Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 05:43 AM

1,570 posts, read 2,069,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
So are you as disapproving of older men being with much younger women?
Yes, I disagree with that. Older men have no place with younger women especially if the age gap is huge same goes for women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
With him probably not so that's where the double standards kick in. 60-minutes-II probably looks up to men like Hugh Hefner who dates women who are young enough to be his granddaughter.
yeah hes my hero that sick old perv

Old 01-13-2009, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
MIU and 60-Minutes II - It was a heartbreak back then when I broke up with her, mainly because she wasn't honest with me. We remained friends though, and if she were only 4 years older than me, then yes I would probably still be with her. Unfortunately she was diagnosed with cancer in 2001 and she passed away in 2003.

I didn't necesserily think the 15-year age gap was "disgusting", it was above my limit. The 23-year gap might okay with MIU and the person she's involved with, but you wouldn't see me getting involved with a woman that's 23 years older than me. Bottom line is, if you're happy with it, that's fine with me, I'm not going to bother you about it and tell you that it's disgusting.

Right now I am courting a gal who's only 2 months older than me, so that's not a problem..
well that was what i was getting at. She was too old for your standards thats its.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:09 AM

37,608 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
At the risk of sounding like the pot calling the kettle black, my advice would be to think seriously about dating someone who is significantly older than you whom you may consider marrying in the future, and may want a family with. Look out to the long term future, and not the immediate future.

I dated an older woman, by six years. I began to date my ex when I was 24, and she was 30. We dated for a long time, and we eventually married. We both wanted kids, initially. However, since she was older than me, and by the time I thought I was was ready in regards to career, and finances, she had reached 40, and no longer wanted kids; I was 34.
How funny. That is EXACTLY the ages of my ex and I when we met. We DID get married, and had a baby. And even though we divorced, neither one of us would have changed a thing.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:14 AM

13 posts, read 26,187 times
you r awoman and he is not yet a man a man is 5 years less imature than a woman so you can configure at 27 a boy becomes a man so in all essence the reality has been given so now the real question is what do you think you arent being fair and allowing him his childhood is that fair?

Old 01-13-2009, 06:46 AM

648 posts, read 1,641,443 times
I guess it would all depend on the person. I am 27 and the guy i'm with is 36. We get along just fine and you would never know there where any age difference.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:42 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,869,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-minutes-II View Post
well your grandma is not like other women.
A little education on the female reproductive system: women can continue to naturally have children until they reach menopause, which usually occurs in their 50s. Although the likelihood of getting pregnant and carrying to birth may not be as high and many health risks are raised when women have children in their 40s, there are plenty of women out there who have and will continue to have healthy children in their 40s, through natural means. It is not as much of a rarity as you obviously seem to think it is.

My mother in law had two children in her 40s.

Old 01-14-2009, 01:04 AM

2,278 posts, read 3,921,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikki_5 View Post
What do you guys think of a 31 year old woman dating a 22 year old man? Is this normal now or what?

that's like me, in my impossible dream, getting with Rob Pattinson (age)...hey a girl can dream..

Old 01-14-2009, 05:53 PM

111 posts, read 353,645 times
I've never thought age differences were a big deal. I'm dating a guy who's 18 years older than me. I have more in common with him than I have with most guys my own age.

Old 01-14-2009, 07:03 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,253 times
As a 40 year old woman, I've dated a 25 year old guy. We had a blast together, but I would have never turned it into a long-term relationship. He thought he was in love, but I knew that 15 years down the road, the age gap would have been an issue. We parted friends and remain so.

I don't look or feel my age. Why should I have to date someone who is relishing the thought of settling into codgerhood when there are plenty of younger guys (although 15 years younger was pushing my threshhold) out there whose energy levels match my own?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships