Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2009, 04:59 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWPN View Post
Seriously... I keep hearing this crap of "Nice guys finish last", where are they?
I keep running into the *******s in it for themselves. Not playing myself up, but I'm a catch!
They've been burned so many times that they don't even want to play anymore.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:35 AM

911 posts, read 2,375,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
They've been burned so many times that they don't even want to play anymore.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:02 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,820,680 times
What I have seen watching young women make dating choices is that the nice guys are never good enough. They have something "wrong" with them. Too heavy, too geeky, too boring, not ambitious enough, not romantic enough, not wealthy enough, not good looking enough, not exciting . . . You name it, every young "nice guy" that I point out to someone comes with a flurry of 'issues"

OUr society romanticizes the bad boy. The outgoing, good looking, womanizer. If you go looking for James Bond, you will not find a nice guy. Now if you go looking for Barney Fife, then you are on the right track.

Too many young women seem to have this fantasy about the perfect guy who looks like a model, has an exciting job making $2 million a year, saves kittens, puppies and small children, is well adjusted and humble and is just waiting to treat her lie a princess. Sorry, the nice guy has a big nose, or a crummy job, or plays computer games, or is overweight, or had allergies, or . . . .

Where are they?

IN chruch, at computer conventions, sitting on their couches, mowing their lawns. They are all over, but often not at the traditional dating places.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:07 AM

1,201 posts, read 2,347,991 times
gone to graveyards, everyone, when will you ever learn, when will you ever learn...where have all the young girls gone? long time passing. where have all the young girls gone, long time ago?

Old 06-10-2009, 10:04 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
The key is that you need to be *nice* but not a pushover. I never had to learn that lesson as I met Mrs. Mathguy when I was 23 and we just clicked and were nice to each other.

I got toughened up a bit since returning to dating and know better what I bring to the table and need in return. If I'm not happy with the situation and it can't be improved or talked through then I'm not going to bend over backwards and make something work that isn't meant to be.

Old 06-10-2009, 11:53 AM

649 posts, read 1,424,182 times
Quote:
I'm not vain about anything, really... I know that I bring a lot to the table in a relationship, and want the same in a guy. I think personality is a biggy over looks.

I've never gone for "the bad boys"... Overly macho/bad-asses are a bit of a turn off for me. I like the down-to-earth guys with a good sense of humor, even-keel, etc.
The problem is that most women say they are looking for that, but in reality, they are looking for the bad boy type. There is not enough women out there that are chasing the simple down to earth guy. A lot of guy act like a "bad boy", "player", "Balla" simply because that is what most women are chasing. The numbers are just better to be that way. This is why you can't find the "nice guy". Think about it, if women spend the first 30 years of their lives with thugs, what make her think at 31 there is going to be an abundance of "nice guys" to choose from? I'm not saying you did this, but this is why you are having a hard time finding a good man.

Old 06-10-2009, 01:05 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,713,148 times
<---nice guy, late 20s, clean, no baggage, no kids, makes good money, likes to fly airplanes, self-employed, rides horses, helps out at nursing homes, plays baseball, college educated, awesome parents, etc etc etc.

Old 06-10-2009, 02:07 PM

1,201 posts, read 2,347,991 times
Talking fly me---to the moon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal's Wager View Post
<---nice guy, late 20s, clean, no baggage, no kids, makes good money, likes to fly airplanes, self-employed, rides horses, helps out at nursing homes, plays baseball, college educated, awesome parents, etc etc etc.

the average gal would ask: "are you GAY?", after which, the poor fellow, like man's best friend, looks up at the moon, beighs, licks himself slightly and walks away destroyed.

Old 06-10-2009, 02:12 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
Seriously... I keep hearing this crap of "Nice guys finish last", where are they?
I keep running into the *******s in it for themselves. Not playing myself up, but I'm a catch!
Oh really? Where's a picture?? Some sort of resume??

I'll tell you where one nice guy is.... He is stuck with a really nasty gal. Yeah. The nice guys tend to get the crappy gals. Then they are miserable. Then too, the nice gals get the crappy guys.

So.... are you a nice gal getting crappy guys who would like to meet a nice guy in a crappy marriage???

HI.

Old 06-10-2009, 02:17 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgNCATL View Post
The problem is that most women say they are looking for that, but in reality, they are looking for the bad boy type. There is not enough women out there that are chasing the simple down to earth guy. A lot of guy act like a "bad boy", "player", "Balla" simply because that is what most women are chasing. The numbers are just better to be that way. This is why you can't find the "nice guy". Think about it, if women spend the first 30 years of their lives with thugs, what make her think at 31 there is going to be an abundance of "nice guys" to choose from? I'm not saying you did this, but this is why you are having a hard time finding a good man.
I wonder if part of the problem is that some "nice guys" aren't that interested in the "hunt", and don't ask every woman they meet if they'd like to get together. The "bad boys" that do, will eventually find one who does, because he asked. Whereas the nice guy might not ask, but wait for her interest instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships