Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 06:54 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,197,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
OMG, I was about to ask if your wife is a woman (you never know on these forums), but your post clearly indicates so...

Yelp one of the Best Help Mates a Guy could ask for.

hillman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 07:01 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,512,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msta999 View Post
Thanks for reading.
The reason why a man would want to take a women to a remote part of the world is not a good reason.

He probably wants to cut you off from your friends and family and take you where no one can hear your screams.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:07 PM

Not always my wife was just looking for an adventure,she is always Game for this kind of stuff.

hillman

Old 01-15-2009, 07:11 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,197,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
The reason why a man would want to take a women to a remote part of the world is not a good reason.

He probably wants to cut you off from your friends and family and take you where no one can hear your screams.
Even though you sound like you're kinda joking at the end, it may very well be a valid reason! Abusers do like their victims isolated.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:15 PM

I tell you what.Here a couple years ago I came into some money and decided to take my wife on a trip.I found nice rooms and all.

Well I told her about it.She said she didn't need no room.She found a nice place to Camp along a Lake.She loads the Tent,tells me not to forget my Fishing Rod and off we went had a very good time.

She has thought about Alaska,Mexico,couple orther places.

hillman

Old 01-15-2009, 09:08 PM

607 posts, read 1,334,767 times
Well, my guy lives in remote Alaska, so I might do this exact thing! A simple, old-fashioned lifestyle has always been my dream. Last summer I stayed with him and the situation suited me very well. I do have much to learn, though.

Old 01-15-2009, 10:01 PM

17,641 posts, read 22,658,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hillman View Post
I tell you what.Here a couple years ago I came into some money and decided to take my wife on a trip.I found nice rooms and all.

Well I told her about it.She said she didn't need no room.She found a nice place to Camp along a Lake.She loads the Tent,tells me not to forget my Fishing Rod and off we went had a very good time.

She has thought about Alaska,Mexico,couple orther places.

hillman

Combined body warmth is GOod.................................

Old 01-15-2009, 10:20 PM

773 posts, read 1,941,546 times
Quote:

If being cut off from family and friends makes you scream, then by all means, stay in the city. For me, to much family and friends makes me scream.

Old 01-15-2009, 10:24 PM

773 posts, read 1,941,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
in a heartbeat YES

PS why does there have to be internet? If you're going to be with no technology, why mess it up with the internet? I'm just curious. Short wave I can see for supplies and basic communication, but why is internet a must?
You can order just about anything you want/need from the internet. Don't know how to skin a deer, look it up. Don't know how to can veggies or build a house, you can read about that too. It is real good for info and keeping in touch with people you want to keep in touch with.....although I'd probably get more done with out it.

Old 01-16-2009, 08:52 AM

563 posts, read 1,450,240 times
Quote:

Why would this OP suggest something dark? It is funny how some people take it that way. It's not dark or maccabre...it's the pioneering spirit man feels and wants to share with a mate of like mindedness.
Remember those Alaska Hunk type calendars? The hunky outdoorsmen wanted to attract women to their way of life out in the boonies. It was cool. "I love moonlit walks on the icy beach, soft music to watch the Northern Lights by and romantic treks to watch the caribou migrate to their mating grounds..."
In my case, I have found an Oregon boy who wants to live off the land. He's not the type to abuse or try to steal me from my kids and friends. He is all man with no foofoo. We both agree that we want that lifestyle to "get away from it all". Like "My Side of the Mountain" getaway. We love the outdoors, he's a contractor, I work in a field that allows me to work totally off the internet and the USPS if required and we have lots of experience in animal husbandry and horsemanship. We simply want to disappear from the rat race. No harm meant or done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships