Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 08:53 PM

1,636 posts, read 4,236,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
Don't stoop any lower, you might get kicked in the face.

I find it funny how you think it is ME who is "stooping!"

YOU are the one who claims to have such little respect for children in general.

And to the OP. There is obviously nothing wrong with not wanting to have children BUT............

THIS IS A PARENTING FORUM. HEELLLLLOOOO IS ANYONE IN THERE???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 08:56 PM

620 posts, read 1,774,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzie02 View Post
How many threads about not having children can we have in the parenting forum?
It is getting old.
Maybe we parents should ask the administrator for a "parents only" forum.
I was just thinking about how things might be easier if there were a CF forum lol, but a "parents only" forum could work too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven1976 View Post

So who else has been contemplating not having children??
*raises hand*

Old 02-26-2009, 09:05 PM

1,986 posts, read 4,076,330 times
A parents only forum would not keep out those who don't have kids. There is no license needed to post in any forum. Anyone with an interest in any of the topics should be able to voice an opinion. Sometimes it's good to have viewpoints outside the norm.

I always appreciate it when others post and shed new light on things.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:09 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,737,578 times
I've come to the conclusion that we've structured our society wrong. We fight our biology.

The greatest gift a person can give is wisdom to a new generation. The act of giving oneself over to another being should be the final act of one's life, yet we do this in the beginning or middle of our adult lives.

It seems to me it would make more sense for young people in their reproductive prime (say about 15-30) to bear children and elders (roughly 60+), after having lived a life in which they fulfill their own self purpose, actually raise the children and transpose that wisdom.

You can see it playing out with those on the top of the economic heap - the more educated, mobile, and financially stable, the later in life they wait to have children until they're up against the extreme of their biology. The least educated and least mobile still have children as early as possible.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:16 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,521,822 times
*wanders in*

i'm not contemplating it I am 100% positive I will never ever have children

The thought has never ever EVER for a fleeting moment even crossed my mind.

I do not even enjoy being around at all.

*steps out*

Old 02-26-2009, 10:01 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,353,761 times
No one should have kids just because they're 'supposed to'. NO, no, no. I repect everyone's responsible decision about family size.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:26 PM

2,568 posts, read 6,762,320 times
Quote:
A parents only forum would not keep out those who don't have kids. There is no license needed to post in any forum. Anyone with an interest in any of the topics should be able to voice an opinion. Sometimes it's good to have viewpoints outside the norm.

I always appreciate it when others post and shed new light on things.
I would like to be able to participate in a forum here in C-D where serious parenting topics are discussed. A place for us parents to be able to share in the wisdom that only comes from being a parents. A place where non-parents, if the chose, can learn what really goes into being a good parent.
Not a place for no-parents to constantly insult parents and children.
I think all the "why would anyone want to have children" threads are driving parents away. I myself quit this forum for a while. The only reason I am back and post in this type of thread is in hopes that change will happened.
I like C-D because it helped before I moved. But now that I am settled in my new home I look to the other C-D forums.
I am aware that people can post whatever they want where ever they want. But the mods can move threads. I wish all the anti-parent threads were moved elsewhere even if they have to create another forum for them.

Old 02-27-2009, 12:00 AM

6,066 posts, read 15,081,283 times
Quote:
You have it all wrong, kids are supposed to respect adults, not the other way around.

You're funny.
Wait... wait... wait... I thought we were all supposed to behave respectfully towards each other regardless of who we are?

How are our kids supposed to learn how to behave properly if we do not first model and teach them - by doing - the proper behaviors? It's a mirroring task.

Old 02-27-2009, 12:07 AM

3,400 posts, read 8,046,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven1976 View Post
So who else has been contemplating not having children??
*Leaps up and down*

Me! Me!..except it isnt contemplating. Its more along the lines of adamant about not having 'em.

Old 02-27-2009, 12:27 AM

3,853 posts, read 12,887,491 times
Same here. Kids not for me. Too expensive, consume too much time, and cause too much stress. Not to mention they destroy your career and sex life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships