Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 10:09 AM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,146,025 times

Advertisements

I agree with creme.

You had a foreshadowing. You knew you were gonna lose it today. You didn't listen to your inner voice.

But on the other hand, it's probably just what you needed to do with that
a-hole. Some people you just gotta get in their face.

Have a better one tomorrow!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 10:59 AM

9,724 posts, read 21,242,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
today is a really good day for me...
I adopted a rescue Bichon and I'm enchanted by this little dog. He is so good, such a gentleman, and so willing to please. He's loving and kind hearted. I've never had a little dog before in my life, but I am in love with this guy...

I'm the one with seperation anxiety...

Lucky you! I'd be excited too!

We lost our little Yorkie last summer. I still miss her. They can be so loyal, loving and fun. Congrats on the new family member!

Old 02-18-2009, 11:03 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,145,407 times
Hope you have a better afternoon Cat!

Old 02-18-2009, 11:13 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,462,559 times
I'm in a pretty good mood today. Looks like I'll have a new job by the end of the month. I'm excited.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:22 AM

28,901 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I'm in a pretty good mood today. Looks like I'll have a new job by the end of the month. I'm excited.
congratulations Ellie!!!!!!

Old 02-18-2009, 02:06 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,013,049 times
In my job, I get cursed at almost every day. I have to keep from yawning when they do it. I don't take it personally because I understand their frustration most of the time, but it is always something totally out of my control. If it makes them feel better to curse at someone, then they can curse at me. I'm a big girl, I can take it.

Old 02-18-2009, 04:30 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,342,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
In my job, I get cursed at almost every day. I have to keep from yawning when they do it. I don't take it personally because I understand their frustration most of the time, but it is always something totally out of my control. If it makes them feel better to curse at someone, then they can curse at me. I'm a big girl, I can take it.

This last sentence makes me go hmmmmmm!

Old 02-18-2009, 04:53 PM

656 posts, read 2,743,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
I just got written up today. I am a very easy going, passive introverted individual. I always avoid confrontations of any sort. I suck it up and just let things be. But not today. I have a severe cold/cough/allergy funk on me I just don't feel like sucking it up anymore. So one of the parts delivery drivers comes looking for a part that I sold yesterday and was supposed to be pulled and ready for delivery. Someone told him that I had it, which I did not because all parts are pulled by another person. This person "forgot" to pull the part and the driver came up to me with a real nasty attitude, barking at me asking where was the part. At the same time, I am on the phone with a customer and the driver starts to curse at me. I put the customer on hold, got up and walked up to him and told him to "never speak to me in that effing tone of voice". He continued to curse at me and came closer with his hand pointed at my face. I walked up to him even closer, smack his hand out of my face and told him a few things and came this close from tearing his head off. This guy has been talking to me like crap for some time now.
Everybody was awed because they know the kind of person I am so they were very surprised. The funny thing I had spoken to the wife 15 minutes before the whole thing happened and I told her I had a feeling I was going to "have it out" with someone today. So I got called to the office and the boss told me he knows the type of person I am and that he didn't expect me to act in a unprofessional way and that it could have been handled a different way.
After signing the write up, I took a walk to 7-11 and had a RedBull. I am happy now and having a wonderful day but still feel sick.
How's everyone's day going?
Wow thats one angry cat!

Old 02-18-2009, 05:14 PM

36,422 posts, read 16,036,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
I just got written up today. I am a very easy going, passive introverted individual. I always avoid confrontations of any sort. I suck it up and just let things be. But not today. I have a severe cold/cough/allergy funk on me I just don't feel like sucking it up anymore. So one of the parts delivery drivers comes looking for a part that I sold yesterday and was supposed to be pulled and ready for delivery. Someone told him that I had it, which I did not because all parts are pulled by another person. This person "forgot" to pull the part and the driver came up to me with a real nasty attitude, barking at me asking where was the part. At the same time, I am on the phone with a customer and the driver starts to curse at me. I put the customer on hold, got up and walked up to him and told him to "never speak to me in that effing tone of voice". He continued to curse at me and came closer with his hand pointed at my face. I walked up to him even closer, smack his hand out of my face and told him a few things and came this close from tearing his head off. This guy has been talking to me like crap for some time now.
Everybody was awed because they know the kind of person I am so they were very surprised. The funny thing I had spoken to the wife 15 minutes before the whole thing happened and I told her I had a feeling I was going to "have it out" with someone today. So I got called to the office and the boss told me he knows the type of person I am and that he didn't expect me to act in a unprofessional way and that it could have been handled a different way.
After signing the write up, I took a walk to 7-11 and had a RedBull. I am happy now and having a wonderful day but still feel sick.
How's everyone's day going?
Frankly, I'm glad you did what you did. Why is it always ok for everyone else but not for us. I always take it but never dish it!! I hate that about myself. If I do try to defend myself I always end up feeling like I hurt their feelings and there is always some consolation after I blow up. People can be so freaking rude and uncaring, it drives me nuts That's why I end up with stress and anxiety and illness, I think!!

Old 02-19-2009, 06:19 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,342,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyandScary View Post
Wow thats one angry cat!

Hey, hey!!! Don't give me any ideas now!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships