Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 02:33 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,813,556 times

Advertisements

I would absolutely do it. I'm a country girl. I love the wide open spaces. For me, I've always wanted to live on a ranch in Wyoming or somewhere away from the city. I'd do it without him for that matter, but easier with two. Why I married a man who doesn't like farms and ranches, and cows, etc is beyond me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 02:39 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,133,838 times
I was thinking it wasn't so bad until the "skin a deer" and serial killer part came up!

Old 01-16-2009, 02:52 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,319,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msta999 View Post
Where both would have to fly, boat or have a long and slow drive to the property. A house would have to be built, using a portable saw mill and flying, boating or other trans to get the other materials/items to the location. No one around for miles. A well, barn, garden and everything else would have to be built. Learn (if you don't know how) to can veggies and meats....store food for the winter. No phones (maybe a short wave radio), internet is a must, so there would be satellite. Of course, there would be quads, snow machines to get around in the summer & winter, animals to take care of. It would be a hard life, but would have big rewards, as far a nature and such goes.

Note: Remote AK could be any place remote, doesn't have to be AK.

Just wondering if those type of women are still around and if you would, why?

Thanks for reading.

Me me me. But not with a stranger, would have to know him. He'd also have to have the house built first and I wouldn't want to spend no more than 3 months away.

Old 01-30-2009, 04:03 PM

773 posts, read 1,947,270 times
"He'd also have to have the house built first and I wouldn't want to spend no more than 3 months away."

The hole idea was to build something together, that would last the rest of their lives.....not just 3 months.....course, if you don't get along, three months is long enough.

Old 01-31-2009, 12:56 PM

261 posts, read 781,992 times
A definate yes ! I've made half the move already from the UK to Alaska via snowy Michigan. Living off the grid with only air access would be a dream come true.
The cold and length of winter isnt a factor, I can never understand folks who claim they need to live in a warm climate I think the clue is that we wear appropriate clothing up here, if your idea of winter is long pants and a sweater then maybe you do need to live in a warmer climate. Personally I love bundling up with my thermals and woolly socks to head out into the cold

Oh well .. I'll keep dreaming .... err .. anyone want to teach me to hunt ? I think that may help too.

Old 01-31-2009, 12:59 PM

2,278 posts, read 3,927,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msta999 View Post
Where both would have to fly, boat or have a long and slow drive to the property. A house would have to be built, using a portable saw mill and flying, boating or other trans to get the other materials/items to the location. No one around for miles. A well, barn, garden and everything else would have to be built. Learn (if you don't know how) to can veggies and meats....store food for the winter. No phones (maybe a short wave radio), internet is a must, so there would be satellite. Of course, there would be quads, snow machines to get around in the summer & winter, animals to take care of. It would be a hard life, but would have big rewards, as far a nature and such goes.

Note: Remote AK could be any place remote, doesn't have to be AK.

Just wondering if those type of women are still around and if you would, why?

Thanks for reading.
Hmm..sounds like you can store dead bodies over there too without anyone knowing...

he..he.. just kidding.

Old 01-31-2009, 01:15 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,133,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicejb View Post
Hmm..sounds like you can store dead bodies over there too without anyone knowing...

he..he.. just kidding.
I couldn't rep you, but this was hillarious.

By the way, did anyone watch the Alaska Experiment? I think some of the participants surprised themselves with how they adapted. I'm definitely not that tough.

Old 01-31-2009, 03:00 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,417,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
I was thinking it wasn't so bad until the "skin a deer" and serial killer part came up!
I do that in Michigan. It is easiest to do when the deer is still warm. We did five this fall.

Old 02-21-2009, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I do that in Michigan. It is easiest to do when the deer is still warm. We did five this fall.
5?? What? can you take more than one dear per season in Michigan? That would be nice, if they would let us do that here in WA. Oh well. Still on my count down to AK.

Old 02-21-2009, 10:34 PM

OK ladies, I do understand about not wanting to go in the woods with a stranger, so.............my name is Mike, tell me your name and we will not longer be strangers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships