Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2009, 10:39 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,143,624 times

Advertisements

Those pics were disturbing!

When I hear 'curvy' I think of someone with a sexy body, like Shakira or Jennifer Lopez. Those pics depict obese women.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:00 AM

291 posts, read 611,082 times
when i hear the word ''curvy'' from a woman- to me it means they trying to say ''hey, i have weight to lose, but i like my doughnuts too much.''

Old 01-29-2009, 01:14 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,222,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Enderssshadow, I found some more pics of women who are curvy just like you. I can understand why you might be upset/jealous at some of the other pics posted.

BTW, this thread got more responses than all other threads in the "Relationships" forum. But it had far far fewer views (8000) than the "Older Women, Younger Men" thread which has almost 13,000 views. Guess there's a lot of older women who are jealous of curvy women here. Im just saying.

by the way, there was no ill-intent in my post. It was supposed to be a lighthearted comment with humor.
That's kind of mean. You already did this exact same post - I think you are belaboring your point now. Did you get THAT offended by Endersshadow's comment??

I am interested in what you mean by your comment that I highlighted in red? Because if you think that some of the women on here are jealous of the type of women YOU consider 'curvy' (from the pics you've posted), I would say you are dead wrong.

Now some of the women that OTHER people have posted.... well I might be a little envious of some! Now comes the question; what do you consider an 'older woman'??

Old 01-29-2009, 01:23 PM

318 posts, read 820,784 times
Urban Dictionary: posted by random people
1. curvy 314 up, 94 downUsed most commonly in teen magazines as a euphemism for "fat" or "chubby." It works brilliantly as a marketing ploy for these companies, and it keeps from damaging the self-esteem of their overweight American adolescent consumers.

Curvy, in the traditional sense, means having an ample bosom, trim waist, and round butt.
Tyra Banks, Gisele Bundchen, and Scarlett Johansson are truly curvy. They have meat in all the right places!

Seventeen dresses all of their size 16 "curvy" girls in outfits from Torrid.

euphemism chubby plump fat overweight
by Marissa H. May 1, 2006 share this add comment
2. curvy 215 up, 71 downit used to be used to define an attractive, healthy woman's figure, which was an hourglass shape and good shoulders, now it is used to describe fat women. magazines wrongly use the word 'curvy' to try and make fat gals feel better about not being called fat, but hey, isnt it just as rude to call someone skinny as it is to call someone fat? they want slim girls to say "omigod!" and head for the pies and lard so everyone will look big and that way,they think nobody will be jealous. big women dont see that slagging off slim women wont make themselves any prettier. take a hint
normal healthy size 10 girl walks down street when she is spied by a fat lady. "Maureen! get a load of that size 10 stick insect!" she s******s. "Yeah im wicked proud of my- *umph* curvy figure! i'll display my luscious curvy muffin tops and heavenly cankles proudly for everyone to see what a 'healthy' figure is!"
fat curvy chubby chunky flabby big
by Jessicool Dec 8, 2006 share this 1 comment
3. Curvy 303 up, 173 downa real woman. not a stick. curvy women should be considered beautiful.
"shes beautiful!"
"yeah the lolly-pop look is sooo out"
by fashion ***** Aug 25, 2005 share this 2 comments

4. curvy 218 up, 88 downA way a woman should look, similar in curve to a guitar or violin, but not as pronouced.
"She was looking nice to me."
"Yeah; curvy."
by Vantage Feb 21, 2005 share this add comment
5. curvy 166 up, 70 downa word people sometimes use to describe fat girls,
in turn causing those ones with truly good, curvy figures
to believe they ,too, are fat.
An idiot might say, "Of course, you don't need to diet, 10
tonne Tessy. You be proud of your "curves". It's healthy to be completely obese.Because it means you aren't skinny."

douchebags
curvy
voluptious bigger sexy woman hypocrites
by LINDAR May 29, 2006 share this add comment
6. curvy 91 up, 53 downWord used to describe chubbier women, the word is used incorrectly to make larger people feel better about their unhealthy bodies. They often use newspaper articles such as 'Curvy is the new skinny' and ' Real girls have curves' So if you are skinny the 'curvy' girls boast about boys preffering curves and 'something to grab hold of'- what?
'It's been proved, boys love a curvy figure' The plump girl was reassured by the magazine stating her body was 'curvy' and better than slimmer women.
chubby fat plump tubby overweight unhealthy
by Mwah! x Dec 11, 2006 share this add comment
7. curvy A euphamism for fat. Curvy used to describe women who had large breasts, a small waist, and a big, shapely butt.

Now, the media is pressuring young girls and women to look like Scarlett Johansson or Angelina Jolie. If you have naturally small breasts, don't have a tiny waist, or particularly shapely hips, you're labelled as anorexic or "not a real woman". This same media claims to support "loving yourself", but if "yourself" hasn't got a perfect hourglass figure, then you're done for. Hypocrisy knows no bounds, right?
Let's say a girl, named Eve, was a fairly attractive girl. However, as she grew older, she never developed past an A cup. In other words, she wasn't curvy. According to the celebrity-obsessed freaks out there, she wasn't a real woman, so after years of struggling with her self-esteem, she got breast implants.

Why?

Because she wasn't a "real woman" without double d's.

The REAL dictionary:
2.curvy - (of a woman's body) having a large bosom and pleasing curves; "Hollywood seems full of curvaceous blondes"; "a curvy young woman in a tight dress" bosomy, busty, buxom, curvaceous, full-bosomed, sonsie, sonsy, well-endowed, stacked, voluptuous
shapely - having a well-proportioned and pleasing shape; "a slim waist and shapely legs"

From what I know.... when someones calling another FAT per se, they don't say that they're curvry but rather BIG BONED.

Old 01-29-2009, 04:18 PM

943 posts, read 3,335,098 times
Default Favorite Love Movie

delete

Old 01-29-2009, 07:46 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Guess there's a lot of older women who are jealous of curvy women here.
How did you come to that conclusion? Just because people enjoyed the thread?? That makes no sense at all to me.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:51 PM

549 posts, read 1,930,193 times
Quote:
Enderssshadow, I found some more pics of women who are curvy just like you. I can understand why you might be upset/jealous at some of the other pics posted.

BTW, this thread got more responses than all other threads in the "Relationships" forum. But it had far far fewer views (8000) than the "Older Women, Younger Men" thread which has almost 13,000 views. Guess there's a lot of older women who are jealous of curvy women here. Im just saying.

by the way, there was no ill-intent in my post. It was supposed to be a lighthearted comment with humor.
I'm a guy. Lol. I'm 22 at that.

I'm not faulting you for posting some pictures of beautiful women. I just think it's kind of odd that you posted that many pictures of beautiful women. You either have them all saved on your computer or you're searching for them on the internet. Either way...

Also, using the popularity of the thread for justifying your pictures is a poor excuse for posting them. In essence, you're using other people (their bodies, to be exact) to gain attention (even if indirectly).

I was going to say "relax, it's not that serious." However, I have a feeling that comment is going to do very little in settling your nerves. I wasn't calling you a pervert. I was saying your actions make it seem like you're a pervert. There's a difference and I made a clear distinction in my original post. But then, maybe I'm just creating more animosity than I intended...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Those pics were disturbing!

When I hear 'curvy' I think of someone with a sexy body, like Shakira or Jennifer Lopez. Those pics depict obese women.
They were intended to depict me.

Old 01-30-2009, 02:44 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMG1 View Post
delete
Favorite love movie regarding the topic of this thread?I better not say

Old 01-30-2009, 04:54 PM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,358,756 times
Quote:
This is what makes this thread so good - everyone has a different definition of curvy.

She looks a bit overweight with a big, wide, flat butt that is being covered by her walmar "Momma's Jeans". That animal print doublewide belt thats pulled too tight to try to make her stomach look smaller isnt helping either. But again, this thread is awesome because one person's curvy is another persons "yuck".
OMG lmao.....toooooooo Funny!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-10-2009, 06:57 PM

52 posts, read 102,570 times
Someone who has a shapely figure. They can be petite and still be curvy, but also be thicker, but NOT fat. Voluptuous is a better word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
good one ! I like her videos but I usually watch without sound

Xena is curvy too
Xena as in Lucy Lawless?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships