Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 11:21 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,029,199 times

Advertisements

I don't do Valentines day. But I kind of like the idea of a spontaneous, surprise Valentines Day where you spouse or s/o doesn't know when it's coming. Sort of an Anti-Valentines day celebration. But, if that caught on 'they'd' find a way to tap into that too and ruin it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2009, 11:46 PM

323 posts, read 789,590 times
Since Cupid hates my guts, I will probably spend the day working as a courtesy to my other employees. I am the only single person that works in my store lol. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to have a few of the other poor chumps work too since it's considered a safety issue to work by myself.

Old 01-18-2009, 06:55 AM

1,776 posts, read 4,007,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhladik12 View Post
I really don't do Valentine's Day... maybe it's the rebel in me. There is nothing romantic about someone doing anything sentimental on Valentine's Day... they didn't do any real original work... there is red and pink **** everywhere in case they happened to forget. I'm not a bitter person, I am in a great relationship and my boyfriend is very sweet... I just think it's silly to celebrate a completely made up holiday engineered for the sole purpose of sucking as much money out of the average sap. Sorry...

It's forced, yes! Reppin you for this. It's like "let's make up a holiday in the middle of winter, to get people out of their warm houses into this cold weather since it's been 2 months since we've had a gimmick to take their money."

Old 01-18-2009, 04:22 PM

213 posts, read 785,044 times
I've been single more Valentine's Days then I have been attached. Yet, I still have a soft spot for the holiday. Who can resist conversation hearts, an armload of roses, cupids and sappy sentiments? To quote The Fiddler: Tradition,tradition. It's part of our collective culture, methinks some protest too much! <3

And St. Valentine who performed secret marriages after Claudius banned marriage (it was his belief more soldiers would sign up if they were not attached to wives and families). It eventually cost Valentine his life. I'd say he's a worthy patron of the cause....the cause being LOVE.

Ahhhh love!

Old 01-18-2009, 04:38 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,420,574 times
We're not big on gifts for V-day. I even tell my DH not to waste money on flowers, but he insists.

I'll probably just "dress up" for him.

Old 01-18-2009, 06:15 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,230,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
We're not big on gifts for V-day. I even tell my DH not to waste money on flowers, but he insists.

Same here!

Old 01-18-2009, 06:20 PM

52,387 posts, read 52,853,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post

Good wife.

Old 01-18-2009, 06:21 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,083,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
so? what if you don't have a SO, and you love your pets?
I'm gonna make some special V-Day hats for my birds and make them wear them. After all ... every bird needs a hat!

Old 01-18-2009, 06:22 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,083,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhladik12 View Post
I really don't do Valentine's Day... maybe it's the rebel in me. There is nothing romantic about someone doing anything sentimental on Valentine's Day... they didn't do any real original work... there is red and pink **** everywhere in case they happened to forget. I'm not a bitter person, I am in a great relationship and my boyfriend is very sweet... I just think it's silly to celebrate a completely made up holiday engineered for the sole purpose of sucking as much money out of the average sap. Sorry...
I feel the same way about Christmas and Easter.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:53 AM

61 posts, read 112,297 times
Actually I am planning to invite my best girl friend out on a date. Send her an invitation printed on nice flowery gold paper.. get the flowers.. romantic restaurant...

I figured, the sky would fall down before some guy would be able to fulfill such a romantic fantasy, so I am going to be the "guy" and plan a fullblown romantic night out for both of us...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships