Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 10:42 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,085,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustedfilth View Post
This thread is about as classic as all the Michigan threads about the economy and racism.
Please - clue us in. A lot of us have never been on the Michigan threads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 12:19 PM

72,452 posts, read 18,220,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneheaded View Post
Village you are so right. I have said countless times that I have no future with the other woman. I would always be paranoid she would repeat our mistake. It honestly is a toxic situation. The brief happiness filled a void long enough for me to see how messed up I had allowed my life to get. Oh and I don't have any illusions of being soul mates. You can come to love someone deeply over time. You can also have a raw attraction that makes sex amazing. You can be compatible with roughly 5% of the population. IMHO
You are so right Boneheaded. Brief happiness is good enough.Just don't hurt someone's relationship.Relationship is a complicated.No one can tell you if you are wrong. There is so much we won't understand.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:25 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,800,801 times
+1

Old 03-04-2009, 01:50 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,478,057 times
Bonehead, I have been on my own now for 8 years. After my divorce I decided to focus on my child. There is no reason why a person such as yourself HAS TO HAVE SOMEONE else. That is in your own mind as a way to justify your behavior.

If a person is so dependent they have to have someone then that is a personal problem that should probably be addressed in therapy.

Old 03-04-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Bonehead, I have been on my own now for 8 years. After my divorce I decided to focus on my child. There is no reason why a person such as yourself HAS TO HAVE SOMEONE else. That is in your own mind as a way to justify your behavior.

If a person is so dependent they have to have someone then that is a personal problem that should probably be addressed in therapy.
You guys all seem to miss the part where I say "I know it is wrong" and "It is not a justification".

Lindsey if you are ok not having the company of the opposite sex....more power to you. I never said it is a requirement just that you need it. If not there would be no biological need to pair up.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:29 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,478,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneheaded View Post
You guys all seem to miss the part where I say "I know it is wrong" and "It is not a justification".

Lindsey if you are ok not having the company of the opposite sex....more power to you. I never said it is a requirement just that you need it. If not there would be no biological need to pair up.
My entire point is that your mind should be in control of that biological need. If your in a bad marriage that you can't see your way to working out then get a divorce. You owe your wife and your children at least that.

I have never understood how someone could get involved while their marriage is falling apart.

Frankly if I were dating someone and he spun me the story you did, just the fact he thought so little of his vows to his previous wife would be enough in and of itself to end things completely. I don't even have women friends who behave in this way. Dishonesty and lack of control are personality traits and they are not just limited to the circumstances you describe.

There is a category of men I call UNCLEAN. Once you have cheated on your spouse, been with another man sexually, become a priest or not taken responsibilty for your children then you are firmly in that unclean category and I wouldn't touch one of you with a ten foot pole.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:35 PM

The beauty of the world we live in.... We are all entitled to our own choices.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:59 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,272,165 times
I'd never judge someone for cheating on a spouse. Some deserve to be cheated on.

In the words of Forrest Gump, that's all I've got to say about that.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:10 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,493,273 times
If they're bad enough that you'd say they "deserve to be cheated on," they deserve to be divorced. They never deserve to be cheated on.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:16 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,571,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
If they're bad enough that you'd say they "deserve to be cheated on," they deserve to be divorced. They never deserve to be cheated on.
What is your take on that? Not judging, just wonder why you really believe that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships