Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2009, 12:56 AM

52,387 posts, read 52,861,348 times

Advertisements

little babies and drunks have a lot in common.

God looks out for both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2009, 03:03 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,212,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillz View Post
You are right, I do not know you. I am going by what you write which SOUNDS very closed minded. Understanding what makes people tick is really important and can only help one excel in the world. I am sorry you don't feel the need to either understand or have empathy for those that don't want kids but that is certainly your choice. Perhaps your children (or child) will one day decide having kids isn't for them and wouldn't it be great if mom understood.

Or have I completely misunderstood you and you just don't want to hear about it here?
Are you serious? I need the "child-free" to tell me why they're not having kids and why I'm stupid for having kids (or being a breeder, I should say) in order for me to understand why my kids might not have kids in the future? I don't think so. I support whatever my kids choose; kids or no kids. My children are 25 years old down to age 7. I think I have it handled on this end.

Last edited by Donna7; 02-28-2009 at 03:14 AM..

Old 02-28-2009, 04:50 AM

1,495 posts, read 5,052,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzie02 View Post
But I didn't and most of the parents in parenting forums didn't either.
That's not the point. The point is a lot of people do and I would have to really think about the pluses and minuses about parenting and can I afford it so that I wouldn't have to be one of those mothers that have to give up their child.

I would never want to have to put a child up for adoption and have him/her go through a life of fostering

If you already have a child then good for you. I hope you have enough time, patience, and money to give your child everything he or she needs for at least 18 years. I have one friend with two children and she says if she had to do it all over again she wouldn't of had them because she is so tired and frustrated all the time. I don't want to be one of those people.

So it's good to see how parents feel now that they ARE parents. That is why you have to go into a parenting form.

It's like wondering if I would like fishing then visit the fishing forum and see what it entails. If you wonder if you'll like a movie or book you read reviews dont' you or read those threads?. If you want to try a new restaurant you ask around to see who has eaten there or read reviews. It's all the same thing

Last edited by Raven1976; 02-28-2009 at 05:03 AM..

Old 02-28-2009, 06:43 AM

3,631 posts, read 10,249,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzie02 View Post
She double posted here and in the education forum. The other post was moved to the relationship forum. Why can they moved this type of threads out of the parenting forum too?
.... and the version in the Education forum was quite a bit more intelligent and civil than the version that evidently came from the Parenting forum and was mashed together with the former one here in Relationships.

Old 02-28-2009, 07:28 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,509,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
.... and the version in the Education forum was quite a bit more intelligent and civil than the version that evidently came from the Parenting forum and was mashed together with the former one here in Relationships.
Well, perhaps that's because she didn't go to the education forum saying she knew she did not ever want any type of education and did anyone else feel the same way THEN get upset when she had people challenging or disagreeing with her position....

Old 02-28-2009, 08:34 AM

23,901 posts, read 33,687,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
I'm sorry... what's a DM... oh... direct message? That's ugly behavior... immature. It's a good thing they are pro-CF I suppose then, eh?
Yes, direct message. Too bad they were a coward. They used a new name to DM me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
I agree 100% with this post. We are not here to stroke each other's egos. At least I'm not. I'm not here to learn how to be a pacifist either. I AM a parent, and even if I wasn't, I'd still feel free to post here.

Funny how it's the parenting forum and the christianity forum where people think it's exclusive. I haven't noticed any other forum so indignant about others providing alternative thoughts. Hmm Personally, I believe that is because people who are so defensive on those particular topics are afraid they may not know as much as they would like to think, and will be proven wrong with the stroke of a key.

I, for one welcome opposing thoughts and ideas from anyone who contributes. I choose whether or not I agree. When I don't, makes for great debate.
I agree that people should be "allowed/able" to post anywhere but what the issue is, is how some people post.

There is a post in the about the forum section.. I suggested a child free forum. If others feel the same way, post to it.

suggest new general forums

Old 02-28-2009, 09:11 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,670,471 times
I'd be more offended by people who want children yet fail to realize it is a parent's job to prepare their children to become responsible adults. Just remember, murderers, gang bangers and pedophiles all had parents.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:32 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,808,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
I said the same thing too when I was younger and immature.
Are you kidding?
Those who don't want kids are suddenly IMMATURE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post

I thought the same thing until I was blessed w/ my dd at the age of 37. From that moment, my whole perspective of life changed and I realized the most important job I'll have have is now before me. My friend is childless by choice due to her career and now at 48 is wondering what she might have missed.

Your friend is not everyone who doesn't want to have kids.
Different strokes for different folks.
I know I would hate my life every single day if I was CURSED with a child. I know I don't have to worry about an unplanned pregnancy but if I was heterosexual...please know I would already have my sterilization date picked out and I would already have an IUD and an arsenal full of condoms and maybe even "safe money" for an abortion.
Most children are okay...until they start to cry, get whiny, attention-hungry, throw tantrums, pee on themselves, etc...
A child/children require(s) too much money that can be used for another degree, a couple nice vacations, trips to the spa, etc, too much time that can be used for more interesting things, too much headache that I can save myself from, etc,etc.
I started a Child Free group on here a few months back. Just look for it on my profile for all who are interested and trust me, parents will be thrown out if this kind of cattiness starts in there.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:45 AM

3,089 posts, read 8,517,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveTodayLez08 View Post
Are you kidding?
Those who don't want kids are suddenly IMMATURE?

Your friend is not everyone who doesn't want to have kids.
Different strokes for different folks.
I know I would hate my life every single day if I was CURSED with a child. I know I don't have to worry about an unplanned pregnancy but if I was heterosexual...please know I would already have my sterilization date picked out and I would already have an IUD and an arsenal full of condoms and maybe even "safe money" for an abortion.
Most children are okay...until they start to cry, get whiny, attention-hungry, throw tantrums, pee on themselves, etc...
A child/children require(s) too much money that can be used for another degree, a couple nice vacations, trips to the spa, etc, too much time that can be used for more interesting things, too much headache that I can save myself from, etc,etc.
I started a Child Free group on here a few months back. Just look for it on my profile for all who are interested and trust me, parents will be thrown out if this kind of cattiness starts in there.
hahaha

Children are NEVER ok even if they are not hungry,etc they want attention CONSTANTLY. They cant just sit in front of the TV or do something to occupy themselves they have to CONSTANTLY be attached to you and climb all over you. They don't even let you sleep.

Dear god the thought of even being around a child makes me sick.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:47 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,670,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
hahaha

Children are NEVER ok even if they are not hungry,etc they want attention CONSTANTLY. They cant just sit in front of the TV or do something to occupy themselves they have to CONSTANTLY be attached to you and climb all over you. They don't even let you sleep.

Dear god the thought of even being around a child makes me sick.
Now you were never like that were you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships