comfortable around you, they'll back off....and I'm sure you feel that way if you don't feel comfortable around someone.

Is your age too old to begin dating? Absolutely not! Age has nothing to do with it. There's no rule on that.

And it may play out better if you develop friendships first with women as it could lead to you meeting and dating someone through them. A friend is not going to recommend a bad person.

Just relax and be yourself.

Old 05-02-2011, 07:03 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,717,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlegendfan View Post
How can I get a date? I am very lonely in a big city and I know nobody.
life is passing me by and I don't meet any guys..
I am a bit sad and don't know what to do.
is 36 too old to start dating ? I think I look older because I am overweight. what are my chances to get dates?

I welcome any ideas and/or critics.
Your chances are as good as anyone elses. But they will be better if you muster up some confidence. I would just do a personal make over. Get a few new outfits, and look into improving your health and body.

If you join a gym chances are you will meet someone even if its just friends. Friends introduce you to people and other interests.

Just make your life and self as fabulous as you can and someone out there is going to want to share that with you.

Old 05-02-2011, 07:17 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,961,568 times
Overweight often equals unhealthy and unhappy. That is not a good start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships