Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2009, 01:42 PM

551 posts, read 1,924,728 times

Advertisements

OK, I've got a question. I drive a 2007 Ford Expedition EL. My friends kid me that I should put a bumper sticker on the back glass that says, "I love my wife." My question--is it that bad? I coach various sports, and it's nice to have the room to haul all the equipment. But is my ride really screaming FAMILY MAN!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 01:42 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,894,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I agree, you can get some pretty good lease deals for Mercedes and BMW's.

So, a flashy car doesn't necessarily mean you're rich.
True! They're everywhere in California. One gets sick of seeing them...don't forget the Lexuses.

Old 07-20-2009, 01:49 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,988,815 times
i may be in the minority here, but i dont think there is a relation at all between the type of car someone drives with their personality. i know lots of people who have certain cars that either scream "yuppie" or "poor", but they got super cheap deals on it through family members or neighbors.

a family a few houses down has a mercedes/bmw used car lot and they always have some cars for sale on our street. they had this really cool looking vintage 1986 mercedes convertible for 7k (i am sure crappy miles though). i never saw myself as buying a mercedes, but i just loved the look.

i still just use my mom's toyota avalon though. my car died last year, and i havent bought a car yet because i am saving for when i finally leave town.

Old 07-20-2009, 01:50 PM

709 posts, read 1,767,467 times
Quote:
True! They're everywhere in California. One gets sick of seeing them...don't forget the Lexuses.
If you drive a Bugatti Veyron for example, a car that costs more money than most houses in the world, than you are definitely rich. That car goes for a cool $1.7 million dollars.

Old 07-20-2009, 01:53 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,896,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOhFive View Post
OK, I've got a question. I drive a 2007 Ford Expedition EL. My friends kid me that I should put a bumper sticker on the back glass that says, "I love my wife." My question--is it that bad? I coach various sports, and it's nice to have the room to haul all the equipment. But is my ride really screaming FAMILY MAN!
HAHA, I used to drive an expedition and that is ALL I got from my friends. They called it the grocery bus...or whatever. I got a new Tahoe a couple months ago and have not heard one bit of "family man" type stuff at all.

Funny, must be something with them expeditions.

Old 07-20-2009, 02:19 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Dang, lots of strong opinions here. Can't you just leave us be to enjoy our cars without the psycho-analysis?

My fun car lost a $325 tire last week to road debris, plus I have to get a new rim...so we pay for our toys.

Old 07-20-2009, 04:44 PM

551 posts, read 1,924,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That-Guy View Post
HAHA, I used to drive an expedition and that is ALL I got from my friends. They called it the grocery bus...or whatever. I got a new Tahoe a couple months ago and have not heard one bit of "family man" type stuff at all.

Funny, must be something with them expeditions.
I might need to start looking at Chevy's!

Old 07-20-2009, 08:29 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
You can also put up a sticker - the driver doesn't carry any cash; he's married!

It's not that bad. My ol' reliable Camry screams Grandma.

Old 07-21-2009, 01:37 AM

709 posts, read 1,767,467 times
Quote:
It's not that bad. My ol' reliable Camry screams Grandma.
How old were you when Disneyland opened up in Anaheim in 1955 ?

Old 07-21-2009, 07:01 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Your question, "is your ride really screaming family man?" - yes. those model Expeditions look like school buses; they generally have a wide, tall body, low ground clearance, small wheels, and bulky running boards.

Your question, "is that bad?" - I don't think its bad. If it bothers you, you could always lift it and put on some super swampers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships